If you could be Marty McFly for a day... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

If you could be Marty McFly for a day...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:56 am

Munboy wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Yeh, I did manage to throw in a wink and a grin emoticon at the end - it was just that I put a lot of time and thought into that post and it really rubbed me the wrong way when he came back with his "seriously guys, who,cares..." - I felt that was pretty rude and uncalled for - he could have just skipped over my post if he chose not to read it. Other replies were in a serious vein, I saw no reason why mine couldn't be.

My bad dude. I didnt really mean "who cares". I was really just trying to get the thread back on topic because it was a really cool topic. I did breeze through a couple of your and other's posts about JFK and it did make me think about my views about him, which is why I suggested a seperate thread for it. And yes I know I was being hypocritical by poking my little thing into the whole SB XL thing but like I said. My bad.

Never apologize....its a sign of weakness. O:-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Karoz » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:56 am

Similar to Metroid's suggestion, I would go back in time and do things that would benefit myself.

I would take an almanac back to the 50's, and bet on every major sport that I could. I would do so in moderation, of course, and purposely lose the occasional bet, just so no one would get suspicious of my constant success.

I would also take several successful song compositions from 1970-2005, and submit them to record companies under my name. This would give me fame as a successful song writer, and it would make me a lot of money as well.

In addition, I would claim to be a prophet who could predict the future. I would inform the media/government of certain major upcoming events, and would become famous by doing so.

So, basically, I would resort to a greedy, fame craving lunatic. However, I would take the lives of others into consideration as well. I wouldn't prevent things such as Pearl Harbor, due to the possibility of altering history in a major way. However, I would use my fame and wealth to open up a chain of hospitals, help poverty-stricken families, and give orphan children a shot at a decent future.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:44 am

i would probably get out of my brain and see a pink floyd show circa 1969-1970.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:15 pm

Karoz wrote:So, basically, I would resort to a greedy, fame craving lunatic. However, I would take the lives of others into consideration as well. I wouldn't prevent things such as Pearl Harbor, due to the possibility of altering history in a major way. However, I would use my fame and wealth to open up a chain of hospitals, help poverty-stricken families, and give orphan children a shot at a decent future.

Depending on what time travel theory you subscribe to, even a minor little change such as giving a hungry family food could turn out to change history in a more major way than by preventing Pearl Harbor. Some stuff says that even the very act of going back in time, you'd have caused some major alterations in the timeline already.

But I do agree with you in a way. I'd make myself into a god if I went back in time. And likely killed after a few years too, lol, after the jaded people lead some sort of revolt against me.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:34 pm

Munboy wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Yeh, I did manage to throw in a wink and a grin emoticon at the end - it was just that I put a lot of time and thought into that post and it really rubbed me the wrong way when he came back with his "seriously guys, who,cares..." - I felt that was pretty rude and uncalled for - he could have just skipped over my post if he chose not to read it. Other replies were in a serious vein, I saw no reason why mine couldn't be.

My bad dude. I didnt really mean "who cares". I was really just trying to get the thread back on topic because it was a really cool topic. I did breeze through a couple of your and other's posts about JFK and it did make me think about my views about him, which is why I suggested a seperate thread for it. And yes I know I was being hypocritical by poking my little thing into the whole SB XL thing but like I said. My bad.

K - no prob! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:37 pm

Karoz wrote:Similar to Metroid's suggestion, I would go back in time and do things that would benefit myself.

I would take an almanac back to the 50's, and bet on every major sport that I could. I would do so in moderation, of course, and purposely lose the occasional bet, just so no one would get suspicious of my constant success.

I would also take several successful song compositions from 1970-2005, and submit them to record companies under my name. This would give me fame as a successful song writer, and it would make me a lot of money as well.

In addition, I would claim to be a prophet who could predict the future. I would inform the media/government of certain major upcoming events, and would become famous by doing so.

So, basically, I would resort to a greedy, fame craving lunatic. However, I would take the lives of others into consideration as well. I wouldn't prevent things such as Pearl Harbor, due to the possibility of altering history in a major way. However, I would use my fame and wealth to open up a chain of hospitals, help poverty-stricken families, and give orphan children a shot at a decent future.

How 'bout just just buy some shares in some companies like IBM and Microsoft - then use your windfall to buy an NFL franchise! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Sandrock » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:31 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Karoz wrote:Similar to Metroid's suggestion, I would go back in time and do things that would benefit myself.

How 'bout just just buy some shares in some companies like IBM and Microsoft - then use your windfall to buy an NFL franchise! ;-D

As long as it's not the Cleveland Browns, I think you'll be okay.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Sandrock wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

As long as it's not the Cleveland Browns, I think you'll be okay.

That is a marvelous idea.

Perhaps I could buy the Detroit Lions, and prevent Matt Millen from ever taking over the President/CEO position. That would be one of the greatest acts of kindness that I could possibly perform.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk