NFL Network bashing again...sorry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL Network bashing again...sorry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:21 pm

mrblitz wrote:I have NFL Network, and absolutely love it. Don't worry guys, by next year, you all should be able to get it.

Do you love the announcers aswell :-o
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:30 am

First off, Gumble and Collinsworth are way way better than Kornheiser and Theisman on Monday Night. Those guys are losers.

Second, I laugh at all you guys that don't get the game. I get all the games on TSN in Canada :-b
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:39 am

bobbing_headz wrote:First off, Gumble and Collinsworth are way way better than Kornheiser and Theisman on Monday Night. Those guys are losers.

Second, I laugh at all you guys that don't get the game. I get all the games on TSN in Canada :-b

Here...can you take this salt and pour it in this open wound here? :-b

Honestly, if this game were on Sunday at noon on Fox, for example, it would be played in my local market here. This game has as much to do with the Packer playoff chances as the Packer game on Sunday night does. Local markets here have always done a good job in the past of considering playoff implication games instead of just throwing in any random NFC North game. No question this would be on here.

But it's not on Fox - it's on NFLN. Stupid Charter - time for another angry phone call. I'm averaging one a day...I think that will need to increase. :-#
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:18 am

bobbing_headz wrote:First off, Gumble and Collinsworth are way way better than Kornheiser and Theisman on Monday Night.

This is like being asked to choose your method of execution.

I have NFLN but my beef is they aren't shown in hi-def like most of the other games.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kyguy78 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:22 pm

I just don't like Gumble's style. I think Collinsworth is a good guy in the booth and they just need to pair him with a really good play-by-play man. Gumble sounds too much like he's reading the news sometimes.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:00 am

kyguy78 wrote:I just don't like Gumble's style. I think Collinsworth is a good guy in the booth and they just need to pair him with a really good play-by-play man. Gumble sounds too much like he's reading the news sometimes.

Gumble is horrible. I seriously think the whole game is one long run-on sentence because every thing he says starts with "and" Listen for it tomorrow. And it's 1st and 10. And Manning sets to the line. And ....and .....and .....and. :-P
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:54 am

http://losangeles.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stories/2006/12/04/daily44.html

Time Warner Inc.'s cable subsidiary has filed a false-advertising lawsuit against DirecTV Group Inc. due to commercials about the NFL Network and high-definition television, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

The suit claims DirecTV falsely claimed in recent ads that Time Warner Cable subscribers will not be able to see their local professional football teams play unless they have DirecTV. Time Warner is one of several cable operators who no longer carry the NFL Network, due to monthly fees the league wants to charge for the channel, the Wall Street Journal said.

New York-based Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) alleges DirecTV broke an agreement to stop running the ads last month. In these cases, Time Warner says the local games are available on broadcast channels, like an example Time Warner used in the suit of a Dec. 30 game between New York Giants and the Washington Redskins, according to the paper.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Manhattan on Thursday, also alleges DirecTV has made false claims that its HDTV service provides "a picture quality that is superior to Time Warner Cable's HDTV service," in television and radio commercials.

El Segundo-based DirecTV (NYSE: DTV) is a satellite television service provider with more than 15.6 million customers. It is a subsidiary of New York-based News Corp. (NYSE: NWS).

Am I missing something? How is DirecTV making a false claim?[/quote]
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: NFL Network bashing again...sorry

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:23 am

dgan wrote:Not really bashing NFL Network. Blame who you want. But this Giants/Redskins game has playoff implications on half the teams in the NFC. Now I have to go find a place to watch it.

Sucks. :-t

Agreed 100%. The NFL Network not being available to everyone who wants it has totally sucked this year. Hopefully the NFL works something out with the cable companies so it can be available to everyone who wants it next year.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting