ESPN idiots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN idiots

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN idiots

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:01 pm

I get a kick out of the bandwagon jumping talking heads. 2 weeks ago, everyone was touting Dallas as the best team in the NFC, and Philly was unmentioned. Now, I turn on Cold Pizza (which I usually don't watch, but this week's vacation for me), and all of a sudden Philly is the best team in the conference and Dallas isn't even in the top 5, while Green Bay and St Louis are.

As a Giants fan, I honestly don't care who's top 5 in the NFC (I definitely agree that they aren't), but I'm really starting to notice that a lot of these guys doing the talking really have no original insight. They simply hop on the hot team until they cool off, then hop to the next one.

Who are some guys that have pretty good track records with providing accurate and insightful analysis? I'm really getting sick of the "flash in the pan" nature of sports reporting...
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ESPN idiots

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:13 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I'm really getting sick of the "flash in the pan" nature of sports reporting...

It's really what you get when you have a ton of networks, radio stations and websites that have to provide so much content. You need new stories ALL THE TIME...
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Really the only sources I trust for opinions and such are the local sources. As you have noticed, ESPN and a lot of the top networks are MAJOR bandwagon riders. Even in the middle of a game you can hear them switch sides according to who is playing better at that moment. :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:16 pm

Should've asked me, I could of told you the Eagles were the best team. :-b

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:26 pm

Watching Cold Pizza should have been your first clue. Listening to Skip Bayless talk for more than a minute makes a persons IQ drop several points, so consider yourself warned. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:29 pm

ESPN has some weak links, but I think all and all they aren't too bad. Chris Berman is pretty good with the exception of any and all things regarding the Pats, and a couple of the other guys actually know what they're talking about too. Good luck finding any network that actually has solid consistent insight. Unfortunately such a thing does not exist. :-t
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:11 pm

Cold Pizza? YUCK...I don't understand how any one watches that show period.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby deacon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:51 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Cold Pizza? YUCK...I don't understand how any one watches that show period.

DITTO!
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Munboy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:47 pm

Cold pizza is just bad....

I prefer to nuke the leftovers in the morning. ;-D

In all seriousness, all I have to say is a big DUH! This is the way media is, and always has been. The hot team is the talk of the town and the team who's lost a few games "doesn't have a chance" and "might as well start planning for next year"

Philly could be the Pittsburgh of this year. When the Steelers were struggling and getting beat left and right, everybody was talking about Cincy. But look what happened. All those guys in makeup in front of a camera are just talking heads.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:58 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Watching Cold Pizza should have been your first clue. Listening to Skip Bayless talk for more than a minute makes a persons IQ drop several points, so consider yourself warned. 8-o

Skip Bayless is such a tool that he actually makes Jay Mariotti look good. Seriously, ho hard is that to do?

As to who the best team in the NFC is it's awfully hard for me not to say Chicago, but even they have huge ???. Was a time not too long ago while the Packers and Cowboys and 49ers were chewing up the NFL when the same kinda debates went on about the AFC.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk