ESPN idiots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN idiots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:44 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Watching Cold Pizza should have been your first clue. Listening to Skip Bayless talk for more than a minute makes a persons IQ drop several points, so consider yourself warned. 8-o

Skip Bayless is such a tool that he actually makes Jay Mariotti look good. Seriously, ho hard is that to do?

As to who the best team in the NFC is it's awfully hard for me not to say Chicago, but even they have huge ???. Was a time not too long ago while the Packers and Cowboys and 49ers were chewing up the NFL when the same kinda debates went on about the AFC.

I think it is hard to not say Chicago for best in the NFC but I'm going to do it anyway. Right now, I am really buying into the Saints. They are playing some great football, and really have some great talent on that team. Chicago is definatly a close second, however.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:31 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Watching Cold Pizza should have been your first clue. Listening to Skip Bayless talk for more than a minute makes a persons IQ drop several points, so consider yourself warned. 8-o

Skip Bayless is such a tool that he actually makes Jay Mariotti look good. Seriously, ho hard is that to do?

As to who the best team in the NFC is it's awfully hard for me not to say Chicago, but even they have huge ???. Was a time not too long ago while the Packers and Cowboys and 49ers were chewing up the NFL when the same kinda debates went on about the AFC.

I think it is hard to not say Chicago for best in the NFC but I'm going to do it anyway. Right now, I am really buying into the Saints. They are playing some great football, and really have some great talent on that team. Chicago is definatly a close second, however.

I can't see the Saints beating Chicago in Chicago in January. I wish I could, because I'd like to see them in Miami, but I don't see it happening.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby eman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:04 am

((Reggie Bush+Deuce)/January Chi weather)*Chicago Porous Run D=A convincing NO victory.

But it won't matter, the Hawks will take care of the Bears. :)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:13 am

Skip Bayliss hates kickers, and I hate Cold Pizza. :-B

But you should only be turning to any of the espn shows for entertainment purposes only. The best one is Around the Horn though, who can't love a show that hardly talks about hockey and nascar and mutes Cowlishaw when he does want to talk about it :-B
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Stelly » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:14 am

WickedSmaat wrote:Skip Bayliss hates kickers, and I hate Cold Pizza. :-B

But you should only be turning to any of the espn shows for entertainment purposes only. The best one is Around the Horn though, who can't love a show that hardly talks about hockey and nascar and mutes Cowlishaw when he does want to talk about it :-B

ESPN's snubbing of the NHL is purely a political move on their part, but that's another conversation for another thread/forum.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:40 am

eman wrote:ESPN has some weak links, but I think all and all they aren't too bad. Chris Berman is pretty good with the exception of any and all things regarding the Pats, and a couple of the other guys actually know what they're talking about too. Good luck finding any network that actually has solid consistent insight. Unfortunately such a thing does not exist. :-t

I think Berrman is the worst! :-t
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: playing super tecmo bowl...Bo and Marcus Allen are you kidding?

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:25 pm

Stelly wrote:

ESPN's snubbing of the NHL is purely a political move on their part, but that's another conversation for another thread/forum.

Oh I fully understand that, and I still think it was the worst move for the NHL to even go to OLN, who the hell watches that channel anyways. I guarantee I'd still be interested in the NHL if there were games played on ESPN.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:59 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Stelly wrote:

Oh I fully understand that, and I still think it was the worst move for the NHL to even go to OLN, who the hell watches that channel anyways. I guarantee I'd still be interested in the NHL if there were games played on ESPN.

espn vs bettman, the agorant asses vs the ass. The NHL should have paid espn to be on, and shame on the self-proclaimed sports leaders for abandoning a sport for cheap programming.

Sorry, got to run. A new step dancing show is on the deuce! Oh and the dog show is next followed by the hot dog eating conteast. Sounds like another full slate of quality sports programming by the leaders in sports entertainment.

espn is a joke..........still better than most of the other followers, but a joke nonetheless.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:12 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
eman wrote:ESPN has some weak links, but I think all and all they aren't too bad. Chris Berman is pretty good with the exception of any and all things regarding the Pats, and a couple of the other guys actually know what they're talking about too. Good luck finding any network that actually has solid consistent insight. Unfortunately such a thing does not exist. :-t

I think Berrman is the worst! :-t

I enjoy Berman. He is an ESPN icon in his own right. Now, Skip Clueless is another story...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:07 am

I don't really like Berman. I know he's been around forever, but he's really annoying.

Honestly, it's hard to come up with a guy I like. The only guys I kinda like are Kenny Mayne and Steve Young. The guys I can't stand: Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith, Michael Irvin...
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk