Great Mike Vick Quotes !! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Great Mike Vick Quotes !!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:48 am

footballfan30107 wrote:As a falcon fan, I've said for 2 years now that the falcons need to do several things if they want to be better than 8-8...first, a comment..is vick exciting? you betcha..can he run?? without a doubt..do fans pay to see him break off a 75 yarder?? absolutely..however, he doesn't have the accurate downfield arm required..so, if I were the falcon GM, I'd do two things:

1) Trade Vick for a true #1 wideout AND a left tackle (or high draft pick) to better protect the QB blind side..

2) Promote Matt Schaub to the starter position and let him take over..he's more of a prototype QB with a much better (read: accurate) arm..

Vick will never take the falcons anywhere IMHO..

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Best quote ever....

Edit: lol, they dont even allow Bitmaps in the cafe? well copy that link and paste it in your address bar.

Judging by how brilliant his brother is, the Vick family must be so proud. Wow. Quote me on this. Michael Vick will never, ever, ever, win a Super Bowl as a starting quarterback. Ever. No guts, no class, no brains, just legs for miles. He may as well be the Naomi Campbell of NFL quarterbacks.

Wow, a falcon fan willing to admit that they're going nowhere with Vick?? 8-o

But I agree with you and also have been saying it for awhile. Shaub is the better QB, Vick just happens to be the better athlete. But I don't think they will be able to dump Vick. He is overpaird while underachieving...Not to mention his tool status. As Mora SR said, he'a a coach killer. There's no team that will be willing to trade for Vick with that huge contract. If the falcons find out (like everybody else not a falcon fan already knows) that Vick might be exciting, but he's not that great of a QB, they'll be best served cutting him and taking the cap hit.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballfan30107 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:56 am

He is a coach killer..atlanta leads or is at the top of the league in rushing every year, but it's not due to their running game..vick's runs are figured in there..

I laughed when I read at the beginning of the season TO wanted to come to atlanta and play with vick..first thing ashlie lelie learned this year, unless you have 83 on your shirt, you ain't involved in the passing game to any meaningful extent..sure, jenkins scored 7 TD's or so, but how many of them came on short/med passes where he shook the first tackler? how many of those td's came with jenkins actually beating the cover AND catching a pass IN the endzone? not many..

unless and until they trade vick, more 8-8 and 7-9 seasons are in the future..

Munboy wrote:
footballfan30107 wrote:As a falcon fan, I've said for 2 years now that the falcons need to do several things if they want to be better than 8-8...first, a comment..is vick exciting? you betcha..can he run?? without a doubt..do fans pay to see him break off a 75 yarder?? absolutely..however, he doesn't have the accurate downfield arm required..so, if I were the falcon GM, I'd do two things:

1) Trade Vick for a true #1 wideout AND a left tackle (or high draft pick) to better protect the QB blind side..

2) Promote Matt Schaub to the starter position and let him take over..he's more of a prototype QB with a much better (read: accurate) arm..

Vick will never take the falcons anywhere IMHO..

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Best quote ever....

Edit: lol, they dont even allow Bitmaps in the cafe? well copy that link and paste it in your address bar.

Judging by how brilliant his brother is, the Vick family must be so proud. Wow. Quote me on this. Michael Vick will never, ever, ever, win a Super Bowl as a starting quarterback. Ever. No guts, no class, no brains, just legs for miles. He may as well be the Naomi Campbell of NFL quarterbacks.

Wow, a falcon fan willing to admit that they're going nowhere with Vick?? 8-o

But I agree with you and also have been saying it for awhile. Shaub is the better QB, Vick just happens to be the better athlete. But I don't think they will be able to dump Vick. He is overpaird while underachieving...Not to mention his tool status. As Mora SR said, he'a a coach killer. There's no team that will be willing to trade for Vick with that huge contract. If the falcons find out (like everybody else not a falcon fan already knows) that Vick might be exciting, but he's not that great of a QB, they'll be best served cutting him and taking the cap hit.
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:12 pm

They should make Schuab the QB and let Vick be a WR / RB ala Reggie Bush in N.Orleans.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby footballfan30107 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:16 pm

that isn't a half bad idea..but I somehow doubt vick would have the intestinal fortitude it takes to run a crossing route knowing he's gonna get the bejesus knocked out of him..

fantasizing wrote:They should make Schuab the QB and let Vick be a WR / RB ala Reggie Bush in N.Orleans.
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk