Jerry Rice vs Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerry Rice vs Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:19 pm

you can not expect a player who runs 40 yard fly routes play after play to sprint at 100% every single play even when he knows he has no chance of getting the ball.

Interesting you would make that point. A reporter a couple years ago (when Moss made his comments) asked Rice if he went 100% every play. His response was yes. He knew he was in better shape than the DBs covering him, and at the end of the game, they would be tired and he'd beat them.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:53 pm

9er Fan wrote:
you can not expect a player who runs 40 yard fly routes play after play to sprint at 100% every single play even when he knows he has no chance of getting the ball.

Interesting you would make that point. A reporter a couple years ago (when Moss made his comments) asked Rice if he went 100% every play. His response was yes. He knew he was in better shape than the DBs covering him, and at the end of the game, they would be tired and he'd beat them.

Well put 9er fan. This is the pro's not high school, whether or not you are a decoy on the play, you have to go all out and fool the defenders. You just don't go 100% when your going to get the ball, come on man.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:54 pm

jerry rice does not run 40 yard flys like Randy does. no man can be in good enough shape to run several consectutive 40 yards dashes at 100%. not taking anything from Jerry here. he is 100% a hard working WR. but i think Randy has been unfairly portrayed.

Friendliness: %

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:55 pm

sorry that was me.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:57 pm

If anyone in the league right now should be compared to Jerry Rice,it's Marvin Harrison.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:00 pm

My statement, Moss is the MOST explosive WR, Rice (in his prime) was the most consistent WR. I think I would rather have an explosive WR than a very consistent...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:05 pm

marvin is more comparible to Rice due to his style of play, both are possession recievers but rice is clearly better than Harrison. Moss is the best reciever in the NFL today.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:08 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:If anyone in the league right now should be compared to Jerry Rice,it's Marvin Harrison.

I agree that Harrison is the best WR out there right now, and I further more think that if anyone is like Rice and could break his records with class it would be Harrison. Owens and Moss could only hope to be as consistant and as sure handed as Harrison is now and Rice was. It kills me to say was with Rice, but he is dropping more passes now, that in his prime he would not.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:11 pm

no body is saying that moss will get more recptions than rice or harrison but they are different types of players. harrison and rice were more the type of players that will get you those crucial first downs 10 times a game as where moss is more the type that will break off a huge gain maybe 3 times in a game. each is different. some coaches would rather have that consistency and some want the game breaker. again no diss intended for the great Jerry Rice.

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:27 pm

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. If Randy Moss had Rice's heart and work ethic, he would be better than he is now.

If you look at Harrison's first 6 years in the NFL and the way he works at the game, if he's till playing in 15 years, I think he may have a legitimate shot at some of Rice's records. Moss, on the other hand, will probably quit once age catches up to him and he has to work for it. Moss doesn't have half the heart that Rice or Harrisson have. That's why Moss will never touch Rice's records and that's why Moss will never be the best receiver ever.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk