I rest my case.

the BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:28 am

josebach wrote:
Purple_Pride wrote:people mature. randy obviously has had his problems early in his career but can anyone tell me any flaws about how he has conducted himslef this ofseason or this season?

Yeah, he took the entire bye week off while the rest of his teammates practiced.

so a player who has been playing through the pain of a back injury all season takes his bye week with the recommandation of his coaches and this makes him what? lazy? self-centered? give me a break guy. do some research before you blast a player, Randy Moss is the respected locker room leader of a 5-0 club.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:51 am

9er Fan wrote:
Somebody brought it up earlier and I think it is a good point. You could put a division II quarterback behind center, send Moss on a fly pattern, let the defense triple coverage him and just throw up a jump ball and Moss most will likely will come down with it. This is a high percentage play and I am not sure people are giving Moss the credit he deserves for this.

There may be games where Moss makes it look that easy, but if this were really true, why did Moss only have 7 TDs last year instead of say... 30? If he could beat triple coverage consistently, why don't they throw it to him every single play? Moss is more physically gifted than Rice, and if he had the work ethic of Rice, maybe he could become the greatest receiver of all time, but we'll never know.

Exactly. The bomb into triple coverage is in no way a "high percentage play" Sure Moss has incredible physical skills but he is not going to consistently beat 2-3 guys at a time, Its just NOT going to happen. And even though Moss and Rice are two different types of player, i dont really see why this thread is here because there is NO WAY you can compare Moss to Rice right now. If somehow Moss keeps this up for another 10 years then I'd have to think about the moss-rice question but right now no way.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:54 am

i agree where we are at today and what we have seen both these players do in their careers, Jerry Rice was the better WR. My only thin gis i think people have unfairly labelled Randy Moss detrimental to his team.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:02 am

Purple_Pride wrote:so a player who has been playing through the pain of a back injury all season takes his bye week with the recommandation of his coaches and this makes him what? lazy? self-centered?

I'm sorry. You're right. Randy Moss is a guy that always puts the team first. Just like here at Florida State when he got kicked off the team for drugs. Thanks, Randy!!! ;-D

As far as his back injury goes, why couldn't he have stayed with the team and just not practiced? Do you suppose his own Doctor's and therapists are better than the Vicking's?

Anyway, I know you want Randy to be a good guy but just because he's a great player and he plays for your team... it doesn't make it true.

Friendliness: %

Postby josebach » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:04 am

Shoot, that last post was mine. Look, it's nothing personal. I have nothing against the Vikings. I'm a Bucs fan, but you won't catch me making excuses for Warren Sapp. He's another prime example of a guy that doesn't put the team first.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:09 am

im sorry, i didnt realize that you can only read one line or one thought and then you forget everything else. i clearly stated that i know Randy Moss has had his problems early in his career. I said that this past offseason Randy Moss set a great example for the rest of his team mates as a super star should. This season he has played great, he hasnt been involved in any trash talk in the media or had any problems off the field. Several Minnesota Viking players have come and said that Randy Moss is a great leader in their locker room, he is leading by setting an example. Now im not saying Randy Moss is mother Teresa here but i just dont think he is doing anything but help his team win. As for practice he has practiced this week through pain with Culpepper to ensure that they will be on the same page come Sunday, he has also taken some time off to rest his back before practing again yesterday under the direction of Mike Tice.

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:13 am

of course this is nothing personal i am only saying that i believe Randy has grown up, he has finally matured into a positive locker room presence, he didnt complain when he didnt get the ball too much in the first 3 games. he didnt pull a TO or a Hines Ward or a Meshawn. I have seen no behaviour of late that would lead me to question his new found maturity.

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk