Rotten Dead Pool - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Rotten Dead Pool

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rotten Dead Pool

Postby Karoz » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:43 am

Celebrity deaths have been abundant lately, which has once again sparked my interest in the subject. I have been playing a certain game for 5 years, and I figured that it couldn't hurt to share it with the members of this site.

The name of the game is Rotten Dead Pool. The basic idea of the game is simple, you pick 10 celebrities that you think will die within the next year. If you can accumulate more deaths than anyone else, you win.

As soon as you create an account, you are grouped with around 20,000 other users. Each user creates their own list of 10 celebrities. Every time someone on your list dies, their name is crossed out, and you receive one point. If you score more points than anyone else, then you win the game. After one year has passed, you must create a new account, which will automatically put you in a new game, where you pick a new group of celebrities.

I have played the game for around 5 years, and it is actually a lot of fun. I currently have two points, and my game doesn't end until July 26th 2006. The two names that are crossed out on my list are Freddy Fender and Gerald Ford.

Anyhow, the site is http://deadpool.rotten.com/. To my knowledge, no prizes are ever handed out, as it is just a fun oriented game.

WARNING Just so you are aware, Rotten's main site is devoted to the reality of death. They have links to many videos and pictures of suicides, murders, diseases, etc. However, they don't put anything of that sort on their Dead Pool page.
Last edited by Karoz on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1697
Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:20 am

I couldn't care less about celebrities' lives and think most of the paparrazzi (sp?) driven entertainment industry is annoying, pointless, and destructive. Having said this, I am appalled that someone would take the deaths of anyone this lightly. To actually make a game out of who is going to die first is alarming, to say the least.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:22 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I couldn't care less about celebrities' lives and think most of the paparrazzi (sp?) driven entertainment industry is annoying, pointless, and destructive. Having said this, I am appalled that someone would take the deaths of anyone this lightly. To actually make a game out of who is going to die first is alarming, to say the least.


QFT ;-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:29 am

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I couldn't care less about celebrities' lives and think most of the paparrazzi (sp?) driven entertainment industry is annoying, pointless, and destructive. Having said this, I am appalled that someone would take the deaths of anyone this lightly. To actually make a game out of who is going to die first is alarming, to say the least.


QFT ;-D


Quality Fried Toast ? :-?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 am

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I couldn't care less about celebrities' lives and think most of the paparrazzi (sp?) driven entertainment industry is annoying, pointless, and destructive. Having said this, I am appalled that someone would take the deaths of anyone this lightly. To actually make a game out of who is going to die first is alarming, to say the least.


QFT ;-D


Quality Fried Toast ? :-?


Quick F***ing Talking? :-?
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:18 am

Where I think it's morbid and I have no interest in playing, I'm certainly not going to pass moral judgement on someone that does play. (There seems to be a lot of that around here :-?) The fact of the matter is, we're all going to die... every last one of us. Where dying is just as natural as being born, it's still to most the scariest thing we'll ever have to face. People sometimes deal with this fact by making light of it. It's a coping mechanism.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:31 am

josebach wrote:Where I think it's morbid and I have no interest in playing, I'm certainly not going to pass moral judgement on someone that does play. (There seems to be a lot of that around here :-?) The fact of the matter is, we're all going to die... every last one of us. Where dying is just as natural as being born, it's still to most the scariest thing we'll ever have to face. People sometimes deal with this fact by making light of it. It's a coping mechanism.


Pretending you don't judge people may fool you, but it doesn't fool anyone else. Your very statement above is a judgement, based on your morals.

So yes, I would agree that there seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Pretending we're above it is a bit silly, though.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 am

josebach wrote:Where I think it's morbid and I have no interest in playing, I'm certainly not going to pass moral judgement on someone that does play. (There seems to be a lot of that around here :-?) The fact of the matter is, we're all going to die... every last one of us. Where dying is just as natural as being born, it's still to most the scariest thing we'll ever have to face. People sometimes deal with this fact by making light of it. It's a coping mechanism.


Death is a natural occurrance, obviously, but does it have to be celebrated?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:53 am

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Where I think it's morbid and I have no interest in playing, I'm certainly not going to pass moral judgement on someone that does play. (There seems to be a lot of that around here :-?) The fact of the matter is, we're all going to die... every last one of us. Where dying is just as natural as being born, it's still to most the scariest thing we'll ever have to face. People sometimes deal with this fact by making light of it. It's a coping mechanism.


Pretending you don't judge people may fool you, but it doesn't fool anyone else. Your very statement above is a judgement, based on your morals.

So yes, I would agree that there seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Pretending we're above it is a bit silly, though.


Yeah, Knapp. You're right. I'm constantly making posts implying moral superiority. Seems to me I've been pretty adamant about suggesting that a lot of "moral" issues are actually quite relative. I guess I'm remembering incorrectly. Thanks for setting me straight. ;-D ;-7
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:58 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Where I think it's morbid and I have no interest in playing, I'm certainly not going to pass moral judgement on someone that does play. (There seems to be a lot of that around here :-?) The fact of the matter is, we're all going to die... every last one of us. Where dying is just as natural as being born, it's still to most the scariest thing we'll ever have to face. People sometimes deal with this fact by making light of it. It's a coping mechanism.


Pretending you don't judge people may fool you, but it doesn't fool anyone else. Your very statement above is a judgement, based on your morals.

So yes, I would agree that there seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Pretending we're above it is a bit silly, though.


Yeah, Knapp. You're right. I'm constantly making posts implying moral superiority. Seems to me I've been pretty adamant about suggesting that a lot of "moral" issues are actually quite relative. I guess I'm remembering incorrectly. Thanks for setting me straight. ;-D ;-7


You may think you're being tongue-in-cheek, but you do this quite frequently. Apparently you do fool yourself. :-°
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:37 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact