Rotten Dead Pool - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Rotten Dead Pool

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:38 pm

knapplc wrote:
Karoz wrote: The fact that it is disturbing to you is perfectly reasonable. I think that the majority of the people that play the game do so out of curiosity about death, which is what the site itself thrives off of.

In my opinion, someones life accomplishments aren't diminished just because they are chosen in a game such as this. If anything, it brings their current achievements to light to millions of individuals who might have otherwise never known about them. When selecting your list, you review their profile, which as I mentioned before, contains information about their accomplishments, their life, and their family. Also, if you have a certain celebrity on your list, then you will follow their life much more closely for any updates, which would give you a higher awareness about any accomplishments that they might achieve in the future.

Just as long as those of you playing aren't stalking celebrities with tire irons.

NO CHEATING!!!!! }:-) :-b

Actually, that's what happened in the Dirty Harry movie "Deadpool". :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:38 pm

knapplc wrote:
Karoz wrote: The fact that it is disturbing to you is perfectly reasonable. I think that the majority of the people that play the game do so out of curiosity about death, which is what the site itself thrives off of.

In my opinion, someones life accomplishments aren't diminished just because they are chosen in a game such as this. If anything, it brings their current achievements to light to millions of individuals who might have otherwise never known about them. When selecting your list, you review their profile, which as I mentioned before, contains information about their accomplishments, their life, and their family. Also, if you have a certain celebrity on your list, then you will follow their life much more closely for any updates, which would give you a higher awareness about any accomplishments that they might achieve in the future.

Just as long as those of you playing aren't stalking celebrities with tire irons.

yeah remeber what happened to the last cheater
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:41 pm

knapplc wrote:

Actually, they cover that very issue in the rules. :-b

Rotten Dead Pool Rules wrote:I. THOU SHALT NOT KILL

Murdering a member of your list (otherwise known as market manipulation) is not allowed. Players may not cause or otherwise participate in the death of any celebrities. If you cause death to a celebrity on your list, you will be suspended for one (1) year of play. If you cause death to a celebrity on another person's list with the intent to manipulate scores, you will also be suspended for one year. If you attempt to use weapons of mass destruction to kill large numbers of people, some of whom are likely to be celebrities, you will be suspended for one year.
Last edited by Karoz on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 pm

If memory serves, I believe CSI:Miami did an episode about this very thing where a perp broke Rule #1.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:54 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:

yeah remeber what happened to the last cheater

Don't know if you remember or not, but Jim Carrey was the very first victim. He played a rock star and the song he sung in the movie was ' Welcome to the Jungle'. Funny, huh?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:31 pm

The_Captain wrote:If memory serves, I believe CSI:Miami did an episode about this very thing where a perp broke Rule #1.

Yea, I actually saw this episode. Strange really, since I've only seen a total of maybe 3 CSI: Miami episodes, lol. The betting on celebrity deaths wasn't the main point of the investigation though, as the boat running the game offshore was also counterfeiting SuperBills.

Anyways, some people will bet on anything. I think a celebrity death pool is a bit morbid, but whatever. People are free to spend their money however they want. And there are worse things happening around the world.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:25 am

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I couldn't care less about celebrities' lives and think most of the paparrazzi (sp?) driven entertainment industry is annoying, pointless, and destructive. Having said this, I am appalled that someone would take the deaths of anyone this lightly. To actually make a game out of who is going to die first is alarming, to say the least.

QFT ;-D

Quality Fried Toast ? :-?

Urban Dictionary

QUOTED FOR TRUTH - Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours.

There were other possiblities, but I highly doubt they were implying those other options.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:35 pm

I find the game a little morbid but I have no problem with those who choose to play it. I think George Bernard Shaw summed it up pretty well:"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:17 pm

It doesnt really bother me either, I dont think I'll be playing it though I have a hard enough time keeping up with my living FFB players. Although I do question if Rod Smith is actually still alive. O:-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Popcynical » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:24 pm

I picked Saddam. ;-D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk