Good news for Dominick Davis owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Good news for Dominick Davis owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good news for Dominick Davis owners

Postby dalej » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:31 pm

From Fanball.com

Rookie running back Domanick Davis took most of the snaps with the Texans’ first-team offense Wednesday and appears to be in line for his first NFL start this Sunday against the New York Jets. “Domanick has earned playing time,” said Houston coach Dom Capers. “So you will be seeing more of Dominick.” Turf toes on both feet have slowed Stacey Mack, who has started all five of the previous games and leads the Texans with 211 rushing yards. But Davis, to this point used as a third-down back and as the single back in three-receiver packages, has been more effective. Davis has 34 touches and 220 yards from scrimmage over the past two games, while Mack has amassed just 58 yards in 21 touches.

OUR VIEW

The Texans run a good portion of their offense out of the three-receiver set, so Davis has been on the field plenty already this season. And Capers has not officially announced Davis as the starter for this week’s game, though it certainly seems to be merely a formality at this point. The Jets are giving up almost 150 yards per game on the ground, so Davis has a good chance at some very nice numbers in his first start. He’s a great bye-week plug-in play for this week, and it’s entirely possible he keeps the job the rest of the season. ;-D
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:33 pm

I know, I didn't have a chance to pick him up before another guy did. Being second place stinks.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bbentley40 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:18 pm

Bummer for me.. I play the guy that picked him up this week. :(
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:24 pm

bbentley40 wrote:Bummer for me.. I play the guy that picked him up this week. :(

I don't think it is that bad. I think he will still share some of the carries this week. But in a couple weeks he should be getting next to all of them.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SuperCafone » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:41 pm

Darn I grabbed Foster instead of him on waivers, I could have gotten him but he's gone! :-D
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:38 pm

I'm "that guy" that picked him up a week and a half ago on a gut feeling... I hope this makes up for me dropping Michael Bennett last year after week 4...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby kashikis » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:06 pm

im with the dude on this one. i grabbed him before last week figuring beating out a gimpy mack couldnt be that hard since he already had one solid game under his belt. so i guess my hunch was right ;-D
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:14 pm

SuperCafone wrote:Darn I grabbed Foster instead of him on waivers, I could have gotten him but he's gone! :-D

I think Domanick Davis and Deshaun Foster have the same value right now.

Domanick, if he takes over is still on a poor team. On the other hand if Foster even if he gets 10 carries would gain a lot of yards.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk