Brett Favre Challenge Commentary/Results - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Brett Favre Challenge Commentary/Results

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brett Favre Challenge Commentary/Results

Postby SniperShot » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Unfortunately not sponsored by:

The Brett Favre Challenge

Please note this thread is subject to change in the next 2 days as more entries are recieved. Want to join in? Check out THIS thread.

Brett Favre Challenge Participants: 56

Crimedogg32 9
moochman 11 (After which Madden will be too overcome with himself and jump out of the booth to get as close as possible to Brett Favre.)
suppasonic 16
WHO DEY 19
NittanyLions 19
The Lung 20
boojumsnark25 21
S27 22
deluxe_247 24
joelamosobadiah 26
skibrett15 27
Redskins Win 27
disgruntledjetsfan 27
KoopaTroopa211 28
Dr. Duran Duran 31
mrblitz 32
My team is injured 32
biju 33
thelimey 34
jayday 35
Lofunzo 35
RocketsDWM 36
FantasyFutballGuru13 36
aaawall91 37
twofoolwho 37
lushmd 37
Yellowbird 37.5*
RCR 38
Dawinner127 39
Leber 40
benb18a 41
logan 42
Atog 42
A Fleshner Fantasy 43
Metroid 43
Cowboys 4 life 44
WickedSmaat 44
77racing 44
Crippler 45
sday4x45 46
Popcynical 47
bmault 48
eman 49
Kilroy1872 50
The_One 51
steelerfan513 53
daullaz 54
Amazing Oopah 56
portisfan24 59
meatwad10 60
cordscords 62
TTTBone 62
beanoX3 76
SwiperNoSwiping 88
Jimboozie 999,999,999.5*
Infidel 1,000,000,000.5* (1 Higher than highest which is currently Jimboozie at 999,999,999.5)

*Half numbers are not being officially counted unless the “tallyier”(me) notices an explicit instance where Madden uses Brett Fa- or a similar situation where he clearly only pronounces half his full name.(I’m confused but I think I got it) Plain "Brett" or "Favre" do not count towards the final tally.

Please post all picks and talk of rules in the leftovers thread. Use this thread for actual commentary and results discussion.

NOTE: If you see your name UNDER another persons who has the same number that means you posted the same number AFTER the other person. Either PM me with a new open number or post in the leftovers thread.

If you want to share the glory and not change your pick PM the first poster of your number and see if it's alright. Then PM me that it's all worked out.

If you do nothing the person who posted first will take ultimate glory but you will still get consolation glory. :-b

The Brett Favre Drinking Challenge

This game is formatted for beer play. If using alternate libation adjust to avoid unfortunate outcomes.

Game begins at Kickoff (or at Pre-Game if playing the "Deluxe Version").

If John Madden:

Says "Brett Favre" -- Take a Drink
Jabbers Unintelligibly for 5+ Seconds -- Take a Drink
Says "BOOM" -- Do a Shot
Says "I Love Brett Favre" -- Chase a Shot with a beer.

If John Madden, Al Michaels, or Andrea Kremer:

Calls Brett Favre a "Gunslinger" -- Take a Drink
Refers to any "Personal Tragedy" of Brett Favre's -- Take a Drink
Refers to Brett Favre as a "Hall of Famer" -- Take a Drink
Refers to Brett Favre's Super Bowl Appearances -- Take a Drink
Refers to Favre's NFL MVP Awards -- Take 3 Drinks (one for each)
Refers to this as "possibly Brett Favre's Last Game" -- Take a Drink
Refers to Mike Holmgren -- all people with moustaches take a drink (you too ladies...you know who you are)
Calls Brett Favre "the Greatest Ever" -- Take a Drink

If Brett Favre:
Throws a pass into double or triple coverage that is Intercepted -- Take a Drink
Throws a pass into double or triple coverage that is not intercepted -- Take 2 Drinks
Throws a Pass that is Intercepted and returned for a Touchdown -- Do a Shot
Leaps into a teammate's arms -- Take a Drink
Picks up a Teammate -- Take a Drink
Kisses a Teammate -- Do a Shot
Kisses John Madden -- Finish the Bottle

Thanks to Kilroy1872 for giving us these official drinking game rules. Pick and choose at your own digression though because by the sounds of it they'll be nothing left by 9pm! :-b :-o ;-D

Happy trails!
Last edited by SniperShot on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 22 times in total.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 pm

you can tell NBC is going all out to hype up this game around Favre... Have you seen that corny 'Heroes'-themed commercial with Favre? :-P
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigDballer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:31 pm

In which Favre will suck it up... throw for 180 yards 0 tds 3 ints.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:32 pm

How is it possible to play that drinking game responsibly? It wouldn't surprise me if someone died trying to play. 8-o
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:30 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:How is it possible to play that drinking game responsibly? It wouldn't surprise me if someone died trying to play. 8-o

Playing responsibly means having the sense to know when to say when, as it's certainly not my intention to advocate alcohol poisoning.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:58 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:How is it possible to play that drinking game responsibly? It wouldn't surprise me if someone died trying to play. 8-o

Playing responsibly means having the sense to know when to say when, as it's certainly not my intention to advocate alcohol poisoning.

I know you weren't advocating alcohol poisoning. I'm just amazed at how many rules you came up with. 8-o ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:07 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

I know you weren't advocating alcohol poisoning. I'm just amazed at how many rules you came up with. 8-o ;-D

Just trying to keep things....interesting, That's all.

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:

Just trying to keep things....interesting, That's all.

:-D

I'm one of the few who has predicted a high number of "Brett Favre" mentions by Madden, and I'm no stranger to a drinking game based on this exact concept. So it may be best to play this game with lite beer and shots of Schnapps or Puckers instead of the usual 80 proof vodka or tequila.

I've done some stupid things with drinking games before, such as chugging cups of tequila instead of shots, using Bacardi 151 instead of something like Bacardi Limon, and beerbonging a 30 pack of Coors Light in 15 minutes in my college days. I'm pretty certain I know for sure where my limits are exactly, LOL.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:49 pm

Ok we are nearing gametime.

There will be 6 segments.

Starting from the first time we see Madden live (Usually around 8:00pm EST) the pregame segment begins. This segment lasts until kickoff which is usually around 8:17pm.

The next 4 segments are 4 quarters of course.

The final segment lasts from the end of the final gun to the end of the broadcast. (Probably won't be very long because NBC will be leading into their New Years Eve listings.)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:25 pm

PREGAME
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting