So who gets #1 pick??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So who gets #1 pick???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:00 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Yea Flutie is short, I rememeber him shedding some light on being a short QB awhile back, and he was specifically mentioning Troy Smith, I can't remember what he said, but maybe someone could find the clip, it was on an ESPN show.

People say this like Flutie was a HOF QB, he spent the bulk of his prime playing for the Toronto Argonauts.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:20 pm

CC wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Yea Flutie is short, I rememeber him shedding some light on being a short QB awhile back, and he was specifically mentioning Troy Smith, I can't remember what he said, but maybe someone could find the clip, it was on an ESPN show.

People say this like Flutie was a HOF QB, he spent the bulk of his prime playing for the Toronto Argonauts.

He was great with the CFL, and remember, the HOF is the PRO FOOTBALL HOF, not the NFL HOF. So, he very well could make it in on the strength of his CFL play, but very highly unlikely. I personally think he should make it in on the drop kick FG alone :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lushmd » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:01 pm

Wow, the Lions might not get it after all...
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:26 pm

Lions win!

Oakland gets the #1 pick - will they draft Brady Quinn?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Humpback » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:22 pm

The Lung wrote:Lions win!

Oakland gets the #1 pick - will they draft Brady Quinn?

They're so inept that they'll probably let their time expire, losing the #1 pick.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:11 pm

Why would they pass on Leinart and then take Quinn?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby daullaz » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:25 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Why would they pass on Leinart and then take Quinn?

The sentiment was that Walter could be the QB of the future, but I think management has seen enough of him after 2006.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:38 am

daullaz wrote:

The sentiment was that Walter could be the QB of the future, but I think management has seen enough of him after 2006.

If the offensive line could give him a full three seconds to throw and keep him off his back, Walter could very well be the QB of the future.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:51 am

Munboy wrote:
CC wrote:

He was great with the CFL, and remember, the HOF is the PRO FOOTBALL HOF, not the NFL HOF. So, he very well could make it in on the strength of his CFL play, but very highly unlikely. I personally think he should make it in on the drop kick FG alone :-b

You're right but you're also wrong. It is the Pro Football HOF, but there isn't ONE player in the HOF that only played in the CFL or that played in both but got in based on what he did in the CFL.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:21 am

The Lung wrote:
daullaz wrote:

If the offensive line could give him a full three seconds to throw and keep him off his back, Walter could very well be the QB of the future.

I agree. They couldn't run the ball, and as a result, they had to pass and got whoever was at quarterback killed almost every play. It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders took a top o-lineman over Quinn. Maybe Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. At least I think he's from Wisconsin.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk