So who gets #1 pick??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So who gets #1 pick???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:36 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
The Lung wrote:
daullaz wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Why would they pass on Leinart and then take Quinn?

The sentiment was that Walter could be the QB of the future, but I think management has seen enough of him after 2006.

If the offensive line could give him a full three seconds to throw and keep him off his back, Walter could very well be the QB of the future.

I agree. They couldn't run the ball, and as a result, they had to pass and got whoever was at quarterback killed almost every play. It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders took a top o-lineman over Quinn. Maybe Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. At least I think he's from Wisconsin.

Judging from the Robert Gallery experience, I doubt they invest so heavily again in another tackle. Instead they'll try solving the problem cosmetically, instead of targeting the source, and draft a QB who will earn sympathy from David Carr.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hookem2003 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:30 pm

I can't believe no one is mentioning Peterson. Just wait til his combine.
hookem2003
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:38 pm

I'm curious who AP would go to, or Lynch for that matter (who just said he was entering the NFL Draft) most teams right now are pretty happy with what they have RB wise, or at least half happy, I can't see AP or Lynch going any were that won't be RBBC.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:06 pm

hookem2003 wrote:I can't believe no one is mentioning Peterson. Just wait til his combine.

When they've got issues at QB, major issues at offensive line, their top WRs are ready to mutiny, and many other player holes to fill, I just can't see them taking Adrian Peterson when Lamont Jordan did just fine before they fired Norv Turner in a knee-jerk reaction.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk