Useless Information - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Useless Information

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Useless Information

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:36 pm

josebach wrote:
Popcynical wrote:
josebach wrote:- Hitler and Napolean both only had one testicle.

I doubt this fact.

I didn't say any of it was fact. I got these out of "The Book of Useless Information" which I got for Christmas. I'm about 50 pages into it and these are the ones I found most interesting (or funny). Here's a link reaffirming this claim:
http://www.8bm.com/epiphanies/120050.htm

I think Attila the Hun was only speculated as being a dwarf. I didn't research it before I posted it. Supposedly, it was mentioned in "The Encyclopedia of Amazing and Fascinating Facts"... however reputable that is.

I know the one about Debra Winger is correct, so maybe they all are. I've just never heard that about Attila.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Useless Information

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:43 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
Popcynical wrote:
josebach wrote:- Hitler and Napolean both only had one testicle.

I doubt this fact.

I didn't say any of it was fact. I got these out of "The Book of Useless Information" which I got for Christmas. I'm about 50 pages into it and these are the ones I found most interesting (or funny). Here's a link reaffirming this claim:
http://www.8bm.com/epiphanies/120050.htm

I think Attila the Hun was only speculated as being a dwarf. I didn't research it before I posted it. Supposedly, it was mentioned in "The Encyclopedia of Amazing and Fascinating Facts"... however reputable that is.

I know the one about Debra Winger is correct, so maybe they all are. I've just never heard that about Attila.

It might very well be wrong. It was also stated in the book that sqirrels couldn't get rabies. I didn't think that was possible so I googled it and sure enough, even though it's extremely rare for squirrels to get rabies, it is possible. Now I'm going to have to google every damn thing in this book to see if it's true or not. :-/
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:57 pm

Attila's (not Atilla) contempories have described him as being small in stature but his exact size is unknown as far as I'm aware.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:02 pm

stomperrob wrote:Attila's (not Atilla) contempories have described him as being small in stature but his exact size is unknown as far as I'm aware.

josebach wrote:I think Attila the Hun was only speculated as being a dwarf. I didn't research it before I posted it. Supposedly, it was mentioned in "The Encyclopedia of Amazing and Fascinating Facts"... however reputable that is.

Gotcha! ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:32 pm

Man jose you could have owned the recently created 'Did you know' thread with your knew book. ;-D

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=319572
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:48 pm

Metroid wrote:Man jose you could have owned the recently created 'Did you know' thread with your knew book. ;-D

You know what? That was an exceptionally nice way of you telling me there was already a similar thread started. ;-D

My bad. A "useless info" thread and a "Did you know?" thread are essentially the same thing, so feel free to lock this one in favor of the other. I'm kind of ticked off at my new book anyway. :*)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:04 pm

josebach wrote:
Metroid wrote:Man jose you could have owned the recently created 'Did you know' thread with your knew book. ;-D

You know what? That was an exceptionally nice way of you telling me there was already a similar thread started. ;-D

My bad. A "useless info" thread and a "Did you know?" thread are essentially the same thing, so feel free to lock this one in favor of the other. I'm kind of ticked off at my new book anyway. :*)

Sorry man I didnt mean for it to sound that way. :-b

Why are you not liking the new book? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:23 pm

josebach wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Sharks can't swim backwards.

Also, if sharks stop swimming they'll die because for their gills to work, they have to have water flowing through them.

Except for Nurse Shraks who live on the bottom of the ocean and can pump the water through there Gills
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deacon » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:54 pm

josebach wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Sharks can't swim backwards.

Also, if sharks stop swimming they'll die because for their gills to work, they have to have water flowing through them.

That's not true for all sharks. Nurse sharks, carpet sharks and other bottom feeding sharks spend most of their time resting on the ocean floor.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:49 pm

stomperrob wrote:Attila's (not Atilla) contempories have described him as being small in stature but his exact size is unknown as far as I'm aware.

He was a midget. I used to push him around in the sixth grade. Loud mouth punk he was. Always trying to cheat on my math tests as well.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk