Useless Information - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Useless Information

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:28 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
josebach wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Sharks can't swim backwards.


Also, if sharks stop swimming they'll die because for their gills to work, they have to have water flowing through them.
and when they sleep?....


They sleep while moving, unless it is a nurse shark or the others mentioned above

I think I read that certain sharks can still eat while sleeping too. Like the whale shark that pretty much spends its entire life swimming around with its mouth open, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:30 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
josebach wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Sharks can't swim backwards.


Also, if sharks stop swimming they'll die because for their gills to work, they have to have water flowing through them.
and when they sleep?....


They sleep while moving, unless it is a nurse shark or the others mentioned above

I think I read that certain sharks can still eat while sleeping too. Like the whale shark that pretty much spends its entire life swimming around with its mouth open, lol.


sounds like a kid i know :-D :-b
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:30 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Attila's (not Atilla) contempories have described him as being small in stature but his exact size is unknown as far as I'm aware.


He was a midget. I used to push him around in the sixth grade. Loud mouth punk he was. Always trying to cheat on my math tests as well.


I think they prefer little people. :-b


Met, Midgets are little people. Duh.


:-b ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Useless Information

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:31 am

josebach wrote:
Popcynical wrote:
josebach wrote:- Hitler and Napolean both only had one testicle.


I doubt this fact.


I didn't say any of it was fact. I got these out of "The Book of Useless Information" which I got for Christmas. I'm about 50 pages into it and these are the ones I found most interesting (or funny). Here's a link reaffirming this claim:
http://www.8bm.com/epiphanies/120050.htm

I think Attila the Hun was only speculated as being a dwarf. I didn't research it before I posted it. Supposedly, it was mentioned in "The Encyclopedia of Amazing and Fascinating Facts"... however reputable that is.


Did Hitler really have only one testicle?
An alleged Soviet autopsy on Hitler's remains made shortly after the war claimed Hitler was monorchic, but most historians dismiss this reference as propaganda. This autopsy was only released around 1970. However, records show that he was wounded in 1916 during the Battle of the Somme, and some sources describe his injury as a wound to the groin. Hitler's World War I company commander has said that a VD exam found that Hitler had only one testicle. Robert G.L. Waite in his book The Psychopathic God: Adolf Hitler (1978) accepts the accuracy of this evidence:

Since the matter is of considerable importance to the psychological development of Hitler from infancy onward, let us pause here and come to grips with the problem of the Fuehrer's testicles. It can now be affirmed that the British Tommies were right all along in the first line of their version of the Colonel Bogey March, they were although manifestly mistaken in the last—that is to say, unless Goebbels' 6 children were the progeny of adoption, paternal surrogacy or some hitherto unconsidered, presumably unpalatable "Gott mit uns" form of divine intervention.
The autopsy performed by the Red Army pathologists on Hitler's body... [produced clear] findings:
The left testicle could not be found either in the scrotum or on the spermatic cord inside the inguinal canal, or in the small pelvis...
There was some discussion of this issue for several weeks in the letters column of the New Statesman, a British magazine in the early 1970s, although all correspondents accepted the Soviet autopsy as valid. One claimed that British intelligence had discovered that Hitler was monorchic and written the song in an attempt to drive him even further round the bend than he was already, with some elaborate theories about how they might have discovered this. Others thought that it was sheer coincidence, and one even claimed that there had been a similar song sung about Napoleon (this may not be true). One pointed out that most English speakers would not pronounce "Goebbels" correctly, they would pronounce it "Goballs", which suggests "no balls" and the rest would follow. (This correspondence came to a conclusion of sorts when one correspondent wrote a letter complaining about the conditions in which alleged illegal immigrants were being detained, adding that this was a more important issue than Hitler's balls.)

Unfortunately, the Soviet autopsy of Hitler cannot be taken as true in most senses. Hitler's death by suicide and the subsequent complete burning of his body would leave little for doctors to analyze--much less be able to focus on such a small body part.

Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:59 pm

deacon wrote:
josebach wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Sharks can't swim backwards.


Also, if sharks stop swimming they'll die because for their gills to work, they have to have water flowing through them.


That's not true for all sharks. Nurse sharks, carpet sharks and other bottom feeding sharks spend most of their time resting on the ocean floor.


carpet shark sounds like a term that should be in that New Jersey thread ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
deacon wrote:
josebach wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Sharks can't swim backwards.


Also, if sharks stop swimming they'll die because for their gills to work, they have to have water flowing through them.


That's not true for all sharks. Nurse sharks, carpet sharks and other bottom feeding sharks spend most of their time resting on the ocean floor.


carpet shark sounds like a term that should be in that New Jersey thread ;-7


Good point. Carpet Sharks have been known to do some munching... :-?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:17 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact