Week 17 GC: Detroit @ Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 17 GC: Detroit @ Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:34 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Congratz Lions, you just blew your #1 pick. :-b

Cowgirls are not looking good. Lions come to your house and win. WOW!!!

Thank you for the keen observation.

No problem :-D .
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: playing super tecmo bowl...Bo and Marcus Allen are you kidding?

Postby maddog60 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:34 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
The Lung wrote:Good god, the Cowboys lost at Texas Stadium to Detroit?!? :-t

If Philly loses then we can look back but we are playing the team we would have even if we had won.

Maybe this will wake us up.

Philly will likely lose. After one series, and finding out the division is in hand, Reid wasted no time starting to bench everyone that matters on offense, only a matter of time before he takes out Lito, Trotter, and Dawkins, etc.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:37 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
The Lung wrote:Good god, the Cowboys lost at Texas Stadium to Detroit?!? :-t

If Philly loses then we can look back but we are playing the team we would have even if we had won.

Maybe this will wake us up.

Philly will likely lose. After one series, and finding out the division is in hand, Reid wasted no time starting to bench everyone that matters on offense, only a matter of time before he takes out Lito, Trotter, and Dawkins, etc.

That just made Westy a fantasy bust for me.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:07 am

Best part of the entire game was when Furrey scored and threw the football at the star, knocking it off the wall. I LOVED that! Then the closeup of the big crack in the star after they hung it back up. Classic! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:59 am

Berge20 wrote:Yes

Sadly that win blew the #1 pick and probably gave Millen some undeserved extra life.

That's classic Lions logic. We win the last game, out first win over a string of teams that played putrid ball.

12-03: Pats play a terrible game, but Lions make just enough mistakes to lose 28-21
12-10:Vikings play awful, but Lions turn more Kitna turnovers into a loss 30-20
12-17: Packers play a pathetic game, Lions return favor and fail to score a TD 17-9
12-24: Bears play like Cubs, Lions like pre-Hobbs Knights. Suck more and lose 26-21
12-31: Clock hits micnight and the Cowgirls turn into the pumkins that all so many playoff team seem to be this year. They do the unthinkable and lose to the Lions.
Romo looks like an undrafted FA QB. The Cowboys might want to think about making a lot of changes next season if they think they can win a very weak NFC.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:26 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Best part of the entire game was when Furrey scored and threw the football at the star, knocking it off the wall. I LOVED that! Then the closeup of the big crack in the star after they hung it back up. Classic! ;-D

The funny part is that star costs $100,000 and his salary is only $500,000.

Hope you are good at saving money Mike.

Just kidding
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:38 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Best part of the entire game was when Furrey scored and threw the football at the star, knocking it off the wall. I LOVED that! Then the closeup of the big crack in the star after they hung it back up. Classic! ;-D

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Thanks Lions, for giving my Eagles and early NewYears Present. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:52 pm

mrblitz wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Thanks Lions, for giving my Eagles and early NewYears Present. ;-D

If you saw the first few plays of the game you'd be thanking the refs. We had an int for a td called back for hitting the reciever who was trying to catch the ball. Had he caught it it would have been a clean play but since he only tipped it he was defensless. New rule I guess.

But we will see you in a few weeks. Good luck.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:28 pm

It's always the refs....
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:47 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:It's always the refs....

Well said. You must be thinking about your AFC Championship victory over the Raiders while writing that.

If it was sarcasm then you obviously missed the game. At least it didn't cost us the playoffs.
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboys 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting