Minaukalaile Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Minaukalaile Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:27 am

Free Bagel wrote:How often do you see teams fumble a pitch? If anything I see more fumbles on bad exchanges on a handoff than I do on pitches.

Rarely. Kind of funny given a pitch should be tougher than putting the ball into someones hands.

If Navy was doing that all game and is a option team then you have to stick with what is working. Looking at the stats suggests it was working all game. 1 mistake cost em them the game. Most college teams have trouble with the option.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:44 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:How often do you see teams fumble a pitch? If anything I see more fumbles on bad exchanges on a handoff than I do on pitches.

Rarely. Kind of funny given a pitch should be tougher than putting the ball into someones hands.

If Navy was doing that all game and is a option team then you have to stick with what is working. Looking at the stats suggests it was working all game. 1 mistake cost em them the game. Most college teams have trouble with the option.

The point was there was 1:25 left in the game. 3rd and 5 on midfield and BC had no timeouts. Why chance a pitch for a 1st down.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:32 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

The point was there was 1:25 left in the game. 3rd and 5 on midfield and BC had no timeouts. Why chance a pitch for a 1st down.

Just like in the USC/Houston game the other night when Spurrier went for it on fourth and one, or in last year's rose bowl when USC went for it on fourth and one. Because if you convert the game is over. You have to balance what you want to try to achieve. In Navy's shoes, would you rather have to play defense and not allow a FG or would you rather try to pickup 5 yards on the play that has been working for you all game/season? It's the same question that came up last year in the Rose Bowl. Would you rather run Lendale White up the middle and try to get one yard or would you rather punt and put your defense back on the field and try to stop Vince Young? You have a chance to put the game away with a first down... I say take that chance. But that's why we pay coaches the big bucks... to make those decisions.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:05 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

And my point is that why is a handoff any safer than a pitch? You see fumbled handoffs all...the...time, I can't remember the last time I saw a guy just drop a pitch like that.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:54 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

And my point is that why is a handoff any safer than a pitch? You see fumbled handoffs all...the...time, I can't remember the last time I saw a guy just drop a pitch like that.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, thats why different caoches call different plays. ;-) ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:10 am

That was such a kick in the nutsack. :-P
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to College Football