WHY NOT LAST WEEK TIKI??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WHY NOT LAST WEEK TIKI???

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHY NOT LAST WEEK TIKI???

Postby BMadd » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 pm

I lost my championship game last week after an underperforming Tiki (among others) let me down in the finals. Now he has a career game in a meaningless week 17 game. I know it's his last reg season game, but I thought he would blow up like this in his final home game last week. I like the guy too much to bust on him, but DAMN TIKI! You're killing me!
BMADD
BMadd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Not meaningless for me. My league has a wk 17 game for $80. Top score wins. This gives the losing teams something to play for.

Tiki = 66.85
Betts = 30

Thank you Tiki. Its about freakin time.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:06 am

Week 17 Championships FTW.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:30 am

Wow, I wish he did this a week earlier...why oh why not one week eralier.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Crippler » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:25 am

Well damn. Thanks Tiki, you finally justified my trade...1 week late.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:45 am

considering the quality of the Redskins defense, Tiki should be able to do his thing without much difficulty. B-)

Last week's matchup against the Eagles was tough definitely.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:10 am

madaslives911 wrote:considering the quality of the Redskins defense, Tiki should be able to do his thing without much difficulty. B-)

Last week's matchup against the Eagles was tough definitely.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm regarding his match-up vs. Philly?

It was surprising to me that he didn't perform very well against the Eagles in week 16. In previous games, the Eagles had shown that they couldn't stop the run. With Tiki's obvious talent, I expected him to have a great day on the ground, but instead, he turned in a mediocre performance.

Regardless, I would like to say congratulations to all Tiki owners who had week 17 games. Whether you drafted him because you had faith in him, or because he was all that was left, you deserve a pat on the back.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:16 am

Karoz wrote:Whether you drafted him because you had faith in him, or because he was all that was left, you deserve a pat on the back.

"All that was left?" I'm pretty sure he was the consensus #4 pick in this year's draft.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:18 am

KoopaTroopa211 wrote:
Karoz wrote:Whether you drafted him because you had faith in him, or because he was all that was left, you deserve a pat on the back.

"All that was left?" I'm pretty sure he was the consensus #4 pick in this year's draft.

Yup. I got him 5th.

Got knocked out of the playoffs and into the toilet bowl. Lost in the toilet bowl by .05. Now it looks like I have a great chance at the $80 my league offers in wk 17 for top score.

Thanks Tiki.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby treat24 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:23 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:

Yup. I got him 5th.

Got knocked out of the playoffs and into the toilet bowl. Lost in the toilet bowl by .05. Now it looks like I have a great chance at the $80 my league offers in wk 17 for top score.

Thanks Tiki.

went at the top of the 2nd round in ours... BJ steals TDs and we are a 50/50 league (1 pt per 10, 6 pt td)...

consensus #4 my tailpipe
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting