Online poker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Online poker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:53 pm

As far as losing goes, you keep going b/c you believe you will have better luck and make it back. I do it all the time. I do it with sports, Craps, poker, Blackjack, eventually it all works out
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Online poker

Postby BriefThief » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yeah I figured, I'm just trying not to make enemies here.


Well, that doesn't make sense at all. That's exactly why I'm here. :-b !+) ;-)

Pleasure to meet you.
All I want for Christmas is 5 minutes free of idiots.
BriefThief
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 11
Joined: 2 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: in the game

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:02 pm

online poker....i never really understood it. How is it poker if you cant see the guy across from you? :-? Not my cup of tea.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:08 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:As far as losing goes, you keep going b/c you believe you will have better luck and make it back. I do it all the time.


That's how I lost $2k in a day a couple years ago. You remember those things, like rounders, you don't remember the big pots you win, just the ones you lose. And Fleshner, if you're sitting with $1500 in your account, and you lose $300 on ONE pot, you don't think to yourself, I'm done for the day, you want to get your money back because you think to yourself, if you were good enough to win the $1500 on the same table, how hard is it to win just $300 back? The answer is really hard... !+)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:05 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:online poker....i never really understood it. How is it poker if you cant see the guy across from you? :-? Not my cup of tea.


Exactly. Give me a dark smoky room with a bunch of guys who know my game, and I theirs, anyday. That's when it gets interesting. And it's definitely not about gambling. We go anywhere from $5 to $20 buy-ins so we're not exactly high stakes. It's more bragging rights than anything, with a little extra dough for icing.

BriefThief wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yeah I figured, I'm just trying not to make enemies here.


Well, that doesn't make sense at all. That's exactly why I'm here. :-b !+) ;-)

Pleasure to meet you.


You offend me. Put em up. }:-) !+) ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:online poker....i never really understood it. How is it poker if you cant see the guy across from you? :-? Not my cup of tea.


Exactly. Give me a dark smoky room with a bunch of guys who know my game, and I theirs, anyday. That's when it gets interesting. And it's definitely not about gambling. We go anywhere from $5 to $20 buy-ins so we're not exactly high stakes. It's more bragging rights than anything, with a little extra dough for icing.

BriefThief wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yeah I figured, I'm just trying not to make enemies here.


Well, that doesn't make sense at all. That's exactly why I'm here. :-b !+) ;-)

Pleasure to meet you.


You offend me. Put em up. }:-) !+) ;-)


All right, lets go.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:28 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:online poker....i never really understood it. How is it poker if you cant see the guy across from you? :-? Not my cup of tea.


Exactly. Give me a dark smoky room with a bunch of guys who know my game, and I theirs, anyday. That's when it gets interesting. And it's definitely not about gambling. We go anywhere from $5 to $20 buy-ins so we're not exactly high stakes. It's more bragging rights than anything, with a little extra dough for icing.

BriefThief wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yeah I figured, I'm just trying not to make enemies here.


Well, that doesn't make sense at all. That's exactly why I'm here. :-b !+) ;-)

Pleasure to meet you.


You offend me. Put em up. }:-) !+) ;-)


All right, lets go.


Ah, as I recall, we beat you up last year. Remember the Alamo? }:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:29 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:online poker....i never really understood it. How is it poker if you cant see the guy across from you? :-? Not my cup of tea.


Exactly. Give me a dark smoky room with a bunch of guys who know my game, and I theirs, anyday. That's when it gets interesting. And it's definitely not about gambling. We go anywhere from $5 to $20 buy-ins so we're not exactly high stakes. It's more bragging rights than anything, with a little extra dough for icing.

BriefThief wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yeah I figured, I'm just trying not to make enemies here.


Well, that doesn't make sense at all. That's exactly why I'm here. :-b !+) ;-)

Pleasure to meet you.


You offend me. Put em up. }:-) !+) ;-)


All right, lets go.


Ah, as I recall, we beat you up last year. Remember the Alamo? }:-)


I'm just gonna warn you that that was a very, very bad idea Omaha. 8-o :-o ;-) :-o
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:30 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:online poker....i never really understood it. How is it poker if you cant see the guy across from you? :-? Not my cup of tea.


Exactly. Give me a dark smoky room with a bunch of guys who know my game, and I theirs, anyday. That's when it gets interesting. And it's definitely not about gambling. We go anywhere from $5 to $20 buy-ins so we're not exactly high stakes. It's more bragging rights than anything, with a little extra dough for icing.

BriefThief wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yeah I figured, I'm just trying not to make enemies here.


Well, that doesn't make sense at all. That's exactly why I'm here. :-b !+) ;-)

Pleasure to meet you.


You offend me. Put em up. }:-) !+) ;-)


All right, lets go.


Ah, as I recall, we beat you up last year. Remember the Alamo? }:-)


I'm just gonna warn you that that was a very, very bad idea Omaha. 8-o :-o ;-) :-o


I like bad ideas. }:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:43 pm

I just made a little over $300 on one hand of pot Limit Omaha. :-)

I thought it was a $2 $4 limit game, turned out to be pot limit omaha and holdem round by round with $2 and $4 blinds.

Anyways, first hand I'm dealt JJ82 with J8 of clubs and I post in the big blind. There were only three other guys playing at the table and this aggressive dude I have notes on was sitting on my right. Flop is 4 clubs 7 clubs J diamonds! The guy on my right bets pot, I raise pot. The other two guys fold, then he re-raises the pot and I go all-in with the nuts and a flush draw. Turns out, he didn't even have a flush draw so I was golden. He had bottom two pair on the flop along with an double belly-buster straight draw. Needless to say, the turn and river were blanks and my hand held up. I left the table two hands later cause I didn't really want to play pot limit.

If only poker was always that easy! :-° :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:35 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact