Iowa-- - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Iowa--

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:35 pm

All I can say is that I saw Iowa get up 14-0 in the first half of the first qrt and score a whopping ten points in the other 7/8 of the game. Not saying they were dominated, but 26-10 the rest of the way doesnt lead me to believe they lost due to officiating.[/b]
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby niblet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:24 pm

I am not saying they lost because of officiating. I am saying they didn't get a chance to win because of officiating.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby niblet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:28 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Instead it just highlighted ticky tack PI or holding calls that go against both teams every game.

Exactly. I watched about 2 minutes of it until Mr Hankey paying a visit caught my attention.

There were no PI or holding calls in the video LOL. But your exactly right, every game calls offsides when there wasn't any, or calls facemask on the guy when he was the one being yanked by the facemask of another player.

You only watched 2 mins??? That screams impatience. If you want to skip to the most contraversial play go to about the middle. You didn't waste "x" minutes of your life watching this... How many minutes have you wasted in this forum?
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:35 pm

niblet wrote:I am not saying they lost because of officiating. I am saying they didn't get a chance to win because of officiating.

Same thing basically. My point was that if a team is up 14 in the first eight of the game, they shouldnt have had to rely on getting a call late in the game just to have a desperation chance at victory.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:56 pm

niblet wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Instead it just highlighted ticky tack PI or holding calls that go against both teams every game.

Exactly. I watched about 2 minutes of it until Mr Hankey paying a visit caught my attention.

There were no PI or holding calls in the video LOL. But your exactly right, every game calls offsides when there wasn't any, or calls facemask on the guy when he was the one being yanked by the facemask of another player.

You only watched 2 mins??? That screams impatience. If you want to skip to the most contraversial play go to about the middle. You didn't waste "x" minutes of your life watching this... How many minutes have you wasted in this forum?

The burden of proof is on the accuser. To expect people to sit through an 8 minute video that starts with highlights of a game in 2005 and figure out the situation of each of those plays and pick out the parts you were talking about in one sentence of your post is beyond ridiculous. No one is going to do that.

If you want to make your point put up a video of the onside kick as that was the big obvious one right at the end rather than expecting them to sort to the middle of an 8 minute video and find it themselves when most of the people reading the post don't really care about an Iowa/Florida game a year ago anyway.

The roughing the passer probably wasn't helmet to helmet but he hit him after he slid anyway so they could've called whichever of the two they wanted.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby niblet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:57 pm

That sounds very illogical. Let's just make bad calls on a team because they shouldn't need good officiating to win. What does being up by 14 have anything to do with the officiating?
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby niblet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:00 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
niblet wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

The burden of proof is on the accuser. To expect people to sit through an 8 minute video that starts with highlights of a game in 2005 and figure out the situation of each of those plays and pick out the parts you were talking about in one sentence of your post is beyond ridiculous. No one is going to do that.

It doesn't start with highlights, it starts with the officiating errors.
Good call ;-D
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:16 pm

Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it. As a Hawks fan Im very familiar with people blaming refs for a loss, and personally I think its rediculous to say a skinny old man in a striped shirt caused a football team to not score as many points as the opposing team. Blaming the officiating is basically a last resort fans lean upon when they recognize that they got beat.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

As big of a Hawkeye Fan as You'll Ever Find But . . .

Postby Axl's Army » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:04 pm

You've got to come back to reality a little bit man. Get over it! You're haggling about calls from a Bowl Game that is literally a year ago today.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Every team gets hurt by calls at one point or another, and it generally all evens out in the end. And this isn't a complaint because I am sure many calls have gone Michigan's way as well, but look at last year's Alamo bowl...that was way worse than what you are complaining about.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football