Broncos CB Darrent Williams Shot and Killed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Broncos CB Darrent Williams Shot and Killed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bravos of Steel » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Munboy wrote:NFLN reported that he died in Javon Walker's lap after an altercation at a night club where they were celebrating the new year. :,-(

Dear God, that is so awful. I really honestly just don't know what to say. I'm getting chills, because stuff like this is just...I don't know, awful. Prayers to Javon that he recovers decently over this and moves on, and obviously, prayers, condolences, and love toward Darrent Williams and the Williams family. Not a good way to start the new year.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Richie Rich » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:26 pm

Very sad...Thoughts and prayers with his family in this time of need.
QB: Sanchez
RB: CJ, LT
WR: White, Jennings,
TE: Shockey
W/R:
K: Rackers
Defense: NO
BN: Marshall, Ward, Bess, VJax, Lynch, Favre

12 Team H2H Yahoo! PPR League
Richie Rich
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby D3C4K » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:03 am

Another update:

Full report at ESPN.com

An excerpt:

Williams' agent, Jeff Griffin, told The Denver Post that his client was shot in the neck.

Another man and a woman who were shot were not identified. They were taken to St. Anthony Central Hospital.

The Rocky Mountain News reported that the woman was a 21-year-old University of Colorado student who told her father that she and a friend accepted a ride in the limo to their car.

The woman told the newspaper that Williams was riding in the back of the limo and she was seated in the left corner of the vehicle. After a few blocks in the limo, the student told the newspaper she thought someone had thrown a rock through the window. Then one of the passengers shouted that there were gunshots and many of the passengers dived for the floor.

The newspaper reported that the woman has a bullet lodged in her head and doctors are still considering whether or not to remove it.

:-/
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:18 am

I'm not sure if it's been covered, but this from the Denver news I"m watching as I post:

Williams was shot, instantly killed and then fell in to Javon Walkers lap.

Williams' party was in a confrontation with another group in the club they had just left. The police will not confirm or deny a connection between this and the shooting.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:42 am

WILLIAMS DIED IN JAVON WALKER'S LAP

A league source tells us that the current talk in team circles is that Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams expired in the lap of receiver Javon Walker after being shot early Monday morning in a limousine.

Williams, we're told, expired instantly. Also in the limousine were linebacker D.J. Williams and receiver Brandon Marshall. Two others who were riding in the vehicle with the Broncos players were shot, but Walker, D.J. Williams, and Marshall were not injured.

Initially, it was feared that Walker also had been shot, but it was determined that the blood on his clothing was from Williams. (We really couldn't think of a more delicate way to report that specific fact, and we continue to feel nauseous about the entire ordeal. We've heard good things about Darrent Williams from members of the media, and our thoughts are with his family.)

We're told that local police have strong leads as to the suspects, and that arrests are expected to come sooner rather than later. Apparently, the bullets were fired by a group of men with whom the Broncos players had squabbled at a New Year's Eve party hosted by one or more members of the Denver Nuggets
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:20 pm

Wow, when I woke up and saw this my heart sank. Hate to see this, some people are just horrible :-t

RIP :,-(

And let's hope the others can climb back from this experience
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:33 pm

keep his family and friends in your prayers, they are in mine. my condolences to the family, friends and organization, I can't imagine what the players are going through right now, especially the 3 that were in the car, and even more especially javon walker, keep him in your prayers also, because there can be very few things in this world more traumatizing than to have a very close friend/family member die in your arms. :,-(
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Absolutely disgusting. Why do people have to resort to such extreme measures over words? I wish these guys would be more selective where they hang out, as it seems the clubs themselves are often shady to begin with. I don't know that this was the case in this instance, but it wouldn't surprise me, much like the Ice Bar in the incident with Tank. RIP to an excellent athlete, and love and prayers to his friends and family.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:43 pm

I still can't quite grasp this news. It's like I'm still waiting for the punchline of some twisted joke to fall or something. Pretty crazy that Darrent died in Javon Walker's arms too. Javon looked like a mess, walking into the Broncos facilities in bloodstained clothes.

This whole thing is just senseless. !+)
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:16 pm

Let's remember that this story gets the headlines, but there are many more, just like this, that are many words fewer and on a page near the back. Hopefully Williams' murder can have a positive effect, an awareness, on this neighborhood.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk