Broncos CB Darrent Williams Shot and Killed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Broncos CB Darrent Williams Shot and Killed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:24 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Let's remember that this story gets the headlines, but there are many more, just like this, that are many words fewer and on a page near the back. Hopefully Williams' murder can have a positive effect, an awareness, on this neighborhood.

If I understand you correctly, this is the point I was going to bring up also. There are so many people that nobody has heard of that are dying just like Williams. The fact that these other people aren't professional athletes does not mean they don't bleed blood, and it certainly does not mean there are not many people mourning their deaths. Like Omaha said, I really hope this can ultimatly have a positive effect on the community, and lower street violence as a whole.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 am

deerayfan072 wrote:WILLIAMS DIED IN JAVON WALKER'S LAP

A league source tells us that the current talk in team circles is that Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams expired in the lap of receiver Javon Walker after being shot early Monday morning in a limousine.

Williams, we're told, expired instantly. Also in the limousine were linebacker D.J. Williams and receiver Brandon Marshall. Two others who were riding in the vehicle with the Broncos players were shot, but Walker, D.J. Williams, and Marshall were not injured.

Initially, it was feared that Walker also had been shot, but it was determined that the blood on his clothing was from Williams. (We really couldn't think of a more delicate way to report that specific fact, and we continue to feel nauseous about the entire ordeal. We've heard good things about Darrent Williams from members of the media, and our thoughts are with his family.)

We're told that local police have strong leads as to the suspects, and that arrests are expected to come sooner rather than later. Apparently, the bullets were fired by a group of men with whom the Broncos players had squabbled at a New Year's Eve party hosted by one or more members of the Denver Nuggets

Not trying to start anything or deter away from the senseless death, but who wrote this? "expired"? He was a human being, not a carton of milk. :-?

Anyways, yeah its horrible. I can't even imagine what Jevon is going though. To be out with friends celebrating the new year then have one of the killed right in front of you and you still be alive. horrible.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:11 am

Munboy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:WILLIAMS DIED IN JAVON WALKER'S LAP

A league source tells us that the current talk in team circles is that Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams expired in the lap of receiver Javon Walker after being shot early Monday morning in a limousine.

Williams, we're told, expired instantly. Also in the limousine were linebacker D.J. Williams and receiver Brandon Marshall. Two others who were riding in the vehicle with the Broncos players were shot, but Walker, D.J. Williams, and Marshall were not injured.

Initially, it was feared that Walker also had been shot, but it was determined that the blood on his clothing was from Williams. (We really couldn't think of a more delicate way to report that specific fact, and we continue to feel nauseous about the entire ordeal. We've heard good things about Darrent Williams from members of the media, and our thoughts are with his family.)

We're told that local police have strong leads as to the suspects, and that arrests are expected to come sooner rather than later. Apparently, the bullets were fired by a group of men with whom the Broncos players had squabbled at a New Year's Eve party hosted by one or more members of the Denver Nuggets

Not trying to start anything or deter away from the senseless death, but who wrote this? "expired"? He was a human being, not a carton of milk. :-?

Anyways, yeah its horrible. I can't even imagine what Jevon is going though. To be out with friends celebrating the new year then have one of the killed right in front of you and you still be alive. horrible.

I've seen the word 'carcass' referred to humans before. It's disrespectful. I agree that the word 'expired' is of poor taste.

I have had 2 friends die in my arms. You cannot imagine the effect it has on you unless you're unfortunate enough to experience it. I was a wreck for quite a while and I would imagine Javon will be as well. It's hell. You feel like you should have done something different, if you would have done something different, could have done something different. You question your contribution to this person's life and try, hopelessly, to make it up to their family. It's a desperate situation. I can't explain it. I pray for Javon and the other people in the limo with him. He will not be able to overcome this on his own. I wasn't able to.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Here is an update I posted on the awesome side.

Suspect vehicle identified
By Kirk Mitchell and Felisa Cardona
Denver Post Staff Writers
Article Last Updated: 01/03/2007 10:36:29 AM MST

Denver police sources confirmed an all-points bulletin was issued for a white 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe registered to Brian Hicks in connection with the Darrent Williams homicide.

Hicks, 27, is currently in jail on charges of trying to shoot and kill two women.

One of the women he is suspected of shooting, Lonnie Clark, was recently shot to death in her Cherry Creek apartment just before she was set to testify against Hicks.

Early New Year's Day, a white SUV pulled up beside the stretch Hummer limousine occupied by Williams and teammate Javon Walker and peppered the luxury vehicle with numerous shots.

In several dispatch transmissions this morning, police were being urged to use caution as they approached anyone in the Tahoe, to hold any persons found in the SUV and to call Lt. Jon Priest, Denver police homicide supervisor.

Williams was gunned down after leaving the Shelter, a nightclub at 1037 Broadway, with a large group of friends.

"We're progressing with the case," said Sonny Jackson, Denver police spokesman. "We're getting tips all the time."

Police are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to the capture of any suspect in the case.

Two other people in the Hummer, Nicole Reindl, 21, who was shot in the head, and Brandon Flowers, who was treated and released Monday, were also injured during the shooting.

Unfortuantely there are rumors that DW was hanging out with gang members which I hope isn't true.

Rev. Leon Kelly, who helps Denver teens avoid or escape gangs, said he heard that on Monday morning at the club that Williams was with members of one street gang and that they had a conflict with members of a rival gang, to which Hicks belongs.
acsguitar
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk