Who was the best ROOKIE this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who was the best ROOKIE this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who was the best ROOKIE this year?

Postby footballfan30107 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:46 am

Lots of names jump out..colston, addai, MJD, Bush, Young among others..who in your opinion was the best rookie out there? I had colston (ww addition), addai (6th round pick), MJD (ww addition) and Young (ww addition)..

I would have to say MJD..Bush was the 2nd best rookie on his team but MJD singlehandedly kept JAX in the race IMHO..
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who was the best ROOKIE this year?

Postby Munboy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:51 am

footballfan30107 wrote:Lots of names jump out..colston, addai, MJD, Bush, Young among others..who in your opinion was the best rookie out there? I had colston (ww addition), addai (6th round pick), MJD (ww addition) and Young (ww addition)..

I would have to say MJD..Bush was the 2nd best rookie on his team but MJD singlehandedly kept JAX in the race IMHO..

Agreed.
MJD for Offensive rookie.
DeMeco Ryans for defensive rookie.
LT for MVP.
Aaron Kampman for defensive MVP.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sox 06 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:01 pm

C'Mon, Mario Williams :-b
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Munboy wrote:
footballfan30107 wrote:Lots of names jump out..colston, addai, MJD, Bush, Young among others..who in your opinion was the best rookie out there? I had colston (ww addition), addai (6th round pick), MJD (ww addition) and Young (ww addition)..

Agreed.

I agree also. If Colston has not missed any time and continued his hot streak, I would inch him above MJD, but agree MJD's performance down the stretch really out did most of the others. Although, I could hear a case for Vince Young, but again, I think he needed to play an entire season to get crowned, ROY.

I believe Brees deserves the MVP award for this year. Not taking anything away from the outstanding season LT had, I just believe the Saints would not be where they are right now without Brees at the helm.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Crippler » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:42 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Munboy wrote:

Agreed.

I agree also. If Colston has not missed any time and continued his hot streak, I would inch him above MJD, but agree MJD's performance down the stretch really out did most of the others. Although, I could hear a case for Vince Young, but again, I think he needed to play an entire season to get crowned, ROY.

I believe Brees deserves the MVP award for this year. Not taking anything away from the outstanding season LT had, I just believe the Saints would not be where they are right now without Brees at the helm.

Well Brees did have an awesome year, but he wasnt the sole reason why NO made it. The pass D, Reggie Bush, and a lot of receivers stepped up. When Brees had the great year with the chargers, Phillip Rivers stepped in the next season and had a very solid year in his place. I think that NO would have a similar record with another fairly solid QB at the helm...maybe another loss or 2.

I think LT meant more to his team than Brees, though they are almost neck and neck in my mind.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:20 pm

MJD: 941 rush yds, 436 rec yds, 16 total TD in 16 games
Bush: 565 rush yds, 742 rec yds, 9 total TD in 16 games
Maroney: 745 rush yds, 194 rec yds, 7 Total TD in 14 games
Colston: 1038 rec yds, 8 TD in 14 games
Young: 184-357 2200 pass yds, 552 rush yds, 19 total TD, 13 int in 13 starts
Cutler: 81-137 1001yds 9 TD, 5 int in 5 games
McNeil: 0 sacks allowed, 0 holding penalties in 16 games at LT

Lots of good candidates this year, but I've gotta think MJD walks awaywith it.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:25 pm

It's tough but I have to go with MJD.

MJD really started to turn it on in the latter half of the season at just the moment Colston began to cool off. His great games were a notch above of Colstons great games as well.

Plus Colston was a starter and MJD was a backup and STILL did awesome. Just think of when Fragile Freddie is out of the picture what MJD might do...
:-o
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby footballfan30107 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:41 pm

it's exactly why in my keeper league I'm keeping addai/MJD/Palmer and either Jacobs or Colston (haven't decided and have until august to do so)..

MJD, if the full time starter, will be a freakin monster (but I WILL handcuff greg jones just in case)

SniperShot wrote:It's tough but I have to go with MJD.

MJD really started to turn it on in the latter half of the season at just the moment Colston began to cool off. His great games were a notch above of Colstons great games as well.

Plus Colston was a starter and MJD was a backup and STILL did awesome. Just think of when Fragile Freddie is out of the picture what MJD might do...
:-o
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eman » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:07 pm

MJD is by far and away the best Rookie this year, and I hope he gets the ROTY award because he deserves it.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:35 pm

MJD, should get the vote. But he won't because he's not as marketable as Reggie Bush is. Had Colston not missed time, he would also be in the running. But I guarantee you they give it to Bush. It's all about money. :-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk