Who was the best ROOKIE this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who was the best ROOKIE this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:39 pm

If he hadn't been injured, I would say Colston, however he was, so I will go with MJD on this one... u didn't mention Maroney though, who didn't have too bad a year either.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:55 pm

MJD.

I grabbed him with the last pick in our draft and my buddy said, "Who is he?", after a put a beating on him later in the season he knew exactly who he was. :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Maroney not even in the discussion?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:15 pm

nor Leinart?

12 games, 74 QB rating, 2547 yards, 11 TD, 12 INT, (also 2 rush TD's)

I'm not saying he DESERVES it, but he should at least be considered.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Humpback » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:24 pm

All of these guys should get consideration, but MJD outperformed them all. He blew Maroney away in basically every statistical category this season. Throw in the fact that MJD is a top 5 kick returner, it should be a shoe-in for him, but you never know.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Marcus McNeill, hands down. In fantasy, sure MJD is the likely front0runner, but in the NFL McNeill has anchored the left tackle position for the league's top team. Losing a left tackle can cripple a team, and for the Chargers, losing their's and having to start a rookie if anything increased both their rush and pass blocking. McNeill will never get the award he truly deserves, but no rookie has had a bigger impact on his team this year, save maybe Young.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:33 pm

I like Vince Young for ROY. I know MJD and Colston and Bush all put up great numbers for us fantasy footballers but what Vince did with the Titans was amazing. He carried that team on his back throughout the season. Without Vince i could easily see the that team winning less than 3 games.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:12 pm

maddog60 wrote:Marcus McNeill, hands down. In fantasy, sure MJD is the likely front0runner, but in the NFL McNeill has anchored the left tackle position for the league's top team. Losing a left tackle can cripple a team, and for the Chargers, losing their's and having to start a rookie if anything increased both their rush and pass blocking. McNeill will never get the award he truly deserves, but no rookie has had a bigger impact on his team this year, save maybe Young.

Great call. Mcneil went 15 weeks without giving up a sack or getting a holding call, and I believe something like 22 of LT's TDs came off the left side. I knew I was forgetting someone (although I also forgot Maroney so it was actually two guys, heh).

I was very big on McNeil headed into the draft so I'm not sure how I forgot him, just a slip of the brain. Even took him in the cafe mock.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jayday » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:16 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I like Vince Young for ROY. I know MJD and Colston and Bush all put up great numbers for us fantasy footballers but what Vince did with the Titans was amazing. He carried that team on his back throughout the season. Without Vince i could easily see the that team winning less than 3 games.

Preach it...QB is much harder to transition to than RB...Many thought Vince would never project as an NFL starter, let alone in his rookie year...But he went 8-5 as a starter and nearly took a team with bottom 5 talent to the playoffs....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Crippler » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:22 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I like Vince Young for ROY. I know MJD and Colston and Bush all put up great numbers for us fantasy footballers but what Vince did with the Titans was amazing. He carried that team on his back throughout the season. Without Vince i could easily see the that team winning less than 3 games.

I would agree with you had they made the playoffs. He did great things in Tenn, but he still just led a non-playoff team to not making the playoffs.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)