Darrent Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Darrent Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Darrent Williams

Postby niblet » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:36 pm

Darrent Williams- Broncos' cornerback
Williams was shot and killed during a drive-by shooting at the age of 24, just a few hours after 2006 came to a close and 2007 came into view, while riding in a white, 23 passenger H2 Hummer limousine in downtown Denver, at approximately 2 a.m. (09:00 UTC) on January 1, 2007, less than 12 hours after the Broncos had played their final game of the 2006 season against the San Francisco 49ers. He was pronounced dead around 3 a.m. Two companions, one male and one female, were also shot, when another vehicle pulled beside it and opened fire near 7th and Speer in downtown Denver. The two companions received non-life threatening injuries. It is reported that Williams received a fatal gun shot wound to the neck. The Denver police are searching for unidentified suspects. No motives have yet been compiled. Two team sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that wide receiver Javon Walker was one of the passengers. It was unclear how many people were in the limo.
Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said there was a dispute at a nightclub several blocks from the shooting where Williams and his group had attended a New Year's Eve party. He said the argument didn't specifically involve Williams, according to witnesses.
"Why this happened, we're not sure," Jackson said. "There was some confrontation between a group of people in the vehicle and a group at the nightclub."
Police were searching for a white Suburban or Tahoe they suspect was involved in the shooting. Jackson wouldn't identify any of the other passengers nor would he confirm whether any other Broncos players were in the vehicle at the time of the shooting, saying they were all witnesses.

EDIT: I see there is alredy a post about this in a different forum. I assumed this would be the place to put it, and I didn't see anything about it here, so I went ahead and posted it. Sorry.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=320162
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Very sad, RIP. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:51 pm

There is a threadabout this in General Talk.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk