Fiesta Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Fiesta Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:10 am

knapplc wrote:Kind of makes you believe in conspiracies, doesn't it? Like maybe the game was rigged and the guy who posted that was in on it.

Think about it. 8-o

Yikes!

Vader did it to stay in first in the college mania group.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:12 am

knapplc wrote:Kind of makes you believe in conspiracies, doesn't it? Like maybe the game was rigged and the guy who posted that was in on it.

Think about it. 8-o

I think you're right! Wikipedia already has a page on the Jets winning SB XLI!! ;-7 :-b ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Mugrila » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:12 am

Wow, that was easily one of the best games I've ever seen. Just wow. 8-o
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:12 am

Just in case there is any misinterpretation in regards to the wiki article:

This page was last modified 06:08 (gmt), 2 January 2007.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:13 am

That was THE best college football game I'VE ever seen. I don't know about you but that one had me jumping out of my seat every other play was a DO or DIE on both teams and they both GOT IT DONE.

Man that was awesome.... Pure football glory at it's best doods. College needs a playoff. Sure you bowl lovers can argue this was a great game which is why Bowls are great. But can you imagine Bosie State playing Ohio State next week or something? Man there would be no limit to the amount of hype and build up to the game. Red hot Bosie State trying to knock off the number one... That would keep me watching for sure!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:29 am

Well, after that game I decided to read the entire thread. Now, after all that excitement I'm sure no one is gonna want to take a step back and recap, but I've got some points anyway.
1) Congrats to FB for making some great points regarding the trick plays and BSU's conference schedule etc. It's hard to argue with that. BSU was built for this one game. Makes you wonder what urban meyer has under his belt for the NC.
2) The trick plays: They really didn't help that much except the last two plays (the first of which I think was well defended, just a great throw by the WR/QB). They also should have direct snapped it to the WR/QB guy instead of placing him under center. Then the regular QB could pretend like it was a high snap and spin around like he lost it. Still a well drawn up play.
3) Why the heck was OU trying that fade route 3 times in a row!!? The fade is a low percentage pass that requires a great throw and a great break by the WR. You cannot call that when you only have one chance at it That should have been AD on the original and second plays. The third play they went for it again! The QB read the play well and improvised. Bad play calling, superb execution. BSU also tried a fade in a do or die situation that was called off due to the illegal shift. Again bad play call but good execution.
4) The momentum shifts in that game were epic.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 am

SniperShot wrote:That was THE best college football game I'VE ever seen. I don't know about you but that one had me jumping out of my seat every other play was a DO or DIE on both teams and they both GOT IT DONE.

Man that was awesome.... Pure football glory at it's best doods. College needs a playoff. Sure you bowl lovers can argue this was a great game which is why Bowls are great. But can you imagine Bosie State playing Ohio State next week or something? Man there would be no limit to the amount of hype and build up to the game. Red hot Bosie State trying to knock off the number one... That would keep me watching for sure!

That's just the thing Sniper. They can still have all the Bowl games but use them in a playoff system so that they actually mean something.

I watch some of the Bowl games just because I love football but if the game is a blowout I won't watch because it doesn't mean anything when it comes to the NC. The games only mean something to the 2 schools playing in them.

If they used the Bowl games in a playoff system I would watch every single one of the "playoff" Bowl games because they actually mean something when it comes to the NC. Give more teams a chance. You could still have all the Bowl games and make the whole system much more exciting and meaningful for more teams & fans. I bet the ratings would go up because more people would watch games that actually mean something. And when the ratings go up that means you can charge more $ for advertising which is what this is all about anyway.

Just think what the NFL would be like if they did it like college. Chicago plays SD in the SB because they are the #1 seeds in both conferences. Then the #2 seeds play for 3rd place, the #3 seeds play for 5th place, etc. That would totally suck and who would really care about any of the games besides the SB except for fans of those teams? :-t

Playoffs baby. Wake up NCAA Division 1. Try to name any other sport that doesn't have a playoff system. You can't because division 1 college football is the only division of any sport that doesn't have a playoff system. And they could have these meaningful games during the 3-4 (or 5) weeks that the top teams have off after playing their last regular season game. That's another thing that's BS. Play all year then take a month off before playing in the biggest game of their season. :-t :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby tcpain » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 am

All I can say is .........WOW!!!! Between last year's Rose Bowl and this year's Fiesta Bowl I am having a very hard time deciding which one was better. I do know this :

13-0 deserves at least a "shot" at the title in whatever sport you are talking about. Is there any other sport in the world where the undefeated teams don't even have a shot at winning the Championship?

Congrats to Boise St. and all the other "little" schools out there and may all of them win as many games as it takes to institute a new tradition:

JANUARY MADNESS!!!!

Here's to a real playoff system!!!!
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner-Real Deal NFFL, Real Deal MLB, Real Deal CFFD (Dynasty)
cburgess6@comcast.net
Co-Commissioner-Real Deal vs. Cafe (Real Deal = 1 / Cafe = 0)
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:44 am

skibrett15 wrote:1) Congrats to FB for making some great points regarding the trick plays and BSU's conference schedule etc. It's hard to argue with that. BSU was built for this one game.
2) The trick plays: They really didn't help that much except the last two plays (the first of which I think was well defended, just a great throw by the WR/QB). They also should have direct snapped it to the WR/QB guy instead of placing him under center. Then the regular QB could pretend like it was a high snap and spin around like he lost it. Still a well drawn up play.

BSU built for this one game? Doubtful, they don't get here unless they build for the others.

Many great teams/coaches use and set up trick plays for the end of the season. Bill Cower is a good example. Without the solid execution of the game plan, especially stopping the run and using a patient offensive attack, the bells and whistles are useless.

If you are talking about the statue of liberty play, well you're wrong. The threat of the trips and commonality of the direct snap, combined with the likeliness one or more of the Sooners was looking for it... come on you sound like a fan of a big money program talking down.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:49 am

Hands down best game I've ever watched, both College or NFL. I think this proves that college games are at as good if not better than most NFL games. This even tops the Rose Bowl last year and I though I would never see a better game.

I hope all the rest of the BCS games are this good... :-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football