Fiesta Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Fiesta Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:52 am

God damn, I watched Wall Street because that's what was on the big TV at my place (great movie BTW) and it sounds like I missed an epic game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tcpain » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:58 am

Yea, you missed THE most exciting ending to any college or pro football game I have ever seen. The momentum swings were huge and each team stepped up and performed under pressure.....except little ole Boise St. was the team with stones to go for 2 and WIN instead of settling for the 1 pointer!!!
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner-Real Deal NFFL, Real Deal MLB, Real Deal CFFD (Dynasty)
cburgess6@comcast.net
Co-Commissioner-Real Deal vs. Cafe (Real Deal = 1 / Cafe = 0)
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:02 am

Hey ya know one of the best NFL regular season games came on a Monday night in this very same building. Cards/Bears where the insanely underdog Cards almost finished off the Bears. That's one I'll never forget either. I'm beginning to like this new Complex in Glendale Arizona... Here's to more memorable games next season and beyond!

Night all!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:13 am

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:1) Congrats to FB for making some great points regarding the trick plays and BSU's conference schedule etc. It's hard to argue with that. BSU was built for this one game.
2) The trick plays: They really didn't help that much except the last two plays (the first of which I think was well defended, just a great throw by the WR/QB). They also should have direct snapped it to the WR/QB guy instead of placing him under center. Then the regular QB could pretend like it was a high snap and spin around like he lost it. Still a well drawn up play.

BSU built for this one game? Doubtful, they don't get here unless they build for the others.

Many great teams/coaches use and set up trick plays for the end of the season. Bill Cower is a good example. Without the solid execution of the game plan, especially stopping the run and using a patient offensive attack, the bells and whistles are useless.

If you are talking about the statue of liberty play, well you're wrong. The threat of the trips and commonality of the direct snap, combined with the likeliness one or more of the Sooners was looking for it... come on you sound like a fan of a big money program talking down.

I'm actually not a fan of anyone in college football. I was rooting for Boise all the way in this game. I'm talking about the play where they had the converted WR to QB in the game and Zebransky in the same set. The convert was under center and Zebransky was motioned out. He's not a real threat so they should have put him under center and the other guy right next to him. Direct snap it to the other guy while Zebransky makes like the ball went over his head. Then the other guy rolls out and run/pass options for the yardage.
Go back and read FBs points on the first/second page to see what I'm talking about.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:27 am

skibrett15 wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:1) Congrats to FB for making some great points regarding the trick plays and BSU's conference schedule etc. It's hard to argue with that. BSU was built for this one game.
2) The trick plays: They really didn't help that much except the last two plays (the first of which I think was well defended, just a great throw by the WR/QB). They also should have direct snapped it to the WR/QB guy instead of placing him under center. Then the regular QB could pretend like it was a high snap and spin around like he lost it. Still a well drawn up play.

BSU built for this one game? Doubtful, they don't get here unless they build for the others.

Many great teams/coaches use and set up trick plays for the end of the season. Bill Cower is a good example. Without the solid execution of the game plan, especially stopping the run and using a patient offensive attack, the bells and whistles are useless.

If you are talking about the statue of liberty play, well you're wrong. The threat of the trips and commonality of the direct snap, combined with the likeliness one or more of the Sooners was looking for it... come on you sound like a fan of a big money program talking down.

I'm actually not a fan of anyone in college football. I was rooting for Boise all the way in this game. I'm talking about the play where they had the converted WR to QB in the game and Zebransky in the same set. The convert was under center and Zebransky was motioned out. He's not a real threat so they should have put him under center and the other guy right next to him. Direct snap it to the other guy while Zebransky makes like the ball went over his head. Then the other guy rolls out and run/pass options for the yardage.
Go back and read FBs points on the first/second page to see what I'm talking about.

Well the play worked to perfection the way it was. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:01 am

Anybody got links to videos of the Hook 'n' Ladder and the Statue of Liberty plays?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am

The Lung wrote:Anybody got links to videos of the Hook 'n' Ladder and the Statue of Liberty plays?

Heres a good one of the 'Hook and ladder' play, there are others on Youtube but this one looked the best
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H8tCWj7KY8I

Here is the 'Statue of Liberty' play done by Boise St last night.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... berty+play ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:07 am

That may have just been the best football game I've ever seen 8-o
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Indys_time » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:22 am

WOW, unbelievable game. Their were at least 4 different times when I thought it was over, but nope. Great game. ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:40 pm

That was a great game. I just caught the last half of the 4th quarter and overtime, looks like i picked the right time to tune in!

Anyone else notice that at the end of the game two of the announcers decided to have a BCS versus Playoff debate when OU intercepted that pass? Shut up and just call the game.... :-t
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football