Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:36 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Perhaps it's time to discuss the rookie draft?

Ready ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:36 am

Now that the rookie draft is finished, when does everyone want to open up free agency? Should we do it soon? Or should we do it closer to the season? I'd prefer closer to the season when things are clearer around the league, but I'm OK either way.

Hey dream...did you set it up on AOL so that both of us can commish the league? I think I remember you saying that you could do that. Please let me know. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:30 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Now that the rookie draft is finished, when does everyone want to open up free agency? Should we do it soon? Or should we do it closer to the season? I'd prefer closer to the season when things are clearer around the league, but I'm OK either way.

Hey dream...did you set it up on AOL so that both of us can commish the league? I think I remember you saying that you could do that. Please let me know. ;-D

I would prefer to do FA closer to the start of the season for the reason you stated. ;-D

I think you can get a more solid picture with a poll for this question.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:11 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Now that the rookie draft is finished, when does everyone want to open up free agency? Should we do it soon? Or should we do it closer to the season? I'd prefer closer to the season when things are clearer around the league, but I'm OK either way.

You should be set with commmish access. I have been busy with other things and this got put on the back burner. I will try to update rosters and make sure all setting are correct before sending out the invites to all owners.

1 thing to mention is that we can have divisions in AOL. I think I currently have it set up as three 4 team divisions, based on original veteran draft positions (1,4,7,10), (2,5,8,11) and (3,6,9,12). We can discuss changes to this setup.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:30 pm

OK, I went in and have the rosters complete, prior to the drafted players(they don't have rookies listed yet). I know there are some vet players drafted, but though it would be easier to add all drafted players at once. The rules are not completly set-up, but most of them are. Once FnJ gives an OK, we can send out the invites and you guys can look around and make sure your rosters are correct.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:56 am

Thanks a lot dream. I REALLY appreciate that! ;-D

I'll go on there this weekend and look around and see if I can get everything set up 100%. Then I'll send out the invites like you suggested. I might do what we did last year after the rookie draft when yahoo didn't have certain players in their system yet. I added just a scrub player with a close last name (crowder instead of croyle for example) just to fill all the rosters. Then when the player became available we allowed everyone to drop the scrub for the real player that they drafted. We'll see about that. I did that last year because on yahoo I had to add a full roster for everyone before submitting.

Also, I'll get 2 polls up this weekend. 1 for when we should open up free agency & 1 for what we want to do about the divisions. I actually like how you said you set them up, but we'll discuss that more of course.

Thanks again dream!! ;-D ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Thanks a lot dream. I REALLY appreciate that! ;-D

I'll go on there this weekend and look around and see if I can get everything set up 100%. Then I'll send out the invites like you suggested. I might do what we did last year after the rookie draft when yahoo didn't have certain players in their system yet. I added just a scrub player with a close last name (crowder instead of croyle for example) just to fill all the rosters. Then when the player became available we allowed everyone to drop the scrub for the real player that they drafted. We'll see about that. I did that last year because on yahoo I had to add a full roster for everyone before submitting.

Also, I'll get 2 polls up this weekend. 1 for when we should open up free agency & 1 for what we want to do about the divisions. I actually like how you said you set them up, but we'll discuss that more of course.

Thanks again dream!! ;-D ;-D

I'll definitely get to all of this sometime this weekend. Sorry for the delay. I had a busy week.
:-/

flotsamnjetsam

Postby SniperShot » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:34 pm

I'll be on a camping trip all of next week so don't expect to see me around.

Whatever boozie votes I support 110%.... :-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:16 am

I just set up 2 polls & 1 discussion. I'll PM everyone to let them know about them.

I couldn't find where dream posted how I can get on the AOL league site so I'm waiting to hear from him about that.

;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I just set up 2 polls & 1 discussion. I'll PM everyone to let them know about them.

I couldn't find where dream posted how I can get on the AOL league site so I'm waiting to hear from him about that.

;-D

OK, my first bad experience with AOL, but I guess it is expected. Looks like they have updated their site and in the process deleted old leagues that were previously started but never run. I set up our league last year, but we never had the owners log in and such, so it was deleted. :-[

I'll go through this week adn set it up again....adding the rosters is the pain, and I thought it was done :-t but I will set it up and send you the invite.

Although it was nice, because I had a couple other leagues set up as tests, so my league drop down is cleaned up :-B
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League