Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:59 pm

I just posted this in the CA league (this league is the "other league" mentioned):

FNJ wrote:I posted this on flea, but I want to post it here so I don't forget. I want to have a poll in the offseason to change our tiebreaker system. We're currently using the flea default for tiebreakers which has H2H as the 1st tiebreaker. Like most of my other leagues, I think it should be total points as the 1st tiebreaker. H2H penalizes a team for having 1 (or 2 if you play that team twice) bad week. Just doesn't seem fair, and I'm not saying this just because I missed the playoffs because of this. I actually thought the tiebreaker was total points until last week when I noticed H2H was the default tiebreaker in one of my other flea leagues (I'm having a poll in that league also).

I scored the most points in the entire CA league and missed the playoffs to a team that scored almost 200 points less than mine.

Just posting here so I don't forget to bring it up later. Also, point for return yardage was mentioned, so that's another thing to discuss in the offseason. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

If there's one thing I'd propose it's that we get off Fleaflicker altogether and switch to MFL. I know that may be cost-prohibitive (I may be able to get it comped or at least discounted a significant amount, but I can't make any promises) and I'm very appreciative that they have seen fit to feature some of my work from Fantasy Sharks, but their IDP scoring and positional designations make my head hurt sometimes.

I'm rolling with Rob Ninkovich as a DL in another league...um, no.

Sacks don't get credit for a tackle as well...once again, no.

Hell, maybe I'll just get FF to change it. Be surprised what I can accomplish if I set my mind to it.

Lord knows I am. :-B

Been a wild year ladies...should probably pop in to GT just to freak people out.

After all, what's Christmas without Bad Santa? B-)

(Boozie gave me the nickname...makes me sad that the vast majority of folks here now (not necessarily this bunch, mind you) have no idea who the hell that is.)

Old Times. Good Times.

My best to you and yours all...Like I said on the league site...miss ya more than you know.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 am

Kilroy wrote:If there's one thing I'd propose it's that we get off Fleaflicker altogether and switch to MFL. I know that may be cost-prohibitive (I may be able to get it comped or at least discounted a significant amount, but I can't make any promises) and I'm very appreciative that they have seen fit to feature some of my work from Fantasy Sharks, but their IDP scoring and positional designations make my head hurt sometimes.

Hell, maybe I'll just get FF to change it. Be surprised what I can accomplish if I set my mind to it.

Been a wild year ladies...should probably pop in to GT just to freak people out.

(Boozie gave me the nickname...makes me sad that the vast majority of folks here now (not necessarily this bunch, mind you) have no idea who the hell that is.)

Old Times. Good Times.

My best to you and yours all...Like I said on the league site...miss ya more than you know.

Glad you are still around in some capacity Kilroy. You and JB can stop by and instill your sense of humour around the place and that is fine by me. YOu are right though, most old timers have moved on or at least are now in the lurking class. If it weren't for RJ publishing what he does and recruiting a couple of good contributors there may even be less of a Cafe which in some ways is kind of sad to me. This place was a lot of fun back in the day.

Congrats to FNJ. Hell of a nice playoff run for you.

INCREASED ROSTER SIZES FOR 2012!!! Go on, say it out loud, you know you want to.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:28 am

bungle613 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:If there's one thing I'd propose it's that we get off Fleaflicker altogether and switch to MFL. I know that may be cost-prohibitive (I may be able to get it comped or at least discounted a significant amount, but I can't make any promises) and I'm very appreciative that they have seen fit to feature some of my work from Fantasy Sharks, but their IDP scoring and positional designations make my head hurt sometimes.

Old Times. Good Times.

Glad you are still around in some capacity Kilroy. You and JB can stop by and instill your sense of humour around the place and that is fine by me. YOu are right though, most old timers have moved on or at least are now in the lurking class. If it weren't for RJ publishing what he does and recruiting a couple of good contributors there may even be less of a Cafe which in some ways is kind of sad to me. This place was a lot of fun back in the day.

Congrats to FNJ. Hell of a nice playoff run for you.

INCREASED ROSTER SIZES FOR 2012!!! Go on, say it out loud, you know you want to.
Last edited by Kilroy on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:36 pm

bungle613 wrote:Congrats to FNJ. Hell of a nice playoff run for you.

Thanks bungle! ;-D :-)

It's funny how things work out sometimes. I wanted a QB in the 1st round of our rookie draft, but I was one of those who really thought Cam would be a bust in the pros. I agonized over that pick, and it turned out to be great for me this year. McFadden getting injured really helped me. After MJD, I didn't have any RB's that I could rely on. Jstew & D.Will played well this year, but they kinda cancel each other out and it's hard to pick 1 of the 2 each week. M.Bush played a key role for me. After Marshall, my WR's were inconsistent. Starting M.Bush down the stretch allowed me to only start 2 WR's instead of 3. Lastly, I think getting Bowman off the WW really helped...especially with Timmons having a down year.

Definitely feels awesome to win one in this league! Can't wait to defend the title next year. ;-D :-)

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm

Place holder.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 am

SeaWolf wrote:Place holder.

For March
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm

moochman wrote:
bungle613 wrote:Anyone up for taking a run at roster expansion again for 2012?

Flea accomodates up to 40 man rosters now and we have large starting rosters req's. I am all in favour of as many roster spots as I can get.

Thoughts?

Having two players from this years draft on IR I wouldn't mind. Or we could create an IR slot.

A discussion/poll regarding roster expansion will be posted right after I post this.

For the past few years, I've thought about adding some IDP's to our starting requirements. We only start 5, and there are always decent IDP options on the WW. Since we only have to start 1 DL, most owners only roster 2 (1 owner only has 1 DL). I think we should expand our rosters to 40, and I think we should add 3 IDP's to our starting requirements.

Right now we start:

DL
DL/LB
LB
LB/DB
DB

In true flex-factor fashion, dream & I came up with this:

DL
DT
DL/LB
DL/LB/DB
DL/LB/DB

LB/DB
CB
DB

It would make us have to start a DT & CB, and now we'd have 8 O & D starters. dream and I want to bring this up as a proposed rule change, but we might have to wait until 2013. Right now flea doesn't break down IDP's into CB's & DT's...they lump them all into DB's & DL's. This thread on the flea forum talks about this issue. It starts by saying they will try to have this done by 2012, but the most recent posts in the thread say that it won't happen until 2013:

http://www.fleaflicker.com/topic?forumsTopicId=20476

Kilroy mentioned that he'd like to move the league from flea to MFL:

Kilroy is going to find out about either getting the league comped or discounted on MFL for this year. If we move to MFL, we're going to propose the addition of 3 IDP starters for this year. If we stay at flea, we're still going to propose the addition of 3 IDP starters for 2013 (when hopefully flea will do what they said and support what we want to do).

Feel free to discuss this possible change. I just wanted to bring it up before posting a poll on roster expansion since this might affect your decision/vote. ;-D

Thoughts? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 am

I have no problems with increasing the roster sizes and starting slots but am a little concerned that it may be done this year. Alot of owners, I would say most, do not have a starting CB or DT currently on roster. It may not be an issue as alot may be available in the draft but I would guess the top few are gone possibly giving a decent advantage to ceratin owners.

Just an observation for now, I will take a look at flea and who is available.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm

bungle613 wrote:I have no problems with increasing the roster sizes and starting slots but am a little concerned that it may be done this year. Alot of owners, I would say most, do not have a starting CB or DT currently on roster. It may not be an issue as alot may be available in the draft but I would guess the top few are gone possibly giving a decent advantage to ceratin owners.

Just an observation for now, I will take a look at flea and who is available.

I had the same thoughts, but if we do decide to add the 3 IDP starters this year (remember...this is something that we might not even be able to do until 2013), owners will be able to pick up players that they need through the rookie/FA draft...and then through FA.

Also, not many DT's and CB's are rostered. Out of the 26 rostered DL's, only 3 are DT's (Suh, Ngata & C.Campbell). Dockett is listed as a DT on nfl.com, but he's listed as a DE on most fantasy sites. Out of the 41 rostered DB's, we have 14 CB's (Browner, McCourty, Webb, T.Thomas, Barber, Marshall, Tillman, Peterson, Woodson, Revis, Gamble, Hall, T.Williams & J.King).

So IMO, it wouldn't be a big issue. Most owners will need to get a DT before the start of the season, and only a few owners will need to get a CB. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League