Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby bungle613 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I have no problems with increasing the roster sizes and starting slots but am a little concerned that it may be done this year. Alot of owners, I would say most, do not have a starting CB or DT currently on roster. It may not be an issue as alot may be available in the draft but I would guess the top few are gone possibly giving a decent advantage to ceratin owners.

Just an observation for now, I will take a look at flea and who is available.



I had the same thoughts, but if we do decide to add the 3 IDP starters this year (remember...this is something that we might not even be able to do until 2013), owners will be able to pick up players that they need through the rookie/FA draft...and then through FA.

Also, not many DT's and CB's are rostered. Out of the 26 rostered DL's, only 3 are DT's (Suh, Ngata & C.Campbell). Dockett is listed as a DT on nfl.com, but he's listed as a DE on most fantasy sites. Out of the 41 rostered DB's, we have 14 CB's (Browner, McCourty, Webb, T.Thomas, Barber, Marshall, Tillman, Peterson, Woodson, Revis, Gamble, Hall, T.Williams & J.King).

So IMO, it wouldn't be a big issue. Most owners will need to get a DT before the start of the season, and only a few owners will need to get a CB. ;-D


Thanks Flots. Saved me the trouble of some research. ;-D
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I have no problems with increasing the roster sizes and starting slots but am a little concerned that it may be done this year. Alot of owners, I would say most, do not have a starting CB or DT currently on roster. It may not be an issue as alot may be available in the draft but I would guess the top few are gone possibly giving a decent advantage to ceratin owners.

Just an observation for now, I will take a look at flea and who is available.



I had the same thoughts, but if we do decide to add the 3 IDP starters this year (remember...this is something that we might not even be able to do until 2013), owners will be able to pick up players that they need through the rookie/FA draft...and then through FA.

Also, not many DT's and CB's are rostered. Out of the 26 rostered DL's, only 3 are DT's (Suh, Ngata & C.Campbell). Dockett is listed as a DT on nfl.com, but he's listed as a DE on most fantasy sites. Out of the 41 rostered DB's, we have 14 CB's (Browner, McCourty, Webb, T.Thomas, Barber, Marshall, Tillman, Peterson, Woodson, Revis, Gamble, Hall, T.Williams & J.King).

So IMO, it wouldn't be a big issue. Most owners will need to get a DT before the start of the season, and only a few owners will need to get a CB. ;-D


Thanks Flots. Saved me the trouble of some research. ;-D



No problem. ;-D

Here's some more research I did. If you break it down by owner:

Need to add DT & CB: FNJ, dream, water boy, Kilroy, Crime, abe, bungle (7) [bungle actually needs DT & DB...he has 1CB]
Need to add DT only: mattb47, Dolfin, stomper (3) [stomper would be OK on the small chance that Dockett gets listed as a DT]
Need to add none: mooch & SW (2)
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri May 25, 2012 1:10 am

Does anyone else have a preference for Blind Bid over the current Waiver Priority system? I would prefer blind bid for a couple reasons, and most of my other leagues have moved to this. Blind Bid is a little harder to strategize than Priority, but I think that's what makes it interesting. It would also allow us to shut off Free Agency all summer and only do weekly waivers (because garbage moves like picking a kicker or swapping out Marion Barber would be free - done as a $0 bid - and not cost you your priority).

If there's more people with a strong preference to Blind Bid we could vote for a 2013 change, but if no one is that adamant about it, I'm fine with the status quo.
Image
thriftyrocker
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 7323
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 25, 2012 2:03 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Does anyone else have a preference for Blind Bid over the current Waiver Priority system? I would prefer blind bid for a couple reasons, and most of my other leagues have moved to this. Blind Bid is a little harder to strategize than Priority, but I think that's what makes it interesting. It would also allow us to shut off Free Agency all summer and only do weekly waivers (because garbage moves like picking a kicker or swapping out Marion Barber would be free - done as a $0 bid - and not cost you your priority).

If there's more people with a strong preference to Blind Bid we could vote for a 2013 change, but if no one is that adamant about it, I'm fine with the status quo.



thrifty asked me about this in a PM. I'll just copy & paste my response:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Blind Bid has never been brought up in this league. I prefer priority-based only because I like the strategy involved in holding on to that #1 priority over the strategy involved with blind-bid. I also like the ease of priority over blind-bid. I've been in 10+ leagues for the past few years, and it takes more time when making those weekly waiver claims in all my leagues. And honestly, I really suck at blind-bid! :-B I always end up spending all my $$ fast.

Feel free to post the suggestion in the "possible rule changes" thread though (if you want to). If you do post the suggestion, my 1st thought would be to propose it for 2013...only because we've started the draft already & we voted on the possible rules changes a month or so ago. I could see someone with a top waiver priority getting irked if we change it for this year (assuming it passes). Thoughts? :-?



I just prefer waiver priority and the way we run in weekly after the draft (like during the season). And like I said in that PM, if we do end up changing the ww system to blind bid, I'd prefer that we did it for 2013. I'll put up a discussion/poll. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm

It looks like Fleaflicker did not add the IDP positions. Although maybe they just didn't roll it out yet.

Kilroy was the one who wanted to move to MFL and said he could get us comped right? Would we still move to MFL if it is not comped?
Image
thriftyrocker
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 7323
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:26 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:It looks like Fleaflicker did not add the IDP positions. Although maybe they just didn't roll it out yet.

Kilroy was the one who wanted to move to MFL and said he could get us comped right? Would we still move to MFL if it is not comped?



I'll post in the fleaflicker thread where they told me the new IDP positions would definitely be implemented for 2013, and I'll ask them when the change will be implemented. My guess is that they just didn't roll them out yet.

Yes, Kilroy has connections at MFL, but since he's no longer in the league...there's no way we could get that comped (I don't want to ask him to even try...since he's no longer in the league). So if flea doesn't come through with what they promised, I'd consider moving the league to MFL because some owners (myself included) planned ahead and picked up a DT and/or a CB last year. I wouldn't want to just scrap our rule change because of flea. If we did end up moving to MFL because of flea, I'd pay for the league, and then I'd ask everyone to chip in their 1/12...but I wouldn't make it mandatory. Let's just hope that flea follows through with what they promised last year, and I'll let everyone know what flea says after I post there and they respond. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:It looks like Fleaflicker did not add the IDP positions. Although maybe they just didn't roll it out yet.

Kilroy was the one who wanted to move to MFL and said he could get us comped right? Would we still move to MFL if it is not comped?



I'll post in the fleaflicker thread where they told me the new IDP positions would definitely be implemented for 2013, and I'll ask them when the change will be implemented. My guess is that they just didn't roll them out yet.

Yes, Kilroy has connections at MFL, but since he's no longer in the league...there's no way we could get that comped (I don't want to ask him to even try...since he's no longer in the league). So if flea doesn't come through with what they promised, I'd consider moving the league to MFL because some owners (myself included) planned ahead and picked up a DT and/or a CB last year. I wouldn't want to just scrap our rule change because of flea. If we did end up moving to MFL because of flea, I'd pay for the league, and then I'd ask everyone to chip in their 1/12...but I wouldn't make it mandatory. Let's just hope that flea follows through with what they promised last year, and I'll let everyone know what flea says after I post there and they respond. ;-D



I saw that you (thrifty) posted in that thread on flea. A guy named rangerdave replied to you, posting a link to a different flea thread. In that thread, one of the flea admins said that the change should be implemented by sometime in May or June. No exact timetable was promised, but they did say that it would be implemented for 2013. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 pm

I take it we're still in the dark about what & when Flea is doing things?
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

stomperrob wrote:I take it we're still in the dark about what & when Flea is doing things?


They said it should be near when the over-hall came, but obviously no changes yet. :,-(
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:57 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
stomperrob wrote:I take it we're still in the dark about what & when Flea is doing things?


They said it should be near when the over-hall came, but obviously no changes yet. :,-(


I assume FA will start as soon as we know either way. :-?
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:31 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact