Offseason Discussion/Rule Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

Offseason Discussion/Rule Changes

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Offseason Discussion/Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Post any offseason discussion & possible rule changes here.

I can't think of anything I'd like to change except maybe the site that hosts our league. I really like nfl.com because of the free live scoring and the exact waiver system that we almost tried to use (lock add/drops from gametime of the 1st game of the week until 24 hours after MNF & all requests during this period are given based on waiver priority). Just not sure if nfl.com will allow us to use our starting requirements. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:18 pm

I'd like to try a new website. I've been using Yahoo and ESPN for a while now, so trying something different would be good. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:20 pm

havent used NFL.com in a while but from what ive heard there is not much in the way of customization. I wouldnt mind a host change, although there sure is nothing wrong with yahoo.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 01, 2007 9:12 pm

Just wanted everyone to know that I'll be on vacation from 5/2-5/8. I'll have internet access so I still should be able to check the forum. I just won't be on as much as usual. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Fri May 04, 2007 8:35 am

A change from yahoo to anything else would be really hard on me.

I almost had to let this league go with my schedule and commitments being what they are this year. The reason I can afford to keep it is that I run everything through yahoo which cuts down on the time it takes, particularly Sunday morning, in making roster moves and add/drops.

So, there's one vote for Yahoo.

Dude

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 04, 2007 10:52 am

Poll going up! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Re: Offseason Discussion/Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:19 am

Funny seeing this still as an announcement. I miss being able to do that. :,-(

YEAR 3 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES

We already had this thread up from last year and I like that it's still an announcement so we'll just use this thread again. Please post and discussion and/or possible rule changes here. ;-D

The only thing I can think of right now is possibly moving from yahoo so we can have a site that allows the waiver system we want. Unless Swiper can get that deal with yahoo again for the free upgrade. That was awesome in the LOD league. I remember that Swiper joined us too late to get this league on that deal last year.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kilroy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:18 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Funny seeing this still as an announcement. I miss being able to do that. :,-(

We already had this thread up from last year and I like that it's still an announcement so we'll just use this thread again. Please post and discussion and/or possible rule changes here. ;-D

The only thing I can think of right now is possibly moving from yahoo so we can have a site that allows the waiver system we want. Unless Swiper can get that deal with yahoo again for the free upgrade. That was awesome in the LOD league. I remember that Swiper joined us too late to get this league on that deal last year.

What's the waiver system? AOL would probably allow for it, but I know the mention of using AOL sends some folks screaming for the Hills.

Fleaflicker maybe? It's supposed to be pretty customizable, although I've yet to use it. We're considering using it for the "New" batch of N00baholics, and the 2008 leagues are open now, so I could "check it out" if you like (or you can, whatever).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:56 am

Kilroy wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Funny seeing this still as an announcement. I miss being able to do that. :,-(

What's the waiver system? AOL would probably allow for it, but I know the mention of using AOL sends some folks screaming for the Hills.

Fleaflicker maybe? It's supposed to be pretty customizable, although I've yet to use it. We're considering using it for the "New" batch of N00baholics, and the 2008 leagues are open now, so I could "check it out" if you like (or you can, whatever).

I just took Kilroy's advice and set up the league on fleaflicker...just to see how user friendly it is (I haven't used it either). I'm very impressed...SO much easier to set up than AOL. I used AOL for the 1st time last year and really wasn't impressed at all. So fleaflicker was awesome as a commish for setup & customability purposes (many options...good for flex factor league I think :-? ). Has anyone used fleaflicker before? It easily accommodated all our rules & requirements, including the waiver system that doesn't exist on free yahoo leagues. ;-D

Just based on my experience in setting up the league, I'd be OK with trying fleaflicker this year. Hopefully we have at least 1 person who can tell us how it ran during the season. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kilroy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:32 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

I just took Kilroy's advice and set up the league on fleaflicker...just to see how user friendly it is (I haven't used it either). I'm very impressed...SO much easier to set up than AOL. I used AOL for the 1st time last year and really wasn't impressed at all. So fleaflicker was awesome as a commish for setup & customability purposes (many options...good for flex factor league I think :-? ). Has anyone used fleaflicker before? It easily accommodated all our rules & requirements, including the waiver system that doesn't exist on free yahoo leagues. ;-D

Just based on my experience in setting up the league, I'd be OK with trying fleaflicker this year. Hopefully we have at least 1 person who can tell us how it ran during the season. ;-D

You took my advice? Are you insane?

I don't even do that! :-o

:-B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous