Saban Watch! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Saban Watch!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Saban Watch!

Postby tclangham » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:16 am

I will be very angry if Saban cuts and runs from the players he has brought into Miami.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... d_football

What do you guys think?
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:45 am

That would totally suck if he cuts and runs. But I dont blame him if his reasons are what has been mentioned...that he misses molding young players...
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:45 am

I think Saban might be finding the NFL game too hard for him. He made a major mistake in forgetting to work on the offensive line, he's staring at a defense that needs rebuilding, he sacrificed lots of cap and a valuable pick for a QB they can't count on as the future or present. Also, he's not utilizing Ronnie Brown nearly enough. Since game one against Pittsburgh, he never seemed to commit to the run, where his best offensive weapon is.

I see him cutting and running, and yes, that's really a !@#$ thing to do.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:06 am

Saban is fast becoming the Larry Brown on football. The man just loves to be romanced. Every season of his coaching career there have be rumors of him leaving for a better deal. Eventually he finds the grass too green.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Flux » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:57 am

I honestly would call him a fool if he didnt leave. He is being offered a ton of money...much more than he would make coaching the 'phins, and lets face it, he isn't a great NFL coach. Not many great college coaches can make it in the NFL. Time for him to cut his losses and go back to what he does best. Its the best move for all involved...
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Saban Watch!

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am

tclangham wrote:I will be very angry if Saban cuts and runs from the players he has brought into Miami.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... d_football

What do you guys think?

Why? He's done it everywhere else he's been.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am

Flux wrote:I honestly would call him a fool if he didnt leave. He is being offered a ton of money...much more than he would make coaching the 'phins, and lets face it, he isn't a great NFL coach. Not many great college coaches can make it in the NFL. Time for him to cut his losses and go back to what he does best. Its the best move for all involved...

I agree. He will be the savor in Bama and everyone loves him already. He will get paid more, knows the conference, knows he can win in college and has Job Security.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Roll Tide, baby!! I hope Saban comes to Bama and returns the program to its former glory.

I think it makes a lot of sense for him as well - in Miami, he has a mediocre offense, no QB, and an aging defense. In Alabama, he has a QB that looks like he could be the real deal, a good recruiting base (that will only get better if he comes), a dedicated fanbase, and $5 million a year. Some guys (like Pete Carroll) are just better suited to the college game. There's no shame in that.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Decision 10 am tomorrow. Why he needs to wait till then I don't know.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717770
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:55 pm

onnestabe wrote:Roll Tide, baby!! I hope Saban comes to Bama and returns the program to its former glory.

I think it makes a lot of sense for him as well - in Miami, he has a mediocre offense, no QB, and an aging defense. In Alabama, he has a QB that looks like he could be the real deal, a good recruiting base (that will only get better if he comes), a dedicated fanbase, and $5 million a year. Some guys (like Pete Carroll) are just better suited to the college game. There's no shame in that.

Tell that to Mike Shula and the rest of the coaches you guys have cut lose in the last 10 or 15 years.

I bet he leaves Miami but i dont see why this situation wont repeat itself in a year. He'll be given a one maybe 2 year grace period in Alambama and if they dont contend for a title he will be looking elsewhere.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk