Saban Watch! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Saban Watch!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:58 pm

I think he will go, I personally would like to see him stay in Miami, because I for one think he is a very good head coach at the professional level.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:09 pm

I have a feeling Saban will leave to Alabama- but I think it would be interesting to see if he could really succeed as an NFL coach. So in that regard I hope he stays but I bet he will end up with the Crimson Tide.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:13 pm

Saban's Tide decision to come by 10 a.m. ET

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9903594
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:21 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Saban's Tide decision to come by 10 a.m. ET

Really? :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:37 pm

VaderFin wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:Saban's Tide decision to come by 10 a.m. ET

Really? :-b

D'oh!

You got me. ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:54 am

ESPN radio is reporting (Len PAsquerelli via Colin Cowherd) that Saban has accepted the Bama Job.

He skipped a meeting with the Dolphins brass today, informed his coaches and the owner via telephone/speakerphone that he was leaving.

Don't wait for him to appear at that Miami podium.

Later today I bet he will be at an Alabama podium.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:01 am

The Balanced Man wrote:ESPN radio is reporting (Len PAsquerelli via Colin Cowherd) that Saban has accepted the Bama Job.

He skipped a meeting with the Dolphins brass today, informed his coaches and the owner via telephone/speakerphone that he was leaving.

Don't wait for him to appear at that Miami podium.

Later today I bet he will be at an Alabama podium.

Yep. Typical Saban fashion. At least this time he waited for the season to be over. I guess that's a positive.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:08 am

What a class act... :-t
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:09 am

After repeated denials, Saban takes Bama job

Nick Saban has accepted an offer from Alabama to coach the Crimson Tide and left the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, two weeks after declaring "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Saban will return to the SEC, where he won a national championship with LSU .Saban told team owner Wayne Huizenga of his intentions via telephone and then informed all of his coaches by speakerphone that he was leaving to accept the Alabama position, a source told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Alabama made its formal offer to Saban on Monday after rumors swirled for weeks that the Crimson Tide were pursuing the former LSU coach. The offer, believed to run from eight to 10 years, is worth $35 million to $40 million, and includes many variables, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday.

Saban had issued repeated denials that he was interested in coaching at Alabama, one of the most high-profile and high-pressure college coaching jobs in the country. He leaves the Dolphins with three years left on a deal worth approximately $4.5 million a year.

Alabama began looking for a coach after firing Mike Shula on Nov. 27. The Tide finished the season 6-7, losing to Oklahoma State in the Independence Bowl.

On Tuesday, Saban asked for and recevied more time from Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga to make a decision.

Huizenga remained optimistic Tuesday that Saban would return to Miami, and gave him until 10 a.m. Wednesday to make a decision.

"I'm hoping he's leaning on staying," Huizenga was quoted as saying in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "I like Nick a lot and hope he's going to stay. I'm not upset. You just have to play this thing through."

Huizenga has said he received repeated assurances from Saban late in the season that he would return in 2007. And Saban issued frequent public denials of interest in moving to Tuscaloosa, such as on Dec. 21, when he said: "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach and Len Pasquarelli contributed to this story.

The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:11 am

Yep. Just wait Bama fans. He'll walk out on you too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk