Saban Watch! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Saban Watch!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tclangham » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:15 pm

When he was hired he was touted as the next Bill Belicheck, ya right! Thanks for nothing Saban. Thanks for drafting an awsome running back and not using him. Thanks for bringing in a bunch of fired head coaches to help you lead our team to another dissapointing season. We should of kept Bates, atleast the players wanted to play for him, now the Defensive player of the year Jason Taylor wants to retire GREAT JOB SABAN!
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:22 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Maybe being associated with the Belichick coaching tree helps him get all these high paying jobs.

Anyways, kinda sucks for Dolphins fans that he jumped ship after only 2 years, but it's probably for the best. At least he didn't leave the Dolphins in disarray, like Larry Brown in basketball seems to do.

I think he got the high-paying Alabama job because there aren't many quality candidates at the college level and he won a national championship at another SEC West school not too long ago.

Now it's time for the recruits to roll in - Roll Tide, Baby!! ;-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:54 pm

I think Swiper especially will like this:

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:08 pm

Seems a little high and mighty to be judging Saban for skipping out on the Phins. If you were offered a big pay raise to go somewhere else and had to leave behind your coworkers, your telling me you wouldnt take it? please.

Another thing, everyone is so up in arms about how Saban said during the season he wasnt interested in the job. What do you want the guy to do during the season? If he tells them the truth he gets in big time from the media and from the fans for quitting on his team. Im by no means a Saban apologist but some of the posts i have been reading make me want to puke. :-P
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:10 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Seems a little high and mighty to be judging Saban for skipping out on the Phins. If you were offered a big pay raise to go somewhere else and had to leave behind your coworkers, your telling me you wouldnt take it? please.

Another thing, everyone is so up in arms about how Saban said during the season he wasnt interested in the job. What do you want the guy to do during the season? If he tells them the truth he gets in big time from the media and from the fans for quitting on his team. Im by no means a Saban apologist but some of the posts i have been reading make me want to puke. :-P

Huizenga said it had nothing to do with money. He abandoned my team among several others..I have every right to call the guy an ass. And I am. Let's not give him too much credit for that national title either...Wasn't it split? No matter.

That picture was funny Vader. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:22 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Seems a little high and mighty to be judging Saban for skipping out on the Phins. If you were offered a big pay raise to go somewhere else and had to leave behind your coworkers, your telling me you wouldnt take it? please.

Huizenga said it had nothing to do with money. He abandoned my team among several others..I have every right to call the guy an ass. And I am. Let's not give him too much credit for that national title either...Wasn't it split? No matter.

Never said he was a good coach. Its just a case of greener pastures. Can't blame a guy for that... no matter how bitter you may be. ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:22 pm

Integrity likely won't be part of Bama's mantra in the coming years.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:30 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Never said he was a good coach. Its just a case of greener pastures. Can't blame a guy for that... no matter how bitter you may be. ;-)

Call it what you want. The guy quits everywhere he goes. Bama's just the next stop. That'll be a funny day when another school joins the anti-Saban rebellion. 8 yr deal? Give him half that. Tops.

He couldn't recruit in a state with a league rival nabbing recruits and couldn't compete there. Bama will be no different, not to mention he'll have Florida schools nipping at his toes too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:24 pm

When the coach comes out and says in a press conference that "I will not be coaching Alabama next season" you expect him to stick around. Simply dont answer the question and move on.

And I dont think he is getting a pay raise. I believe he was making 4.5 million with the Phins and now it is reported to be 8 years, 32 million.

Seems as though he couldnt handle the NFL and needed to go back to the college ranks.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:41 am

RocketsDWM wrote:

When the coach comes out and says in a press conference that "I will not be coaching Alabama next season" you expect him to stick around. Simply dont answer the question and move on.

And I dont think he is getting a pay raise. I believe he was making 4.5 million with the Phins and now it is reported to be 8 years, 32 million.

Seems as though he couldnt handle the NFL and needed to go back to the college ranks.

When a coach says that it is no worse than 50-50 that he is gone. It's the coaching equivilant to an athlete saying it's not about the money after signing with the Lions.
While I disagree with the manner Saban conducted himself, I don't blame him. He has done nothing but be true to his nature. He's a carpetbagger. That said, the offer from 'Bama was way too sweet to pass up for a guy like Nick. The gave him a little better money than the Phins and he gets to go back to the college game that I think he likes better than the pros.

"Bama got themselves a bargain, IMO. The Crimson Tide have been foundering and with other rejections were on the brink of SEC obscurity. A non-contender for quite a while, almost a fraudulant as ND, Bama needed to restore credibility. With Saban they will once again become a NCAA power. For as much as Saban is a turd of an employee, he is a great college coach.
Heck he even had MSU on the brink of credibility before they cheaped out and let him leave.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk