looking for suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

looking for suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

looking for suggestions

Postby Giants21 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:11 pm

Hey, I am new here. I am looking for some suggestions. Me and some of my friends are looking to start up a keeper fantasy league.

I was hoping to get input from you guys. I am looking for what you guys usually use as rules. On stuff such as points and how many players you get to keep each year. Size of the roster. How keeping a player effects you the following year in the draft.

Any and all of your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Giants21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:26 pm

It all depends on how indepth you want to get.

For keeper leagues im in favor of a small number of keepers, I think 2 to 3 keepers is perfect. That way a team that drafts great the first year doesnt necessarily control the next few years.

In some keeper leagues that i am in there is a variable amount of keepers. You can keep up to 3 players but you dont have to keep any if you dont want to. If you dont keep the full number of keepers your are placed in a supplemental draft before the "main" draft. I really like this format.

For lineups and rules you can do whatever you want. I like leagues that have at least one flex position. Gives you lots of options as a drafter. I'm also a big fan of point per recption leagues.

good luck.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:26 pm

Welcome to the cafe ;-D

First off there are many ways you can go about setting up a keeper league. Here are some previous threads, I didn't review them all but I did see some decent info for starters. Once you have some basics set, then you can ask more specific questions. Hope these help:

draft

sites

dynasty

rules
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:28 pm

Heres a better explanation of how we handle keepers in the False Start Keeper league here at the Cafe.

1. There are Three teams, A, B, and C. Of the three, last year A had the worst record, B was in the middle, and C had the best record.

2. Each Team can keep 3 players from last year. Teams can keep less players (2, 1, 0) and recieve a SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT PICK at the begining of the draft (this is the rule we are discussing).

Simple enough. But it gets a little more in depth when more than one team decides to keep less than three people.

3. When it comes time to select keepers, A keeps 1 player, B keeps 3 players, and C keeps no players.

4. So A gets 2 Supplementary picks, B gets no Supplementary picks, and C gets 3 Supplementary picks. Now we must determine the order of the SUPPLEMENTARY PICKS, which occur before the normal picking order of the draft.

5. Since B has no Supplementary picks, B is removed from this discussion.

6. A has 2 supplementary picks, and C has 3. The first round of the supplementary draft is to PICK KEEPER #1. A has picked his KEEPER #1 by retaining one player from last year. C has not yet picked his KEEPER #1. So the first round of the supplemental picks would consist of 1 pick (C's) because he is the only one without a #1 keeper.

7. The second round of the supplementary draft is to PICK KEEPER #2. Neither A nor C has a KEEPER #2 since A kept 1 and C kept 0. Since A had the worse record he would pick first, and the order of the second round of the supplementary draft is: 1-A, 2-C.

8. The third round of the supplementary draft is to PICK KEEPER #3. Neither A nor C has a KEEPER #3 since A kept 1 and C kept 0. Since A had the worse record he would pick first, and the order of the third round of the supplementary draft is: 1-A, 2-C.

9. So the supplemental draft order would be: (R1) 1-C; (R2) 1-A, 2-C; (R3) 1-A, 2-C. Then the NORMAL DRAFT ORDER WOULD START.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:30 pm

I'm new to keeper league's this year, but over this season, we have it set up were you can keep up to 3 keepers (no penalty), but if you decide to keep a 4th keeper, you lose your highest draft pick, and if you keep a 5th player, you lose your next highest pick.

3 keepers = ~~ No penalty ~~
4 keepers = Highest pick available
5 keepers = Second highest pick available
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Giants21 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:59 pm

That's all really helpfull. Thanks.
Giants21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Giants21 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:08 pm

I am going to go with what Dawinner127 said as well as the supplemental draft.

I appreciate all your input.
Giants21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk