Heres a better explanation of how we handle keepers in the False Start Keeper league here at the Cafe.
1. There are Three teams, A, B, and C. Of the three, last year A had the worst record, B was in the middle, and C had the best record.
2. Each Team can keep 3 players from last year. Teams can keep less players (2, 1, 0) and recieve a SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT PICK at the begining of the draft (this is the rule we are discussing).
Simple enough. But it gets a little more in depth when more than one team decides to keep less than three people.
3. When it comes time to select keepers, A keeps 1 player, B keeps 3 players, and C keeps no players.
4. So A gets 2 Supplementary picks, B gets no Supplementary picks, and C gets 3 Supplementary picks. Now we must determine the order of the SUPPLEMENTARY PICKS, which occur before the normal picking order of the draft.
5. Since B has no Supplementary picks, B is removed from this discussion.
6. A has 2 supplementary picks, and C has 3. The first round of the supplementary draft is to PICK KEEPER #1. A has picked his KEEPER #1 by retaining one player from last year. C has not yet picked his KEEPER #1. So the first round of the supplemental picks would consist of 1 pick (C's) because he is the only one without a #1 keeper.
7. The second round of the supplementary draft is to PICK KEEPER #2. Neither A nor C has a KEEPER #2 since A kept 1 and C kept 0. Since A had the worse record he would pick first, and the order of the second round of the supplementary draft is: 1-A, 2-C.
8. The third round of the supplementary draft is to PICK KEEPER #3. Neither A nor C has a KEEPER #3 since A kept 1 and C kept 0. Since A had the worse record he would pick first, and the order of the third round of the supplementary draft is: 1-A, 2-C.
9. So the supplemental draft order would be: (R1) 1-C; (R2) 1-A, 2-C; (R3) 1-A, 2-C. Then the NORMAL DRAFT ORDER WOULD START.