Playoff PBC... Seattle and Dallas! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Playoff PBC... Seattle and Dallas!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby biju » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:17 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
eman wrote:Please do get in on the Bears PBC Jim, you seem to enjoy sporting those pretty paperbags so you might as well make sure you can keep various PB's on as the season comes to an end. In all seriousness, I think the Hawks will at the very least give the Bears a good game. And to take it a step further, I really think the Hawks will win. Something like 26-17 or so. :)

I will get into it gladly. I think the Seahawks are the worst team in the playoffs and not even close to the team they were last year. Don't forget you lost to SF twice and the Bears beat SF........well just as bad as they beat you.

I see the Bears winning by 2 td's minimum.

Yeah, I remember hating the Raiders when I was 12 for beating the Seahawks in the playoffs. It's cool man, I feel your pain...

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:03 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
eman wrote:Please do get in on the Bears PBC Jim, you seem to enjoy sporting those pretty paperbags so you might as well make sure you can keep various PB's on as the season comes to an end. In all seriousness, I think the Hawks will at the very least give the Bears a good game. And to take it a step further, I really think the Hawks will win. Something like 26-17 or so. :)

I will get into it gladly. I think the Seahawks are the worst team in the playoffs and not even close to the team they were last year. Don't forget you lost to SF twice and the Bears beat SF........well just as bad as they beat you.

And yet the Seahawks beat the Cowboys in the game that mattered. Funny how the NFL works. If they are the worst team in the playoffs, what does that make Dallas?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:06 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

And yet the Seahawks beat the Cowboys in the game that mattered. Funny how the NFL works. If they are the worst team in the playoffs, what does that make Dallas?

A team that lost to Detroit. :-P
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:13 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

First off the Seahawks didn't beat us we beat ourselves.

And the Cowboys are a better team that made a few key mistakes. If we had your schedule we would have had a bye.

The NFL is funny. Sometimes the best team doesn't win as happened here.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:17 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

And the Cowboys are a better team that made a few key mistakes. If we had your schedule we would have had a bye.

You dont think, even if they had made the field goal, that the Seahawks could not have driven down the field for the game winner with a minute and 16 seconds left? That is plenty of time to get into range for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. Not to mention they would have been going against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Yeah, I think I liked the Seahawks chances of a game winning field goal drive.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:17 am

biju wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Yeah, I remember hating the Raiders when I was 12 for beating the Seahawks in the playoffs. It's cool man, I feel your pain...

:-D

I don't hate the Seahawks. I just don't think they are that good. And I didn't expect to get this far with the schedule we had.

What pain? I'm as happy as can be.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:26 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

You dont think, even if they had made the field goal, that the Seahawks could not have driven down the field for the game winner with a minute and 16 seconds left? That is plenty of time to get into range for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. Not to mention they would have been going against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Yeah, I think I liked the Seahawks chances of a game winning field goal drive.

Well you had 12 drives and capitalized on 4 of them. So I think the chances of that happening were about 33 1/3%.

But it didn't we beat ourselves instead.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:41 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Well you had 12 drives and capitalized on 4 of them. So I think the chances of that happening were about 33 1/3%.

Give credit where credit is due. The Seahawks had a patched up secondary and even had someone who was sitting on the coach the past three wks playing cornerback. Their game plan wasnt sound and didnt attack that depleted secondary. The Seahawks on the other hand attacked the terrible corp that the Cowboys have in the secondary and for the most part were efficient on offense. They also came up big on defense when they needed to, namely the fumble Glenn had that swinged momentum. To dismiss this as simply the Cowboys beating themselves ignores the rest of the game. Yes they missed a field goal but again a minute sixteen is plenty of time for a solid offensive group to get into position for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. So even with a field goal the Seahawks chances were still great. But continue to dismiss this loss as the Cowboys beating themselves and ignore everything else.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:55 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Give credit where credit is due. The Seahawks had a patched up secondary and even had someone who was sitting on the coach the past three wks playing cornerback. Their game plan wasnt sound and didnt attack that depleted secondary. The Seahawks on the other hand attacked the terrible corp that the Cowboys have in the secondary and for the most part were efficient on offense. They also came up big on defense when they needed to, namely the fumble Glenn had that swinged momentum. To dismiss this as simply the Cowboys beating themselves ignores the rest of the game. Yes they missed a field goal but again a minute sixteen is plenty of time for a solid offensive group to get into position for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. So even with a field goal the Seahawks chances were still great. But continue to dismiss this loss as the Cowboys beating themselves and ignore everything else.

I'm not trying to dilute the win. I just feel we were the better team and beat ourselves. We did the same thing last year. I'm not going to lie to you and say different.

Our game plan was good but we could have done a better job at attacking your secondary.

Glenn fumbled that without being touched there wasn't any special D that caused it. Its on Glenn. Plus it was a risky play call. I would have ran it off tackle on 1st.

Who knows what would have happened had we made it. Its not 100% lock you move down field and kick a fg.

One last thing. John Carney was 10% better than Brown on FG's this year.
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:00 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

I'm not trying to dilute the win. I just feel we were the better team and beat ourselves. We did the same thing last year. I'm not going to lie to you and say different.

Our game plan was good but we could have done a better job at attacking your secondary.

Glenn fumbled that without being touched there wasn't any special D that caused it. Its on Glenn. Plus it was a risky play call. I would have ran it off tackle on 1st.

Who knows what would have happened had we made it. Its not 100% lock you move down field and kick a fg.

1st bold - Your not trying to dilute the win? Yet you say the Cowboys beat themselves and the Seahawks didnt really do anything special. I would say that is diluting the win.

2nd bold - I guess I was watching a different game because I remember a Seahawk player causing that fumble. :-? I'm almost postiive that was a forced fumble.

3rd bold - Your right, nothing is a given in the NFL. But with that much time left and having Josh Brown, I liked their chances.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting