Playoff PBC... Seattle and Dallas! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Playoff PBC... Seattle and Dallas!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eman » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:05 am

So much for losing gracefully. Respect to those of you (Joel, Leber, benb18a) who have been so reasonable and polite despite the tough loss. As for those of you who are trying to play down the loss and make excuses (You know who you are), move on. Its really not worth holding a grudge against a team just because you lost to them in a highly contested game.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:06 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
eman wrote:Please do get in on the Bears PBC Jim, you seem to enjoy sporting those pretty paperbags so you might as well make sure you can keep various PB's on as the season comes to an end. In all seriousness, I think the Hawks will at the very least give the Bears a good game. And to take it a step further, I really think the Hawks will win. Something like 26-17 or so. :)

I will get into it gladly. I think the Seahawks are the worst team in the playoffs and not even close to the team they were last year. Don't forget you lost to SF twice and the Bears beat SF........well just as bad as they beat you.

I see the Bears winning by 2 td's minimum.

And yet the Seahawks beat the Cowboys in the game that mattered. Funny how the NFL works. If they are the worst team in the playoffs, what does that make Dallas?

First off the Seahawks didn't beat us we beat ourselves.

And the Cowboys are a better team that made a few key mistakes. If we had your schedule we would have had a bye.

The NFL is funny. Sometimes the best team doesn't win as happened here.

You dont think, even if they had made the field goal, that the Seahawks could not have driven down the field for the game winner with a minute and 16 seconds left? That is plenty of time to get into range for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. Not to mention they would have been going against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Yeah, I think I liked the Seahawks chances of a game winning field goal drive.

Well you had 12 drives and capitalized on 4 of them. So I think the chances of that happening were about 33 1/3%.

But it didn't we beat ourselves instead.

Give credit where credit is due. The Seahawks had a patched up secondary and even had someone who was sitting on the coach the past three wks playing cornerback. Their game plan wasnt sound and didnt attack that depleted secondary. The Seahawks on the other hand attacked the terrible corp that the Cowboys have in the secondary and for the most part were efficient on offense. They also came up big on defense when they needed to, namely the fumble Glenn had that swinged momentum. To dismiss this as simply the Cowboys beating themselves ignores the rest of the game. Yes they missed a field goal but again a minute sixteen is plenty of time for a solid offensive group to get into position for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. So even with a field goal the Seahawks chances were still great. But continue to dismiss this loss as the Cowboys beating themselves and ignore everything else.

I'm not trying to dilute the win. I just feel we were the better team and beat ourselves. We did the same thing last year. I'm not going to lie to you and say different.

Our game plan was good but we could have done a better job at attacking your secondary.

Glenn fumbled that without being touched there wasn't any special D that caused it. Its on Glenn. Plus it was a risky play call. I would have ran it off tackle on 1st.

Who knows what would have happened had we made it. Its not 100% lock you move down field and kick a fg.

1st bold - Your not trying to dilute the win? Yet you say the Cowboys beat themselves and the Seahawks didnt really do anything special. I would say that is diluting the win.

2nd bold - I guess I was watching a different game because I remember a Seahawk player causing that fumble. :-? I'm almost postiive that was a forced fumble.

3rd bold - Your right, nothing is a given in the NFL. But with that much time left and having Josh Brown, I liked their chances.

Nope. You outscored a better team. But we are the ones who lost the game.

I think the ball came out before the Seattle player touched it.

Well Brown is no Carney (92%) but 80% isn't that bad. So you had a 33 1/3% chance of driving to FG range and an 80% chance of making the FG.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:10 am

eman wrote:So much for losing gracefully. Respect to those of you (Joel, Leber, benb18a) who have been so reasonable and polite despite the tough loss. As for those of you who are trying to play down the loss and make excuses (You know who you are), move on. Its really not worth holding a grudge against a team just because you lost to them in a highly contested game.

WHAT!?!?!?! ARE YOU SAYING IM SOFT? JUST CAUSE IM NOT STICKINGUP FOR MY TEAM?!?!?!?!!!!!! YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST, CRAZIEST, DUMbeees...yeah, I am joking. :-b

I agree with Cowboys 4 Life in this one point. We beat ourselves. The Seahawks still had a great game IMO. We were VERY fortunate to get a shot at the playoffs (as were the Seahawks, I might add) with the way that we played the last of the season. We should have won that game. We had more opportunities to put it away than the Seahawks, but still. Kudos to the Seahawks for a good game played. They wanted it BAD as did the Cowboys. I am just glad that we didn't lose to any NFC East teams. :-°
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:12 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
eman wrote:Please do get in on the Bears PBC Jim, you seem to enjoy sporting those pretty paperbags so you might as well make sure you can keep various PB's on as the season comes to an end. In all seriousness, I think the Hawks will at the very least give the Bears a good game. And to take it a step further, I really think the Hawks will win. Something like 26-17 or so. :)

I will get into it gladly. I think the Seahawks are the worst team in the playoffs and not even close to the team they were last year. Don't forget you lost to SF twice and the Bears beat SF........well just as bad as they beat you.

I see the Bears winning by 2 td's minimum.

And yet the Seahawks beat the Cowboys in the game that mattered. Funny how the NFL works. If they are the worst team in the playoffs, what does that make Dallas?

First off the Seahawks didn't beat us we beat ourselves.

And the Cowboys are a better team that made a few key mistakes. If we had your schedule we would have had a bye.

The NFL is funny. Sometimes the best team doesn't win as happened here.

You dont think, even if they had made the field goal, that the Seahawks could not have driven down the field for the game winner with a minute and 16 seconds left? That is plenty of time to get into range for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. Not to mention they would have been going against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Yeah, I think I liked the Seahawks chances of a game winning field goal drive.

Well you had 12 drives and capitalized on 4 of them. So I think the chances of that happening were about 33 1/3%.

But it didn't we beat ourselves instead.

Give credit where credit is due. The Seahawks had a patched up secondary and even had someone who was sitting on the coach the past three wks playing cornerback. Their game plan wasnt sound and didnt attack that depleted secondary. The Seahawks on the other hand attacked the terrible corp that the Cowboys have in the secondary and for the most part were efficient on offense. They also came up big on defense when they needed to, namely the fumble Glenn had that swinged momentum. To dismiss this as simply the Cowboys beating themselves ignores the rest of the game. Yes they missed a field goal but again a minute sixteen is plenty of time for a solid offensive group to get into position for the most accurate kicker in the NFL this season. So even with a field goal the Seahawks chances were still great. But continue to dismiss this loss as the Cowboys beating themselves and ignore everything else.

I'm not trying to dilute the win. I just feel we were the better team and beat ourselves. We did the same thing last year. I'm not going to lie to you and say different.

Our game plan was good but we could have done a better job at attacking your secondary.

Glenn fumbled that without being touched there wasn't any special D that caused it. Its on Glenn. Plus it was a risky play call. I would have ran it off tackle on 1st.

Who knows what would have happened had we made it. Its not 100% lock you move down field and kick a fg.

1st bold - Your not trying to dilute the win? Yet you say the Cowboys beat themselves and the Seahawks didnt really do anything special. I would say that is diluting the win.

2nd bold - I guess I was watching a different game because I remember a Seahawk player causing that fumble. :-? I'm almost postiive that was a forced fumble.

3rd bold - Your right, nothing is a given in the NFL. But with that much time left and having Josh Brown, I liked their chances.

Nope. You outscored a better team. But we are the ones who lost the game.

I think the ball came out before the Seattle player touched it.

Well Brown is no Carney (92%) but 80% isn't that bad. So you had a 33 1/3% chance of driving to FG range and an 80% chance of making the FG.

How do you not call that diluting a win? You write this and then claim to give credit to the Seahawks.

And as you said, nothing is automatic in this league. So even a short field goal that Gramatica had was not automatic (Tynes would also attest to this). Everything can go wrong during a field goal and something happened this time.

So your right, nothing is automatic. The Seahawks were not going to automatically march down the field and kick the game winner. And the Cowboys field goal at the end was not automatic either.

But keep diluting the Seahawks win. They were the better team that day and they have the scorecard to prove it.

And does any Seahawk fan remember the Glenn fumble? I am positive a Seahawk defender caused the fumble...
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:35 am

RocketsDWM wrote:And does any Seahawk fan remember the Glenn fumble? I am positive a Seahawk defender caused the fumble...

It was caused by a Seahawks defender. ;-D Jennings to be exact.

www.nfl.com wrote:T.Romo pass short left to T.Glenn to DAL 2 for no gain (K.Jennings). FUMBLES (K.Jennings), ball out of bounds in End Zone, SAFETY.

:yawn: I'm going to bed now. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 am

RocketsDWM wrote:How do you not call that diluting a win? You write this and then claim to give credit to the Seahawks.

And as you said, nothing is automatic in this league. So even a short field goal that Gramatica had was not automatic (Tynes would also attest to this). Everything can go wrong during a field goal and something happened this time.

So your right, nothing is automatic. The Seahawks were not going to automatically march down the field and kick the game winner. And the Cowboys field goal at the end was not automatic either.

But keep diluting the Seahawks win. They were the better team that day and they have the scorecard to prove it.

And does any Seahawk fan remember the Glenn fumble? I am positive a Seahawk defender caused the fumble...

I didn't dilute it. The Cowboys themselves diluted it with their mistakes.

Yup to the second & third paragraph.

Yup they were the better team that day because they held together and didn't beat themselves like we did.

I just watched the play again. It appears as if the ball slips out of Glenn's hand just before the defender got there but the stats give credit to Jennings.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:08 am

Technically, the Seattle player caused a fumble. I'd put an asterick behind it though. Glenn never caught it cleanly, he put the ball on the turf and was bobbling it when he got hit.

About the after talk, my question is...why on earth would we give the Seahawks credit for winning? Would you give credit if you caught a guy in bed with your old lady? "Good job man, you really satisified her. Thanks a bunch, again. I really wasn't in the mood tonight so now I don't have to worry about her. Well done, I could tell she enjoyed it."

:-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:47 am

Jimboozie wrote:Technically, the Seattle player caused a fumble. I'd put an asterick behind it though. Glenn never caught it cleanly, he put the ball on the turf and was bobbling it when he got hit.

About the after talk, my question is...why on earth would we give the Seahawks credit for winning? Would you give credit if you caught a guy in bed with your old lady? "Good job man, you really satisified her. Thanks a bunch, again. I really wasn't in the mood tonight so now I don't have to worry about her. Well done, I could tell she enjoyed it."

So by this logic then the Seahawks really almost gave the game away to the Cowboys. Because, after all, Hasselbeck threw those two picks that led to 2 FGs and then the special teams let you guys score on that kick return. That's 13 points, and your offense really only deserved 7.

I like this game. Man, I'm glad the Seahawks didn't almost give that game away! ;-7
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tarpon17 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 am

Gonna be a long wait for next season...............
tarpon17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:02 pm

biju wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Technically, the Seattle player caused a fumble. I'd put an asterick behind it though. Glenn never caught it cleanly, he put the ball on the turf and was bobbling it when he got hit.

So by this logic then the Seahawks really almost gave the game away to the Cowboys. Because, after all, Hasselbeck threw those two picks that led to 2 FGs and then the special teams let you guys score on that kick return. That's 13 points, and your offense really only deserved 7.

I like this game. Man, I'm glad the Seahawks didn't almost give that game away! ;-7

Oh, I know!!! Seattle almost gave that game away. Dallas was lucky to even be in it at all! ;-7

Seriously...
Dallas played well. I was one of the guys screaming my fool head off every time Romo took a snap. Only two false starts told me they were well disciplined. It was VERY LOUD in there! My ears are still ringing.

Congrats to Dallas for a well played, very exciting game! The better team almost lost. :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting