MMORPG Buzz - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

MMORPG Buzz

Moderator: Football Moderators

MMORPG Buzz

Postby josebach » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:25 pm

Anybody know what their next MMORPG is going to be? I played WOW for about 3 or 4 months after it first came out and haven't played since, but I'm starting to get an itch to play again. LOTR: Shadow of Angmar and Vanguard are a couple I'm considering. Any other opinions?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:36 pm

I played WOW for about 2 years as well, I gave it up a few months ago as it was far too time consuming. As far as what's up and coming, no big titles that im itching to get my hands on. Warhammer Online looks like it could be pretty cool... I think though that I'm taking a break until the next huge thing comes out.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:36 pm

I still play WOW every day. I'm in the expansion beta and it looks to be great.

Vanguard--I got accepted to the beta for it but I have heard nothing but horrible things about it so I haven't even bothered.

I have a friend in the LOTR beta and he says its not very good either.

Warhammer sounds interesting.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:37 am

And I thought the MMORPG buzz was dying down...

Never played any though. Never really interested in the concept of wasting hours and hours in a game that never ends. Plus who wants to fork over cash monthly to subscribe :-t

I don't think I'll ever play an MMORPG, ever.

Oh, and I hear LOTR isn't that great. Nothing new or innovative and stuff like that.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:29 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:And I thought the MMORPG buzz was dying down...

Never played any though. Never really interested in the concept of wasting hours and hours in a game that never ends. Plus who wants to fork over cash monthly to subscribe :-t

I don't think I'll ever play an MMORPG, ever.

Oh, and I hear LOTR isn't that great. Nothing new or innovative and stuff like that.

You're partially right in that you do waste endless hours accomplishing only virtual feats, on the other hand though, if you pick up the right MMO and actually get into it, it will forever be your favorite genre.

The only problem with MMOs for me is that they are impossible to play casually which makes balancing work/college/social/gaming hard.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:36 pm

There was a free one I played for about a week till it got insanely boring but Silkroad Online is something good for someone who doesn't want to spend anything.

It's not nearly as good as others you pay for though. But as I said it was fine for me, typically a non MMOPRG kind of guy for a week of obsession.

It really was awesome and I think I got up to level 27 but then it just starts feeling old.

EDIT: As for the next blockbuster MMORPG? I have no clue. I just want Blizzard to get Starcraft Ghost finished and SC2.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:11 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
The only problem with MMOs for me is that they are impossible to play casually which makes balancing work/college/social/gaming hard.

Couldn't the same be said about Fantasy Football though? :-b
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:07 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:

I play fantasy football as about as hardcore as it can be played and the hours don't even come close to matching the time commitment. For example to play WoW to it's fullest I would dedicated more time than my full time job.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:51 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:

I play fantasy football as about as hardcore as it can be played and the hours don't even come close to matching the time commitment. For example to play WoW to it's fullest I would dedicated more time than my full time job.

I think you underestimate some of the hardcore FF players. But I do agree that MMOs take up a hell of a lot of time.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: MMORPG Buzz

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 pm

I have LOTRO and it plays very nice! Great graphics and pretty darn good gameplay also. Good place to spend your freetime.

Server: Brandywine
Name: Aishwarya
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games