Return to College Football

Guys Leaving Early

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:31 pm

CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
dgan wrote:Speaking of Brohm, wouldn't this be ironic if he declares. Atlanta trades Schaub to move up, drafts Brohm, and he is the starting QB for Atlanta Week 1 of 2008. I know...will never happen...but let the conspiracy theories begin. }:-)

If Brohm declares i wouldn't put it past Petrino to want and draft him, but i think he would be gone by the time ATL drafted, and i don't think they would trade Schaub to move up.

They have a 100 million dollar QB, you are insane if you think they are taking a QB in the first round.

Like i said, i wouldn't put it past Petrino to WANT to draft him and to draft him. From what i have read Arthur Blank told Petrino he can decide who the QB is. I Highly doubt it would happen, i am 90% sure it won't but i could see them trading Vick and then taking Brohm, IF, and a big IF Blank actually means what he said about Petrino being able to have the QB of his choice. I highly doubt he means it considering he has a man crush on Vick.

The cap hit they would take from trading Vick would be massive and would make them cut half their roster.

Vick brings in more money for the Falcons than they have ever had. He sells tickets, jerseys, and everything in between. I would be very surprised if he EVER left Atlanta.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:47 am

Doesn't matter as Brohm is returning to LOU, i will post the link when i find it. Heard it on the radio that it came down this morning. If anyone else finds a link please post ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:54 am

deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:37 am

Ginn is gone, can't pull up the link b/c i am not a subscriber to the OSU board on Rivals, so if anyone is or if anyone sees the link go ahead and post it
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:43 am

I forgot to post this, but Dan Connor will be returning this year, which is pretty big, he has the skills to be the next top LB.
http://pennstate.scout.com/2/609178.html
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:21 pm

deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Hawaii junior quarterback Colt Brennan said Monday he will declare for the NFL draft, but will "seriously consider" withdrawing his name on Tuesday.

Brennan
College football players have 72 hours to withdraw their names, provided they haven't signed with an agent.

"In order to stay eligible for the draft, I have to send the paperwork in," Brennan said. "But I need to postpone my decision. I need a little bit more time."

Brennan plans to have a news conference in Hawaii on Tuesday to finalize his decision. Brennan could be the third quarterback in the NFL draft, behind Notre Dame's Brady Quinn and LSU's JaMarcus Russell.

Brennan has been told he could be a late first-round pick or an early second-round pick. This season, Brennan set a record with 58 touchdown passes.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:35 pm

Associated Press

• NFL Early Entries
• Coaching Carousel Updates
• The College Football Wire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the inside scoop on your favorite team:

College Teams Alabama Arizona Arizona State Arkansas Army Auburn Baylor Boise State Boston College BYU Cal Charlotte Cincinnati Clemson Colorado Connecticut Dayton DePaul Duke Duquesne East Carolina Florida Florida State Georgetown Georgia Georgia Tech Houston Illinois Indiana Iowa Iowa State Kansas Kansas State Kentucky Louisville LSU Marquette Marshall Maryland Memphis Miami Michigan Michigan State Middle Tennessee Minnesota Mississippi St. Missouri NC State Nebraska New Mexico North Carolina Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio State Oklahoma Oklahoma St. Ole Miss Oregon Oregon State Penn State Pittsburgh Purdue Richmond Rutgers San Diego State Seton Hall South Carolina Southern Miss Syracuse Temple Tennessee Texas Texas A&M Texas Tech Tulane Tulsa UAB UCF UCLA UNLV USC UCF USF Utah UTEP Vanderbilt Villanova Virginia Virginia Tech Wake Forest Washington Washington St. WCU West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Xavier

NORMAN, Okla. - Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

"In the end, I think I just realized that this is a business decision and that it is time for me to take that next step," Peterson said in a statement released by the university Monday, the deadline for underclassmen to declare themselves eligible for the draft.

"It wasn't easy," he said. "I haven't been sleeping much. I just put it all in God's hands."

Peterson returned from a broken collarbone to run for 77 yards and two touchdowns in Oklahoma's 43-42 overtime loss to Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. He had been sidelined for seven games with the injury, suffered Oct. 14 on a touchdown run against Iowa State.

Peterson's final carry in an Oklahoma uniform was a 25-yard touchdown run that put the Sooners ahead 42-35 on the opening play of overtime in the Fiesta Bowl.

Peterson opted not to hold a news conference to announce his decision, but said in the statement that he considered his relationships with teammates as a reason to stay at Oklahoma. He said his parents and Sooners coach Bob Stoops were among the people that advised him.

"The last few days have been stressful," Peterson said. "I've been pondering a lot of things and looking at it from all the different angles, weighing the good and the bad."

Peterson ran for 4,045 yards in three seasons, ranking behind only 1978 Heisman winner Billy Sims (4,118) and Hall of Famer Joe Washington (4,071) on Oklahoma's career rushing list. His 1,925 yards in 2004 were a school rushing record and the most by a freshman in NCAA history.

He started that season with an unprecedented nine straight 100-yard games. Peterson also finished second to Matt Leinart in voting for the 2004 Heisman Trophy, the highest showing for a freshman.

Peterson had shoulder surgery in the offseason after his spectacular freshman season, then sprained his ankle and missed parts of four games as a sophomore.

"There were some things that we didn't accomplish," Peterson said. "I didn't really do all of the things I set out to do. Those things, the guys and the love for college football were things I thought about."

He still finished the season with 1,012 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns.

"I know this has been a trying time for him and he just needs to know that we support him wholeheartedly," Stoops said. "Adrian has been a great individual player and a great teammate."

Click here for a complete list of underclassmen who may enter the NFL Draft.

For more coverage of the Oklahoma Sooners, check out SoonerScoop.com.

AD is really gone this time
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:20 pm

According to local radio Brandon Jackson, Running Back Nebraska, has declared for the NFL draft. Cant find a link at the moment.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:41 am

Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan has decided to return to school.

If the draft was held today, Brennan would've likely been the third QB selected with Brian Brohm also having passed on the draft. We're not sure he can put together another season like he did in 2006, but it is good news for his dynasty college football owners. Jan. 17 - 10:30 pm et
Source: Honolulu Advertiser

I knew he would come back
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football