Return to College Football

Guys Leaving Early

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Hawaii QB Colt Brennan said on ESPN's The Pulse Saturday that if he had to decide today, he'd forego his senior season and enter the draft.

Brennan said he's spoken with agents and coach June Jones and at least one source told him he could go as high as the first round and be the third quarterback taken. Coming off a 58-touchdown season, he has a chance. Brian Brohm's decision may impact which way Brennan leans

I know they cant sign with an agent but can they even talk to them and still keep their eligibility? :-?

yea as long as they don't take money or get anything from them

Makes sense. How would they know what their draft position would be if they didnt? :-b

There are actually a couple ways to find out, but yea, this is one of the easier methids, although i am guessing some Agents will lie to you
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:43 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Hawaii QB Colt Brennan said on ESPN's The Pulse Saturday that if he had to decide today, he'd forego his senior season and enter the draft.

Brennan said he's spoken with agents and coach June Jones and at least one source told him he could go as high as the first round and be the third quarterback taken. Coming off a 58-touchdown season, he has a chance. Brian Brohm's decision may impact which way Brennan leans

I know they cant sign with an agent but can they even talk to them and still keep their eligibility? :-?

Makes sense. How would they know what their draft position would be if they didnt? :-b

There are actually a couple ways to find out, but yea, this is one of the easier methids, although i am guessing some Agents will lie to you

And I think they can take money or gifts as long as they don't get caught. ;-) :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:26 am

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

You submit papers to the NFL to ask them to give you an estimate of what range they think you'll go in. Pretty much every junior who even has a 10% chance of going does this. This is done by tons of players and I think it's a very nice service that the NFL offers to keep NCAA players eligible and not make them put themselves out there without knowing some information.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:39 am

MLB Brandon Siler and FS Reggie Nelson are gone from Florida.

Story: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2728981 (Siler)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/n ... id=2730619 (Nelson)

That leaves only Derrick Harvey to make the choice to go or stay for the Gators.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:52 am

Speaking of Brohm, wouldn't this be ironic if he declares. Atlanta trades Schaub to move up, drafts Brohm, and he is the starting QB for Atlanta Week 1 of 2008. I know...will never happen...but let the conspiracy theories begin. }:-)
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:18 am

dgan wrote:Speaking of Brohm, wouldn't this be ironic if he declares. Atlanta trades Schaub to move up, drafts Brohm, and he is the starting QB for Atlanta Week 1 of 2008. I know...will never happen...but let the conspiracy theories begin. }:-)

If Brohm declares i wouldn't put it past Petrino to want and draft him, but i think he would be gone by the time ATL drafted, and i don't think they would trade Schaub to move up.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:20 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
dgan wrote:Speaking of Brohm, wouldn't this be ironic if he declares. Atlanta trades Schaub to move up, drafts Brohm, and he is the starting QB for Atlanta Week 1 of 2008. I know...will never happen...but let the conspiracy theories begin. }:-)

If Brohm declares i wouldn't put it past Petrino to want and draft him, but i think he would be gone by the time ATL drafted, and i don't think they would trade Schaub to move up.

They have a 100 million dollar QB, you are insane if you think they are taking a QB in the first round.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:24 pm

CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

They have a 100 million dollar QB, you are insane if you think they are taking a QB in the first round.

Like i said, i wouldn't put it past Petrino to WANT to draft him and to draft him. From what i have read Arthur Blank told Petrino he can decide who the QB is. I Highly doubt it would happen, i am 90% sure it won't but i could see them trading Vick and then taking Brohm, IF, and a big IF Blank actually means what he said about Petrino being able to have the QB of his choice. I highly doubt he means it considering he has a man crush on Vick.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:10 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Like i said, i wouldn't put it past Petrino to WANT to draft him and to draft him. From what i have read Arthur Blank told Petrino he can decide who the QB is. I Highly doubt it would happen, i am 90% sure it won't but i could see them trading Vick and then taking Brohm, IF, and a big IF Blank actually means what he said about Petrino being able to have the QB of his choice. I highly doubt he means it considering he has a man crush on Vick.

I think Blank meant to say "You can choose the QB you want, but your options are Michael Vick and Michael Vick." And if it's not Vick, Schaub is the man. He should be a starter in the league somehwere.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:29 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

The cap hit they would take from trading Vick would be massive and would make them cut half their roster.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football