"Milestone" Thread Criteria - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

"Milestone" Thread Criteria

Moderator: Football Moderators

What should be the criteria for starting a "milestone" thread?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:57 am

Every 1000 posts (leave it the way it is)
61%
Every anniversary of the member's "joined" date (your cafe birthday)
No votes
Hall of Fame (5000 posts)
6%
Every anniversary AND Hall of Fame
16%
None. "Milestone" posts are for post padding
16%

Total votes : 49

"Milestone" Thread Criteria

Postby josebach » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:57 am

There has been some talk about rethinking what the criteria of "milestone" threads should be. It has been mentioned that because some members post so often, "milestone" threads have lost their significance. Voice your opinion!
Last edited by josebach on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:00 am

so what, just post in a thread or don't. some doods like mods and sig artists, start sit contributors post more doesn't mean their frequent contributions aren't as signifigant. as the cafe grows so does the contributions.
keep it the way it's always been. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:02 am

Redskins Win wrote:so what, just post in a thread or don't. some doods like mods and sig artists, start sit contributors post more doesn't mean their frequent contributions aren't as signifigant. as the cafe grows so does the contributions.

Yea, I agree.

I also think we don't mute people who insist on talking politics and religion, so it would be pretty hard to justify muting someone who wants to congratulate someone else for thier contributions.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:03 am

Redskins Win wrote:so what, just post in a thread or don't. some doods like mods and sig artists, start sit contributors post more doesn't mean their frequent contributions aren't as signifigant. as the cafe grows so does the contributions.

Couldn't have said it better myself ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:06 am

Voted. :-b

I say keep them the way they are. Anniversary would be a tough one to keep on top of too. People should be able to congratulate who they want whenever. If you want to do it or you don't want to, choice is yours.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:11 am

The only reason this topic came up is because I said milestone posts have seen their time come and go.

My only point about this is that with upwards of 1,000 posters who post regularly, and more coming every day, we're going to end up with a never-ending glut of congrats threads. There's going to be a time when it's simply impractical to keep having these things. That's why anniversary dates make more sense.

We can do whatever we want, and I was only making a suggestion. On a scale of 1-10 I care about this about a 1.5. It's not a big deal.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:24 am

The poll wasn't my idea, so don't shoot the messenger. Currently there's 5 "milestone" threads on the first page alone, but now that I think about it, I'm wondering how many there would be if birthday's were used? Do we really need to start a "milestone" thread for someone that hasn't posted in a month just because it's the anniversary of their "joined" date? :-?

I say leave it the way it is also.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:33 am

I voted to keep it the way it is, but I'd like to see more significance out of these threads. Every 1K does not necessarily deserve a milestone thread. Every couple, maybe. While post counts aren't irrelevant, they aren't as significant as some make them out to be. I guess I'd just urge my fellow Cafers to be selective, both when starting milestone threads and also when responding in them.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:36 am

Man Law!
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:44 am

The way I see it is it all depends on who the person posting is. I mean, if everybody posted the way that Blitz does, then I would say every 5k. But if somebody like Mad, who does a TON for the cafe, but doesn't get to post much, they deserve one every 1k IMO. But whatever, I've only been here for 5 months or so... ;-7 :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk