AP Rookies of the year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

AP Rookies of the year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:46 pm

I'm actually quite surprised that the votes weren't more varied, or at least closer for the OROY. I didn't really think that VY was the clear-cut winner that the votes would indicate.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I'm actually quite surprised that the votes weren't more varied, or at least closer for the OROY. I didn't really think that VY was the clear-cut winner that the votes would indicate.

yeah I would have thought it would have been closer as well. Jones-Drew was a beast and should have atleast came in second without tying Colston
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby eman » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:01 pm

I find it extremely amusing how VY has a year like this with such a low QB rating and falling short of the playoffs and receives the ROTY award by a decent margin, and yet at the same time Vick is regarded as performing poorly when he posts a better qb rating and averages twice as many rushing yards. Either Vick is getting the shaft or VY is overrated, or a combo of the two.....and dont tell me VY is a winner, thats a bs term and him and Vick have very similar personell around them. (As far as Im concerned the record difference can easily be assessed to the different coaches, since Fisher is just as good as Mora is/was bad)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Munboy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:19 pm

I'm shocked that Young ran away with it. I think MJD deserved it because he's been doing it all year....and quite honestly, Young hasn't been that great of QB, he's been winning with his feet like he did at Texas...but I guess the winning part is all that matters.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Munboy wrote:I'm shocked that Young ran away with it. I think MJD deserved it because he's been doing it all year....and quite honestly, Young hasn't been that great of QB, he's been winning with his feet like he did at Texas...but I guess the winning part is all that matters.

Like you said at the end, it is the winning part that matters. He took that team from being 0-5 (or was it 0-4?) to having a very respectable year.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:17 pm

maddog60 wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I'm shocked that Nick Mangold didn't get any votes for OROY. He started all 16 games at Center for the Jets, and for anyone who watched closely would have seen that he was absolutely dominant all year. Center is one of the hardest positions to play in football, and for a rookie to step in and fill the shoes of perenial all pro Kevin Mawae the way Mangold did is just remarkable....

McNeill was just as dominant at a much more highly regarded position, left tackle. I'm surprised any linemen got any votes. Mangold will get his due some day, he looks fantastic.

Yeah, I was actually surprised anyone gave McNeill any votes.

It wouldn't have surprised me if the Steelers had taken Mangold in the last draft, but it didn't surprise me that they got Santonio either. It looks like both teams made good picks so far.

I don't think that Vince Young was awful, but MJD deserved the award more IMO.

And on defense, Demeco Ryans deserved it.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:11 am

Vince young doesn't surprise me, but the margin does. I thought that Bush would get more than he did, but I guess it was too little too late for him.

For the DROY, I agree with DeMeco Ryans. No doubt about it.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:51 am

I think the biggest reason to why Reggie Bush didn't get much regard to the ROTY honors was his rushing game. I think if he was somewhere around a 4.5 to 5, where everyone thought he was supposed to be, he definately would of got more recognition. But 3.6 is not doing it in my mind.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:34 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I think the biggest reason to why Reggie Bush didn't get much regard to the ROTY honors was his rushing game. I think if he was somewhere around a 4.5 to 5, where everyone thought he was supposed to be, he definately would of got more recognition. But 3.6 is not doing it in my mind.

4.8ypc in the last 8 games ;). He's getting there.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 am

I think MJD should have won it, but I am shocked that MJD and Colston were tied, were I think MJD should have gotten more or Colston should have gotten less.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk