Funny Sports Moments - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Funny Sports Moments

Moderator: Football Moderators

Funny Sports Moments

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:36 pm

Everyone that does or has played a sport has done something funny or stupid. Maybe something like playing wiffle ball and you drilled someone in the head by accident or something like that. Does anyone have some good stories? One of mine has to do with golf. I was playing at a course and when I was waiting to tee off, I was taking some practice swings. There was a road right near the tee box with a chain fence dividing the course from the road. I accidently caught a bit too much ground with my club and I sent a big clump of dirt flying towards the road. The dirt wad blasted through the fence then it hit and stuck to the fender of a car driving by. The guy didn't notice and he kept on driving. :-b
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:50 pm

I have one from my high school days on the golf team as well... This actually took place just after our round of golf. Being the High school idiots that we were my friend convinced me that it would be a good idea to drive circles around all the parked golf carts at full speed. Of course the ground we were driving on was made of loose gravel. Well anyways the first time around was fun, the second time the cart fishtailed and crashed into the first cart.... then the second cart... then the third cart... you get the idea.

By the time we came to a halt my cart was on it's side and every other cart had at least a flat tires worth of damage... Naturally my friend and I ran as fast as we could and somehow got away with it all.

To this day though the course makes you sign for and makes you leave your drivers license in order to rent a golf cart. :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:56 pm

i ran into the fence playing outfield going for a flyball that left the building...broke my nose...ya it hurt really, really bad. :~(
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:32 pm

My brother was getting ready to tee off on the first tee, swung, missed the ball, and the club went flying into a lake.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 pm

My friend hit a tree that was 5 feet in front of him with a golf ball and it almost hit him right in the head.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:56 pm

This season on my nephews freshman football team a kid picked up a fumble and returned like 50 yards....the wrong way! :-b

He will never live that down. ;-D

The same thing happened when I was in school but thankfully he was tackled before he reached the end zone.....by his own teammate! :-b

And yeah he never live it down, I still give him crap about it when I see him. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:57 pm

High school gym class was playing tennis. I'm not too bad at tennis, but I was goofing around and really shanked a serve that went directly to my right. Skipped once and then bounced up into the crotch of the guy playing the net on the next court over. Hilarity ensued as he rolled around on the ground moaning.

In fact, a lot of my funny sport moments involved the crotch being hit. Reminds me of when I was on the high school soccer team and played in a game during some rain. No lightning, so play continued. Thing about soccer in wet grass though, the ball doesn't really bounce but instead skips like a stone if hit with some force. So I went to bounce a goalkick with my chest to the ground, but the ball skipped and went a bit lower than I had expected. Ball nails me in the nuts, and hilarity ensued as everyone else, including the ref, laugh their ass off while I rolled around the wet grass, calling for the trainer.

I've got more, but I'll let others contribute. ;-D
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby APAP » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:02 pm

I don't know how many of you will believe this, but in one of my high school basketball games I dunked the ball--in my own hoop :-P

Now, it was accidental, thanksfully. I went up for a rebound off of a free throw and I went to grab the ball, but the guy I was boxing out jumped up behind me and hit my hand forwards a little bit, but enough to push my monentum forwards. So I had the ball in my one hand and it went flying forward and I ended up dunking it back into the hoop.

I was kinda mad that my first game-dunk was an accident, but I'm still content with being able to throw it down during practice :-b
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:07 pm

I am terrible at basketball. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't do just about anything. So I'm playing basketball in gym in like my sophomore year, and it's going badly. I get schooled every time I touch the ball. Mucho embarrassment. So somehow I end up at the top of the key and some nitwit passes me the ball. I go all "deer in headlights" and the kid guarding me who actually has skills starts crowding me and swiping at the ball. Out of sheer desperation I dribbled one step back, jumped and shot........ a perfect three. Ripped nylon is all you hear.

Luckiest damned thing I've ever done on a basketball court.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:13 pm

One time during one of my youth football games, I was playing OL and the play was over and the ref placed the ball on the gorund. I didn't hear a whistle and I pounced on the ball because I thought it was a fumble, it wasn't. I got up and walked back to the huddle all proud of myself, only to have everyone dying laughing.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk