Funny Sports Moments - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Funny Sports Moments

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:15 pm

sox 06 wrote:One time during one of my youth football games, I was playing OL and the play was over and the ref placed the ball on the gorund. I didn't hear a whistle and I pounced on the ball because I thought it was a fumble, it wasn't. I got up and walked back to the huddle all proud of myself, only to have everyone dying laughing.
haha that's hilarious, I'd love to see that. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:29 pm

When my little sister was in tee ball she used to be afraid of hitting the ball. To start off, it wasn't really a full tee ball league; the coach would underhand toss it to the batter the first two times, then if they couldn't hit it the ball would be put on a tee.

So anyways, my sister is scared when the coach tosses the ball, so she used to swing with her eyes closed. Well one day she magically hits a ball that the coach tossed with her eyes closed and she starts off running towards third base. From third to second, second to first, and first to home. Her coach was trying to yell at her that she was going the wrong way, and all the other kids were just staring at her wondering what she was doing. It was pretty funny.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:31 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
sox 06 wrote:One time during one of my youth football games, I was playing OL and the play was over and the ref placed the ball on the gorund. I didn't hear a whistle and I pounced on the ball because I thought it was a fumble, it wasn't. I got up and walked back to the huddle all proud of myself, only to have everyone dying laughing.
Very well done.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:42 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Very well done.

I got a star sticker put on my helmet during the next practice for my efforts. ;-D :-b
Last edited by sox 06 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:42 pm

Mine's golf related too...

I was at the driving range with a buddy - we'll call him Luke (since that's his name) and we were hitting a few warm-up balls before out round.

Well, my biggest swing fault is a slice, caused mostly by my tendency to swing in on the ball instead of swinging out at it, so I was working on making the swing out motion at this particular time by taking purposely exaggerated swing-out motions...

We were set up like this:

Code: Select all
Downrange

^^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||

| Luke | Me |

I am a righty, so essentially Luke was standing behind me. He had just ripped one downrange with his 3-wood (that sumbitch always had a beautiful natural swing - if I had his natural swing with the time I put into my game I'd be a single digit instead of the 20 hcp I am now, but I digress) and he was busy watching the ball flight when I made an exaggerated swing-out motion at the ball I was hitting.

Unfortunately, I exaggerated the swing-out concept a bit too much, and I caught the ball with the inside of the clubhead rather than the face, and it kicked off the mat hard - STRAIGHT AT ME! Fortunately for me, I was already off balance from the poor swing, and falling/jumping clear of the ball was a simple act of reflex. UNFORTUNATELY for Luke, he was looking downrange and not at me, expecting (quite reasonably) that any balls I hit would be moving perpendicular to the line of tees we were on, and not parallel. The ball caught him square in the temple with a loud TOCK noise, and he stumbled like he had just been hit in the head with an errant drive (DUH!).

The first thing I did was make sure he was okay, but as soon as he finished the "shake it off" motion and managed to blurt out "WTF was that?!?!" I couldn't take it anymore and I burst into hysterical laughter. Once I calmed down enough to explain what had happened he had a good chuckle too at the sheer freakishness of the shot...

He spent the whole round making snide remarks about ducking for cover whenever I teed up and I ended up playing one of my worst rounds ever, but it was funny as hell...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:45 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Mine's golf related too...

I was at the driving range with a buddy - we'll call him Luke (since that's his name) and we were hitting a few warm-up balls before out round.

Well, my biggest swing fault is a slice, caused mostly by my tendency to swing in on the ball instead of swinging out at it, so I was working on making the swing out motion at this particular time by taking purposely exaggerated swing-out motions...

We were set up like this:

Code: Select all
Downrange

^^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||

| Luke | Me |

I am a righty, so essentially Luke was standing behind me. He had just ripped one downrange with his 3-wood (that sumbitch always had a beautiful natural swing - if I had his natural swing with the time I put into my game I'd be a single digit instead of the 20 hcp I am now, but I digress) and he was busy watching the ball flight when I made an exaggerated swing-out motion at the ball I was hitting.

Unfortunately, I exaggerated the swing-out concept a bit too much, and I caught the ball with the inside of the clubhead rather than the face, and it kicked off the mat hard - STRAIGHT AT ME! Fortunately for me, I was already off balance from the poor swing, and falling/jumping clear of the ball was a simple act of reflex. UNFORTUNATELY for Luke, he was looking downrange and not at me, expecting (quite reasonably) that any balls I hit would be moving perpendicular to the line of tees we were on, and not parallel. The ball caught him square in the temple with a loud TOCK noise, and he stumbled like he had just been hit in the head with an errant drive (DUH!).

The first thing I did was make sure he was okay, but as soon as he finished the "shake it off" motion and managed to blurt out "WTF was that?!?!" I couldn't take it anymore and I burst into hysterical laughter. Once I calmed down enough to explain what had happened he had a good chuckle too at the sheer freakishness of the shot...

He spent the whole round making snide remarks about ducking for cover whenever I teed up and I ended up playing one of my worst rounds ever, but it was funny as hell...

One time when I was playing (I was a bit TO) I pulled the heck out of a hybrid off the tee and I wizzed it over one of my buddies head. Good times.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:04 pm

1. I was playing outfield in baseball when I was 8. You know the standard eight-year old in the outfield. Kinda daydreaming. So anyways, it was during practice and we were fielding fly balls. The coach hit one to me and I go right underneath it. I had the PERFECT catch. That is, until the ball crashed through my netting and clocked me right in the bridge of the nose. Got two black eyes and a bloody nose.

2. We were playing dodgeball in school in a gymnasium. At least all the guys were playing on one end and most of the gals were doing cartwheels at the other. So I ran to go and grab the ball, but ran right behind a girl doing a cartwheel. So anyways, my head is going down and her foot is going up. Her shoe (keep in mind that this is early 90's, so she was wearing like the 1-inch studs on her shoes) caught me right in the eye. It hurt like nothing else. I actually had a scratch on my retina and had to wear an eye-patch for a few weeks. As luck would have it, I had to wear the patch right through the same time that the circus came through town. :-t

3. OK, last one. Not really a sports moment, but I was at a swimming party for my little brother. I had perfected the front-flip off of the diving board a few months earlier and was really proud of myself. I had done back flips on a trampoline for forever, so decided to give it a try on the board. First time, I just busted flat on my back trying to bail. Second time, I get about around to my head. Third is flat on my stomach. At this point, everybody still thinks I am pretty cool, seeing as how I am the only one that is brave enough to even try it of our group of 11-12 year olds. So, about the fourth or fifth time, I get it down. I do it a few times and am really liking the attention and the rush. So about the time the novelty wears off and everybody stops watching me (thank God) and I start getting a little lax about it, I do my backflip rotation, but don't jump OUT far enough. The board caught me square between the eyes. Broke my nose and knocked me out for about 10 seconds. It was one of those come to and you don't know which way is up, except you are underwater. I swam down for a couple of seconds before I finally just rested and floated to the top. That hurt worse than probably anything else ever has.

OK, I am done now. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:16 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:1. I was playing outfield in baseball when I was 8. You know the standard eight-year old in the outfield. Kinda daydreaming. So anyways, it was during practice and we were fielding fly balls. The coach hit one to me and I go right underneath it. I had the PERFECT catch. That is, until the ball crashed through my netting and clocked me right in the bridge of the nose. Got two black eyes and a bloody nose.

2. We were playing dodgeball in school in a gymnasium. At least all the guys were playing on one end and most of the gals were doing cartwheels at the other. So I ran to go and grab the ball, but ran right behind a girl doing a cartwheel. So anyways, my head is going down and her foot is going up. Her shoe (keep in mind that this is early 90's, so she was wearing like the 1-inch studs on her shoes) caught me right in the eye. It hurt like nothing else. I actually had a scratch on my retina and had to wear an eye-patch for a few weeks. As luck would have it, I had to wear the patch right through the same time that the circus came through town. :-t

3. OK, last one. Not really a sports moment, but I was at a swimming party for my little brother. I had perfected the front-flip off of the diving board a few months earlier and was really proud of myself. I had done back flips on a trampoline for forever, so decided to give it a try on the board. First time, I just busted flat on my back trying to bail. Second time, I get about around to my head. Third is flat on my stomach. At this point, everybody still thinks I am pretty cool, seeing as how I am the only one that is brave enough to even try it of our group of 11-12 year olds. So, about the fourth or fifth time, I get it down. I do it a few times and am really liking the attention and the rush. So about the time the novelty wears off and everybody stops watching me (thank God) and I start getting a little lax about it, I do my backflip rotation, but don't jump OUT far enough. The board caught me square between the eyes. Broke my nose and knocked me out for about 10 seconds. It was one of those come to and you don't know which way is up, except you are underwater. I swam down for a couple of seconds before I finally just rested and floated to the top. That hurt worse than probably anything else ever has.

OK, I am done now. ;-D

:-b That must of stunk.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:20 pm

sox 06 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:1. I was playing outfield in baseball when I was 8. You know the standard eight-year old in the outfield. Kinda daydreaming. So anyways, it was during practice and we were fielding fly balls. The coach hit one to me and I go right underneath it. I had the PERFECT catch. That is, until the ball crashed through my netting and clocked me right in the bridge of the nose. Got two black eyes and a bloody nose.

OK, I am done now. ;-D

:-b That must of stunk.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed. As an eight-year old, I was pretty sure that I would never go on with life. Funny thinking back, cause I could still see pretty good, just no peripheral vision, so you had to turn your head to see everything. So the worst part is when something started happening somewhere else in the ring, it was kinda hard to find it. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:54 pm

One time one of my friends was over at my house and we were out in my driveway playing some basketball. My friend decided to take a 50 foot shot. The basketball hoop was right at the corner of my house. My friend heeved the ball and it went directly into one of the cellar windows of my house. It hit the window in flight, a perfect shot. :-t
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk