Student killed at my school today... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Student killed at my school today...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:54 am

dream_017 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Sad to hear - one of the reasons I got out of the big city before my 2 boys started high school - just too many problems with gangs and violence and related problems at big city shcools.

I wouldn't be so sure about being safer

NPR wrote:School Shootings in Rural Settings
by Howard Berkes

Morning Edition, October 4, 2006 · Violent crime is far less common in rural areas than in cities. Rural people are four times less likely to be victims of violent crime. Yet all three school shootings in the past week occurred in rural places.

you can always count on Dream to be positive. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:46 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Sad to hear - one of the reasons I got out of the big city before my 2 boys started high school - just too many problems with gangs and violence and related problems at big city shcools.

I wouldn't be so sure about being safer

NPR wrote:School Shootings in Rural Settings
by Howard Berkes

Morning Edition, October 4, 2006 · Violent crime is far less common in rural areas than in cities. Rural people are four times less likely to be victims of violent crime. Yet all three school shootings in the past week occurred in rural places.

you can always count on Dream to be positive. :-b

Yeh, you can never be 100% safe. We've been in this small town for 3 years now and it's nice and quiet. No gangs at the high school, no street gangs in town, no night clubs, no big city problems and no big city close enough to be a spill over problem. Family values are really important in this town and other than a bit of vandalism there's not much crime. Way more churches than bars in town.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:45 pm

when we moved into my town, it consisted of practically noone, now my high school has 3000 students in it. :-t :-t :-t
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:30 pm

stomperrob wrote:Yeh, you can never be 100% safe. We've been in this small town for 3 years now and it's nice and quiet. No gangs at the high school, no street gangs in town, no night clubs, no big city problems and no big city close enough to be a spill over problem. Family values are really important in this town and other than a bit of vandalism there's not much crime. Way more churches than bars in town.

Got a good town there stomper. ;-D

My condolences go out to the families and friends of those who were effected by this tragedy and our thoughts and prayers are with you BG, and others effected. It's a tragic time in our society's history when news like this is almost commonplace. Parents who don't care breed kids who don't care and these are the results. There is so little respect shown in today's world that some few kids find this as a way of expressing themselves. With no regard for whom they may be hurting in the process.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk