When Civilization Fails

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:17 am

knapplc wrote:Interesting story, Stomper. ;-D

Agreed. That was a fun read. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 am

Yeah, it reminds me of this guy that used to own this town. He used to force every business in town to pay a percentage until this bouncer named Dalton started fighting back. Eventually, a group of the business owners shot and killed the guy. (Wesley I think his name was) It was crazy. :-o
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:33 am

josebach wrote:

Yeah, it reminds me of this guy that used to own this town. He used to force every business in town to pay a percentage until this bouncer named Dalton started fighting back. Eventually, a group of the business owners shot and killed the guy. (Wesley I think his name was) It was crazy. :-o

Um, is that Roadhouse? I never saw that movie, but this sounds like it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:34 am

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:

Uh, no. Don't know what you're talking about. :-o ;-7
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:36 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:

Uh, no. Don't know what you're talking about. :-o ;-7

lol :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:10 pm

knapplc wrote:I get the impression from a friend who's spent a lot of time over in Spain that it is like two countries - the cities and some regions are very modern, but if you get out into the countryside not much has changed in the past 100-200 years. It's an interesting culture that supports both lifestyles. Here in America, most everyone is "modern" and those who aren't are in isolated pockets. It's kind of hard to understand how things could not change in 200 years, but then our culture is only a couple of hundred years old, so it's not easy to empathize.

I know some parts of Spain doesn't even recognize the Spanish government as official. There's the whole Basque region near the Spain-France border that's been a source of violence and terrorism for some time. Some of the hardcore separatists want a whole new country carved out of both Spain and France to call their own. And for the most part, that region is pretty rural and not heavily populated.

No idea if this story occurred in that area though. In any case, I wouldn't necessarily label some crazy mob action as uncivilized. People anywhere in any setting can cause major violence when mobs are involved. And usually some alcohol/drugs, lol.

PS: a bit off topic, but the word "mob" is looking very odd to me right now. I keep getting the impression that I'm misspelling it...
:-°
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk