When Civilization Fails - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

When Civilization Fails

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:17 am

knapplc wrote:Interesting story, Stomper. ;-D


Agreed. That was a fun read. ;-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 am

knapplc wrote:Interesting story, Stomper. ;-D


Yeah, it reminds me of this guy that used to own this town. He used to force every business in town to pay a percentage until this bouncer named Dalton started fighting back. Eventually, a group of the business owners shot and killed the guy. (Wesley I think his name was) It was crazy. :-o
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:33 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:Interesting story, Stomper. ;-D


Yeah, it reminds me of this guy that used to own this town. He used to force every business in town to pay a percentage until this bouncer named Dalton started fighting back. Eventually, a group of the business owners shot and killed the guy. (Wesley I think his name was) It was crazy. :-o


Um, is that Roadhouse? I never saw that movie, but this sounds like it.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:34 am

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:Interesting story, Stomper. ;-D


Yeah, it reminds me of this guy that used to own this town. He used to force every business in town to pay a percentage until this bouncer named Dalton started fighting back. Eventually, a group of the business owners shot and killed the guy. (Wesley I think his name was) It was crazy. :-o


Um, is that Roadhouse? I never saw that movie, but this sounds like it.


Uh, no. Don't know what you're talking about. :-o ;-7
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:36 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:Interesting story, Stomper. ;-D


Yeah, it reminds me of this guy that used to own this town. He used to force every business in town to pay a percentage until this bouncer named Dalton started fighting back. Eventually, a group of the business owners shot and killed the guy. (Wesley I think his name was) It was crazy. :-o


Um, is that Roadhouse? I never saw that movie, but this sounds like it.


Uh, no. Don't know what you're talking about. :-o ;-7


lol :-b
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:10 pm

knapplc wrote:I get the impression from a friend who's spent a lot of time over in Spain that it is like two countries - the cities and some regions are very modern, but if you get out into the countryside not much has changed in the past 100-200 years. It's an interesting culture that supports both lifestyles. Here in America, most everyone is "modern" and those who aren't are in isolated pockets. It's kind of hard to understand how things could not change in 200 years, but then our culture is only a couple of hundred years old, so it's not easy to empathize.

I know some parts of Spain doesn't even recognize the Spanish government as official. There's the whole Basque region near the Spain-France border that's been a source of violence and terrorism for some time. Some of the hardcore separatists want a whole new country carved out of both Spain and France to call their own. And for the most part, that region is pretty rural and not heavily populated.

No idea if this story occurred in that area though. In any case, I wouldn't necessarily label some crazy mob action as uncivilized. People anywhere in any setting can cause major violence when mobs are involved. And usually some alcohol/drugs, lol.


PS: a bit off topic, but the word "mob" is looking very odd to me right now. I keep getting the impression that I'm misspelling it...
:-°
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:15 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact