Cavities!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cavities!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:56 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:my mom said I could finally drink something, but that 4th shot he gave me is in full swing....i feel like I'm missing half of my mouth. :-o :-b

Don't listen to them if they told you that "milkshakes are easy to eat." Trust me, from experience they are impossible to drink after you've have dental work done.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:31 pm

sox 06 wrote:When I was in fifth grade, I went to the dentist to have two baby teeth pulled to allow the adult ones to come in straighter. But the dentist thought it would be a good idea to take the other 6 baby teeth out and get it all over with. I was down 8 teeth. I couldn't eat or talk for quite a few weeks. :-t

LOL, 8 teeth? :-b

That's just crazy and stupid. Teeth will fall out when they're ready. You shouldn't have had to suffer like that.

As for me, I have never had a cavity. Feel better Guru. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:27 pm

ive had quite a bit of dental work from neglect when i was younger...luckily everything is good to go now...but there isnt anything ive experienced thats been worse than those visits to the dentist. seeing what time you posted...the numbness should just about be gone by now ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:29 pm

I don't brush nearly as often as I should, but I've been lucky to have really good teeth. I had a few cavities when I was a kid and one about two years ago, but nothing since. Listerine really helps on days when you're too lazy to brush. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:32 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:ive had quite a bit of dental work from neglect when i was younger...luckily everything is good to go now...but there isnt anything ive experienced thats been worse than those visits to the dentist. seeing what time you posted...the numbness should just about be gone by now ;-D
actually ya, almost right when you posted, it was pretty much all gone. ;-D then I went and ate my sub sandwich...yum! :-L
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:33 pm

knapplc wrote: Listerine really helps on days when you're too lazy to brush. ;-D

i always thought that too, and when i asked my dentists about it they said that rinsing with it is about the equivalent to rinsing your mouth with water...except it makes your breath smell better. they said it can even be worse because a lot of them contain sugars which can actually erode your enamel instead of cleaning it. i was surprised to hear that.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 pm

that's wierd, it feels like it's burning the gums right out of your mouth!
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:36 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
knapplc wrote: Listerine really helps on days when you're too lazy to brush. ;-D

i always thought that too, and when i asked my dentists about it they said that rinsing with it is about the equivalent to rinsing your mouth with water...except it makes your breath smell better. they said it can even be worse because a lot of them contain sugars which can actually erode your enamel instead of cleaning it. i was surprised to hear that.

Listerine is strong enough to clean your toilet. It'll kill everything in your mouth, especially the stuff that causes gingivitis, and there is no sugar in Listerine. I'm not talking about breath fresheners. This is the serious stuff.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:45 pm

knapplc wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

Listerine is strong enough to clean your toilet. It'll kill everything in your mouth, especially the stuff that causes gingivitis, and there is no sugar in Listerine. I'm not talking about breath fresheners. This is the serious stuff.

hmmmmm see thats what i thought too...maybe i misunderstood what they told me...but i swear they were referring to listerine. is there sugar in scope?? maybe it was standard mouthwash they were talking about. im going in for a cleaning soon...ill inquire about it again ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:47 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

hmmmmm see thats what i thought too...maybe i misunderstood what they told me...but i swear they were referring to listerine. im going in for a cleaning soon...ill inquire about it again ;-D
icck, the cleaning stuff they use...i think it's called flouride....yuck, that stuff's horrible, but the impressions are worse, you know when they put that gooey stuff in a little half-circled pan and shove it on your teeth and you gag like crazy.... :-o :~( :-P
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk