Cavities!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cavities!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:49 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
knapplc wrote: Listerine really helps on days when you're too lazy to brush. ;-D

i always thought that too, and when i asked my dentists about it they said that rinsing with it is about the equivalent to rinsing your mouth with water...except it makes your breath smell better. they said it can even be worse because a lot of them contain sugars which can actually erode your enamel instead of cleaning it. i was surprised to hear that.

Listerine is strong enough to clean your toilet. It'll kill everything in your mouth, especially the stuff that causes gingivitis, and there is no sugar in Listerine. I'm not talking about breath fresheners. This is the serious stuff.

hmmmmm see thats what i thought too...maybe i misunderstood what they told me...but i swear they were referring to listerine. is there sugar in scope?? maybe it was standard mouthwash they were talking about. im going in for a cleaning soon...ill inquire about it again ;-D

I have one scheduled for later this month. If I remember I'll ask too. It'll be interesting if we can compare notes, because I know from experience that dentists across the country have very different ideas about oral hygiene.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:icck, the cleaning stuff they use...i think it's called flouride....yuck, that stuff's horrible, but the impressions are worse, you know when they put that gooey stuff in a little half-circled pan and shove it on your teeth and you gag like crazy.... :-o :~( :-P

dont worry, once you get older they wont give you flouride treatments anymore. i remember how much i used to hate that stuff...you have to sit there drooling with that thing in your mouth for a couple of minutes :-{ :-L
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:58 pm

knapplc wrote:I have one scheduled for later this month. If I remember I'll ask too. It'll be interesting if we can compare notes, because I know from experience that dentists across the country have very different ideas about oral hygiene.

just looked up the ingredients in scope and sodium saccharin (sugar) is on the list...so there is a good chance my dentists were referring to standard mouthwash. ill ask when i go in and let you know what i find out ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:59 pm

I've heard mouthwash with alcohol is actually bad in the sense that it causes bad breath by drying the mouth. :-?

I've been using a Crest mouthwash which is alcohol free and uses hydrogen peroxide. A plus is the peroxide helps keep your teeth white and it seems to work pretty well. I think its sugar free too, it says it has saccharin but thats not sugar is it? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 am

Metroid wrote:I've heard mouthwash with alcohol is actually bad in the sense that it causes bad breath by drying the mouth. :-?

I've been using a Crest mouthwash which is alcohol free and uses hydrogen peroxide. A plus is the peroxide helps keep your teeth white and it seems to work pretty well. I think its sugar free too, it says it has saccharin but thats not sugar is it? :-?

speaking of peroxide.....have you ever swished with straight peroxide?? i have done it when i had a cut in my mouth and let me tell you...it tastes like poo. not only that but it foams up like crazy after you start swishing and it feels plain weird. :-P
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:59 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:icck, the cleaning stuff they use...i think it's called flouride....yuck, that stuff's horrible, but the impressions are worse, you know when they put that gooey stuff in a little half-circled pan and shove it on your teeth and you gag like crazy.... :-o :~( :-P

dont worry, once you get older they wont give you flouride treatments anymore. i remember how much i used to hate that stuff...you have to sit there drooling with that thing in your mouth for a couple of minutes :-{ :-L

I was 35 when I got my last fluoride treatment last year. Maybe that's because I had a cavity for the first time in decades?

The worst thing about the dentist is that polish they drill onto you. It's sort of an icky sweet gritty substance that just drives me crazy. Ugh!!! :-P
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:06 am

knapplc wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

I was 35 when I got my last fluoride treatment last year. Maybe that's because I had a cavity for the first time in decades?

The worst thing about the dentist is that polish they drill onto you. It's sort of an icky sweet gritty substance that just drives me crazy. Ugh!!! :-P

weird...they stopped doing mine when i was younger...like after high school. i guess every dentist is different. :-? and yeah...that polish stuff they use is nasty....especially the mint flavored green stuff :-P
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:02 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

weird...they stopped doing mine when i was younger...like after high school. i guess every dentist is different. :-? and yeah...that polish stuff they use is nasty....especially the mint flavored green stuff :-P

Totally!

That stuff is the NASTIEST stuff!

:-o :-P :-P :-P
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:17 am

And isn't it weird that the nastiest stuff at the dentist can be a polish? It's not like it's a drill cutting into your teeth, or a bone breaker crushing them to pieces for extraction or even that nasty goopy mold stuff. It's the polish, and it's all because of the texture. It's just absolutely nasty.

Last year I asked them not to polish my teeth and they didn't. It was like getting out early on parole. :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:24 am

dental hygenesists are teeth nazis.Ihate when the scrape my teeth its crazy how fanatical they are about using that little scraper poker thing.

*edit: blind melon song ;-D
Mouth full of cavities and your souls a bowl of jokes
and every day you remind me of how I'm desperately in need
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk