Cavities!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cavities!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:53 am

Redskins Win wrote:dental hygenesists are teeth nazis.Ihate when the scrape my teeth its crazy how fanatical they are about using that little scraper poker thing.

*edit: blind melon song ;-D
Mouth full of cavities and your souls a bowl of jokes
and every day you remind me of how I'm desperately in need

OK, when you go and get a cavity filled at the dentist, what do they tell you? Don't eat ice or pick at it, right? What is the FIRST thing they do to you when you walk into the dentist office? They grab that pokey thing and pick away at the thing like they are TRYING to rip it out just so they can charge you to redo it or something. That never made sense to me. :-t
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:17 am

knapplc wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:icck, the cleaning stuff they use...i think it's called flouride....yuck, that stuff's horrible, but the impressions are worse, you know when they put that gooey stuff in a little half-circled pan and shove it on your teeth and you gag like crazy.... :-o :~( :-P

dont worry, once you get older they wont give you flouride treatments anymore. i remember how much i used to hate that stuff...you have to sit there drooling with that thing in your mouth for a couple of minutes :-{ :-L

I was 35 when I got my last fluoride treatment last year. Maybe that's because I had a cavity for the first time in decades?

The worst thing about the dentist is that polish they drill onto you. It's sort of an icky sweet gritty substance that just drives me crazy. Ugh!!! :-P
oh, dude totally, it tastes like gick flavored gooey salt. :-P
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:19 am

knapplc wrote:And isn't it weird that the nastiest stuff at the dentist can be a polish? It's not like it's a drill cutting into your teeth, or a bone breaker crushing them to pieces for extraction or even that nasty goopy mold stuff. It's the polish, and it's all because of the texture. It's just absolutely nasty.

Last year I asked them not to polish my teeth and they didn't. It was like getting out early on parole. :-o
no...the molding is worse...much worse...my eyes have never watered up so much, and I have never gagged so much in my life, I felt like a complete idiot, not to mention I almost threw up. :-P :~( :-o :-P :-P :-P
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:35 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
knapplc wrote:And isn't it weird that the nastiest stuff at the dentist can be a polish? It's not like it's a drill cutting into your teeth, or a bone breaker crushing them to pieces for extraction or even that nasty goopy mold stuff. It's the polish, and it's all because of the texture. It's just absolutely nasty.

Last year I asked them not to polish my teeth and they didn't. It was like getting out early on parole. :-o
no...the molding is worse...much worse...my eyes have never watered up so much, and I have never gagged so much in my life, I felt like a complete idiot, not to mention I almost threw up. :-P :~( :-o :-P :-P :-P

I've had that molding done a couple of times and I agree - it's horrendous. That goop flows out the back of the mold and your gag reflex takes over. When I was a kid my neighbor told me he threw up all over the dentist's office because of that stuff.

I've heard that women are better able to tolerate that stuff. Something about being able to suppress the gag reflex. They have more practice at it, I guess. O:-) ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:04 pm

knapplc wrote:

I've had that molding done a couple of times and I agree - it's horrendous. That goop flows out the back of the mold and your gag reflex takes over. When I was a kid my neighbor told me he threw up all over the dentist's office because of that stuff.

I've heard that women are better able to tolerate that stuff. Something about being able to suppress the gag reflex. They have more practice at it, I guess. O:-) ;-7

Well, I'm sure that the Dentist appreciates me, because I have helped many, many women prepare for the molding process.

:-b

Anyhow, when it comes to dental hygiene, you can consider me a procrastinator. I try to brush my teeth as often as I can, but I often find myself putting it off, and forgetting about it. However, for whatever reason, my teeth are still white and healthy.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:25 pm

knapplc wrote:

Myabe I went to a cool dentist or something when I was younger, because I've had that molding stuff done several times and the dentist let me choose between 4 different flavors he had and the one I chose (sour grape, lol) tasted no worse than some cheap candy or kool-aid.

Anyways, the dentist I go to now is a total pick-whore. Goes nuts with the thing when I go for cleanings and the whole time I'm wincing in pain because he digs into my gums. By the time he tells me to rinse my mouth out with water, I look in the mirror and I look like some crazy freak who eats raw human meat, bleeding from everywhere. He always sends me a Christmas card and a birthday card, but I never send him anything because of all the pain he causes me with his pick.

:edit:
Oh, and about the Listerine stuff, I remember commercials last year or so when they claimed that rinsing with Listerine is as effective as flossing. But I have a couple cousins who are dentists who tell me that's wrong and that rinsing with Listerine instead of brushing is also stupid. He said that occassionally it's fine, as long as you don't make it a regular thing.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:58 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Myabe I went to a cool dentist or something when I was younger, because I've had that molding stuff done several times and the dentist let me choose between 4 different flavors he had and the one I chose (sour grape, lol) tasted no worse than some cheap candy or kool-aid.

Anyways, the dentist I go to now is a total pick-whore. Goes nuts with the thing when I go for cleanings and the whole time I'm wincing in pain because he digs into my gums. By the time he tells me to rinse my mouth out with water, I look in the mirror and I look like some crazy freak who eats raw human meat, bleeding from everywhere. He always sends me a Christmas card and a birthday card, but I never send him anything because of all the pain he causes me with his pick.

Oh, and about the Listerine stuff, I remember commercials last year or so when they claimed that rinsing with Listerine is as effective as flossing. But I have a couple cousins who are dentists who tell me that's wrong and that rinsing with Listerine instead of brushing is also stupid. He said that occassionally it's fine, as long as you don't make it a regular thing.

:-? :-? :-? :-?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:01 pm

Redskins Win wrote:dental hygenesists are teeth nazis.Ihate when the scrape my teeth its crazy how fanatical they are about using that little scraper poker thing.

*edit: blind melon song ;-D
Mouth full of cavities and your souls a bowl of jokes
and every day you remind me of how I'm desperately in need

There is nothing I hate worse than getting my teeth scraped - can't stand that metal on my teeth - I'd rather have a root canal! Now whenever I go in for a cleaning, I insist on the laughing gas (nitrous) - that stuff is great and the only way to fly! ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:02 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

:-? :-? :-? :-?

Heh, one is a guy and the other a girl. I took a shortcut, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk