Week 18 GC: Kansas City @ Indianapolis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 18 GC: Kansas City @ Indianapolis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:17 pm

I didnt think the Chiefs would be this flat in this game. Great job by the Colts D to stop LJ and make Green and those wideouts beat them. The Chiefs offense was stagnant all game except for one drive and the missed field goal killed this team. If Law had scored on that pick, maybe they have a chance in this game.

If Manning threw 3 picks in this game, imagine what the Ravens will do to him. :-o
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 06MetsAllTheWay » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:25 pm

Well thats all for KC. Now Manning needs to get things straight because he can't have a game like this against the Ravens and think that he'll win. For KC Freeney just killed them and had no answer for them and Trent Green hasn't been the same all year because of that concussion though I think he'll bounce back next year. I would have brought in Huard personally in the 3rd quarter. Well 1 team out and one 2nd round matchup set...next Cowboys vs. Seahawks
06MetsAllTheWay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:28 pm

06MetsAllTheWay wrote:Well thats all for KC. Now Manning needs to get things straight because he can't have a game like this against the Ravens and think that he'll win. For KC Freeney just killed them and had no answer for them and Trent Green hasn't been the same all year because of that concussion though I think he'll bounce back next year. I would have brought in Huard personally in the 3rd quarter. Well 1 team out and one 2nd round matchup set...next Cowboys vs. Seahawks

:-P Should be a thrilling game.

At least Gumbel isnt announcing it. Even Madden isnt as bad as Gumbel.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:31 pm

The Chiefs offense looked pathetic, they dropped passes and couldn't block anyone. Manning needs some help as well, he made some bad throws. Green also looked like crap though. Just an ugly game, KC beat themselves. :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tfunky14 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:34 pm

Manning realy only tossed 1 interception. The other two were communication mix ups with M. Harrison. He went one way and the ball went to KC. Now they need to hammer out those problems to beat Baltimore. Colts have beat Baltimore the last 3 times but that's without S. McNair....
tfunky14
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:35 pm

NittanyLions wrote:The Chiefs offense looked pathetic, they dropped passes and couldn't block anyone. Manning needs some help as well, he made some bad throws. Green also looked like crap though. Just an ugly game, KC beat themselves. :-t

The Colts D beat them up though. Let's give that D some credit for showing all of the critics (myself included) that they were wrong. That run defense was incredible and the gameplan was right on. Add to that, KC's offense was unimaginative as everyone knew they were going to LJ. Why not on the first play throw a deep ball to Kennison off a play action? They need to fire the offensive coordinator and get some wideouts that can catch the ball.

Now Manning has to step it up. I just dont think he can in the playoffs so this defense needs to carry them. With Bob Sanders back and the defense now on a roll after this game, that is possible. The Colts, in my opinion, are now the favorites. No one can stop them on offense (they seemed to get 8-10 yds on first down and that seems to happen againt any team) and if Manning can just minimize the mistakes, they are going to go far in these playoffs. It's all up to Manning.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jack » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:40 pm

Addai is one mean-looking guy. He smiles occasionally and speaks softly in interviews, but I can picture him getting angry on the field. Scary-angry.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:41 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:The Colts D beat them up though. Let's give that D some credit for showing all of the critics (myself included) that they were wrong. That run defense was incredible and the gameplan was right on. Add to that, KC's offense was unimaginative as everyone knew they were going to LJ. Why not on the first play throw a deep ball to Kennison off a play action? They need to fire the offensive coordinator and get some wideouts that can catch the ball.

Now Manning has to step it up. I just dont think he can in the playoffs so this defense needs to carry them. With Bob Sanders back and the defense now on a roll after this game, that is possible. The Colts, in my opinion, are now the favorites. No one can stop them on offense (they seemed to get 8-10 yds on first down and that seems to happen againt any team) and if Manning can just minimize the mistakes, they are going to go far in these playoffs. It's all up to Manning.

Amen. I think the defense certainly stepped it up in a big way today. It's really the only reason the Colts are even going to have a chance against Baltimore. The offense simply cannot afford to make those kinds of mistakes against the Ravens in Baltimore. We'll see what happens, but I'm pleased to see the Colts move to the next round on the strength of their defense. Very nice.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:55 pm

Can't believe how good Indy did against LJ today. That's why the NFL is the best sport on the planet. Noone really gave the Colts a chance all week. All you heard was 40 rushes for 200+ yards and multiple TD's for LJ against one of if not the worst rushing D's in the league. And in typical "any given Sunday" fashion, the Colts rushing D (& overall D) looked like the Ravens D today. Unreal. Congrats to the Colts and their fans! ;-D

PS: And congrats to me for posting that the Colts would remain undefeated at home! :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby dgan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 pm

dgan wrote:Dungy. Swallow your pride. Scrap the Cover 2 and put nine in the box today. You're better off giving up a big pass play and getting Manning right back on the field than giving up 75 yards rushing and a TD on an 8 minute drive while Manning sits on the sideline chomping at the bit. That's when he gets frustrated and frazzled.

*toots own horn*

Did I call it or what? Great job, Dungy. ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting